This quick and easy homemade Rotel dip is loaded with cheesy goodness, ground beef and spices. Best of all, with only three ingredients, it’s ready to eat in minutes.
Rotel dip is an easy dip recipe made with meat, cheese, and Rotel Tomatoes, which are petite, diced tomatoes with green chilis and spices. (It’s almost like salsa.)
This Rotel dip recipe never lets us down. It’s always a crowd pleaser– it has the perfect amount of spicy heat in each bite. You can dip just about anything into it. I usually serve it alongside tortilla chips, bagel chips, crackers, or veggies.
Rotel Dip Ingredients:
You Will Need:
- 16 ounces of Velveeta
- 10 ounce can of Rotel
- 1 pound of hamburger
MEAT: If you substitute spicy sausage for the ground beef, it takes the heat up another level.
CHEESE: Switch the Velveeta for two 8-oz bricks of cream cheese — the result will be extra creamy.
How to Make Rotel Dip:
The ultimate appetizer, Rotel Dip couldn’t get any easier to make:
- Start by browning your hamburger in a skillet until cooked through.
- As it’s cooking, cube the Velveeta cheese.
- Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, stir in the cubes of Velveeta cheese and the Rotel.
- Stir regularly as it melts and then it’s ready to serve.
How to Store Rotel Dip:
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze rotel dip for up to 3 months, just make it’s stored inside a freezer safe container. When you’re ready to eat, just pop it into the fridge to thaw, then heat through before serving.
More Recipes to You’ll Love:
- COLD DIPS: Shrimp Dip | Seven Layer Dip
- HOT DIPS: Spinach Dip | Beer Cheese Dip
- APPETIZERS: Little Smokies | IP Wings | Hanky Panky
- 16 ounces Velveeta
- 10 ounce can Rotel
- 1 pound hamburger
- Brown hamburger in a skillet until cooked
- Add cubes of Velveeta cheese and the can of Rotel
- Stir thoroughly until melted
- Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies