March 29, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These classic homemade meatballs are bursting with amazing flavor and are perfect when served with sauce, over spaghetti, or on their own. Making meatballs at home has never been so easy!
Homemade Meatballs Ingredients
You will need:
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of white onion, diced
- 28-gram package of dry ranch seasoning mix
Substitutions And Additions
GROUND BEEF: If you’d prefer to use different types of ground meat in this easy recipe, you can use a mild ground Italian sausage, ground pork, or ground turkey in your delicious meatballs.
RANCH SEASONING: You can use any brand and style of dry ranch seasoning that you prefer in this classic meatball recipe.
How To Make This Easy Homemade Meatballs Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
STEP TWO: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
STEP THREE: In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until they are well-mixed.
I do highly recommend having a dedicated scoop for meatballs. There is always a risk of cross-contamination. Be sure to clearly mark the scoop for anyone to recognize.
STEP FOUR: Using a 1½-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the meatball mixture into balls, using your hands to pack the meat mixture tightly into ball shapes.
If you choose to use your hands to mix the meatball ingredients, I strongly recommend wearing gloves. I also strongly recommend wearing gloves when shaping the raw meatballs.
STEP FIVE: Space the raw meatballs about an inch apart in a single layer on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
STEP SIX: Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn each meatball over. Place the tray back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve the cooked meatballs warm.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your meatballs as the suggested baking time approaches.
How To Serve These Flavorful Meatballs
Homemade meatballs are a classic comfort food that everyone loves. There are plenty of delicious and easy side dishes that will take your meatballs to the next level.
Try serving them with a side of garlic bread, roasted vegetables, or even mashed potatoes. You could also go for a simple Caesar salad or a more substantial pasta dinner.
Of course, you could go the traditional route and make meatball subs or serve them on top of spaghetti.
This meatball parmesan recipe can also be used to make a saucy, flavorful meatball sub. Our crockpot Swedish meatballs are perfect to serve over noodles for a hearty dinner.
MORE BEEF RECIPES
Storing This Easy Meatball Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store leftover meatballs in a sealed food storage container, such as a Ziploc bag or airtight container, in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: This is a great recipe to make a large batch and keep some in the freezer for later.
To freeze these easy meatballs you will want to place them in the freezer before cooking them and leave them there until they harden up. Then, transfer them to a large Ziploc freezer bag. Seal the bag and remove as much air as possible.
Freeze for up to 3 months until ready to cook.
These homemade meatballs are so versatile and have so much flavor. They can go in sauce over noodles or be served solo. Best of all, they are easy to make. In just six simple steps, you have delicious homemade Italian meatballs.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe allows you to prepare the uncooked meatballs and freeze them. Thaw and bake when you are ready to enjoy this meal.
This homemade meatball recipe can be frozen for up to three months in an airtight container.
If you would prefer to use a different meat or even a combination of ground beef along with another ground meat, this would add even more flavor to your tasty meatballs.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Grape Jelly Meatballs (Crockpot Recipe)
- Party Sub
- Homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
- Swedish Meatballs and Noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- 28 grams dry ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well mixed.
- Using a 1½ tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop the mixture into balls using your hands to pack them tightly into ball shapes.
- Space them about an inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then remove from oven and turn each meatball over. Place tray back in oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- I do highly recommend having a dedicated scoop for meatballs. There is always a risk of cross-contamination. Be sure to clearly mark the scoop for anyone to recognize.
- If you choose to use your hands to mix the meatball ingredients, I strongly recommend wearing gloves. I also strongly recommend wearing gloves when shaping the raw meatballs.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your meatballs as the suggested baking time approaches.
I make these in big batches and then freeze them. So easy and delicious!