13 Boy Birthday Party Ideas
We’re into July already—yikes! Make summer memories by hosting your best party yet, whether it’s a birthday celebration or a fun get-together. Check out these super themes, decorations, invitations and dessert tables to get started.
- Check out these 21 Super Mario Brothers Birthday Party Ideas.
- Plus, get inspired with these 19 Finding Dory Birthday Parties.
Whether you’re in the mood for something classic or off-beat, you’ll find suggestions here to help you plan. Take off with ideas from these themes: patriotic red white and blue, Wild West cowboy, steampunk under the sea, social networks, woodland animal books, nautical, confetti and balloons, Hollywood movies, pirates, music, camping, kites, and little birds.
Feeling inspired? Time to party!
MY FAVORITE RECENTLY DISCOVERED BOY PARTIES FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD
1. LILLYPAUL DESIGNS via PIZZAZZERIE :: Patriotic First Birthday Party – If Americana is your cup of tea, you’ll love this first birthday all done up in red, white and blue. I especially like the (baby) Jack for President campaign posters and his PAC donation center.
2. FROM THE HEART EVENTS via KARA’S PARTY IDEAS :: Wild West Cowboy Themed Birthday Party – What a party! Red and white gingham, sunflower arrangements in cow print Mason jars, bandana prints and several amazing “destination” stations (like the Cowboy Saloon) make this party special.
3. PAPER AND CAKE via HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS :: Steampunk 11 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea – Never heard of this theme before, huh? It’s a so-cool tween variation on the popular shark/underwater party idea. Look for “rusty” pipes, gear-topped treats and bronzed marine animals. Unique!
4. ERIKA R via CATCH MY PARTY :: Social Networks Themed Birthday Party – Here’s another innovative tween theme. Colorful and filled with iconic symbols that tweens will recognize, this party theme gets a thumbs up!
5. BUGABOO CITY :: Woodland Animal Book Themed Birthday Party – Brother and little sis shared this adorable celebration, which would be great for any young book lover. The dessert table is charming with items such as the tree-topped cupcakes and an amusing little hedgehog cheese tray. Games like Woodland Animal Bingo and Musical Toadstools look like fun. I especially love the sweet invitation.
6. Madeline C via CATCH MY PARTY :: Boy’s Nautical Themed Party – What a great dessert table set-up! Love how the round table covering, fabric sail and anchor-shaped balloon transform the serving area—colorful, effective, and not too difficult.
7. SUGAR COATED CANDY and DESSERT BUFFETS via THE LITTLE BIG COMPANY :: Confetti-Tassel-Balloon First Birthday Party for Twins – The swirling, twirling effect of all the happy-bright colorful decorations would make anyone smile! Especially note the spectacular balloon rainbow, chalkboard backdrop and wonderful desserts.
MY FAVORITE RECENT BOY PARTIES FROM OUR BLOG
8. CREATIVE DESIGNS BY TONI via SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS :: Hollywood Movie Themed Birthday Party – Want the guest of honor to feel like a star? This is your theme! The Walk of Fame partners with glitz, movie paraphernalia and an array of desserts that best any you’d ever find at a real movie theater. Give your birthday boy the VIP treatment with this theme and put the happy in birthday!
9. TRACEY LAU via SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS :: Kite Themed First Birthday Party – Is there anything fresher than sky blue and paper white? Grass green grounds this dessert table that is certain to please children and adults. Miniature kites, a picket fence and even cloud-shaped treats mark this party as precious.
10. MADDY K WEDDINGS AND EVENTS ATELIER via SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS :: Sweet Baptism Celebration for a Little Boy – A smorgasbord of lovely treats is a fantastic way to please and impress guests and this event doesn’t disappoint. Happy colors and sweet birdie embellishments make this party noteworthy.
11. JULIE via SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS :: Boy’s Pirate Themed Birthday Party – A romanticized pirate’s adventure always seems to excite a boy’s imagination, which makes it a perfect idea for a birthday party. A wall-sized treasure map is sure to capture attention as little guys attempt to find where X marks the spot. A dessert table full of treats like this one just might be treasure enough!
12. BRAVE CREATIVE DESIGN via SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS :: Boy’s Music Themed Birthday – Jammin’ works for boys of any age. This four-year-old’s party included themed treats (like eighth note brownie pops), personalized microphone cups and DIY musical instrument favors. Wanna make music?
13. HOMESPUN HOSTESS via SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS :: Boy’s Camping Themed 9th Birthday Party – Do you have to go into the woods to host a camping party? Nope. This party proves how awesome a backyard event can be. A cookout, lots of treats and a pop-up tent make it happen.
MY FAVORITE RECENT PINS
- CARDBOARD TUBE SPACE SHUTTLE :: Send imaginations soaring with this fun craft.
- DIY (OLYMPIC) MEDAL :: Just in time!
- FOIL FISH :: Make a mobile, pretend you’re under the sea or maybe this is Dory’s cousin?
Plus, check out these 13 Birthday Themes for Boys…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week