This quick and easy Chicken Parmesan will become a new family favourite.
Foodies rejoice: it’s time for this year’s Milk Calendar to be released! Even though most of us use the calendars on our devices, nothing takes the place of the beloved Milk Calendar that the Dairy Farmers of Canada publish each year. Besides being a way to keep track of important dates, the Milk Calendar has great photography and delicious recipes (in English and French).
That’s where I got this incredible Chicken Parm recipe. It’s sooo good—you’ll want to make it! Thanks to the Dairy Farmers of Canada for all they do and thanks for sponsoring this post!
Continuing the tradition of great-tasting recipes, this year’s calendar features 19 easy-to-make, nutritious meals as well as variations and cooking tips by food writer and recipe developer Heather Trim.
For example, this Chicken Parmesan recipe is wonderful just as it’s written. It can also be served over noodles, as I’ve pictured here…
…or switch it up by using pork or veal scaloppini instead of chicken, or cut the chicken into fingers before dipping them in breadcrumbs, or turn it into Italian sandwiches.
There are also suggestions for food pairings and practical entertaining tips and tricks.
This time the calendar features local, sustainable, handcrafted foods, too. I’m excited to see what all the new recipes are.
For sure the recipes will feature the goodness of Canadian milk and dairy products. Because geese…cheese! Is it the ultimate comfort food?
And who could imagine life without cookies and milk?
Not Sam and me. We began our kitchen adventures with baking cookies and sharing them over cups of milk when he was just a little guy.
Now he is my number one helper in the kitchen. He thinks we’re just having fun together, but I know he is developing healthy eating habits too.
Calendar distribution to over two million Canadian households begins November 16th this year. If you visit milkcalendar.ca you can find out how to get your copy, plus you’ll find more recipes and videos with cooking tips and tricks.
Get ready to make some awesome meals with this year’s Milk Calendar. Milk it for all it’s worth!
Incredible Chicken ParmesanPrint Pin
- ½ cup 125 mL bottled tomato passata
- ¼ cup 60 mL dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 lb 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2
- 2 tablespoons 30 mL butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons 30 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 250 mL milk
- ½ cup 125 mL shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- ½ cup 125 mL grated Canadian Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons 30 mL chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spread passata over base of a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) casserole dish.
- Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Horizontally slice chicken breasts in half to form 4 cutlets. Press both sides of each cutlet into breadcrumbs to coat. Set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large non-stick frying pan. Add chicken, cooking until golden brown on each side for 2 to 4 minutes (chicken will not be cooked through). Place in casserole dish.
- Wipe pan clean. Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the clean pan. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, then milk until blended. Bring to a boil, whisking until bubbly and thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Mozzarella. Drizzle Mozzarella sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 15 min. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve as is, or place chicken and sauce in buns.