Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Perfectly sweet and crunchy, it’s now super easy to enjoy this well-loved, vegan dessert known to the masses as Disney’s Cookie Fries. With plant-based butter, molasses and other dairy-free ingredients, these chocolate chip cookie fries come out of the oven ready to dunk into delicious dipping sauces and are fun for family nights or parties—or just keeping them all to yourself!
Looking for some other fun dessert recipes to try with the kiddos? They will love these Deep Fried Oreos. And if you’re in search of other delicious treats to accomodate a dietary restriction, you’ve got to try this recipe for Gluten Free, Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies.
DISNEY COOKIE FRIES Ingredients
Disney cookie fries are similar to biscotti in texture and are found at the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney World’s Beach Club Resort. Lucky for us the real recipe was released by the Disney Parks Blog to bring some of the magic of the parks straight to our kitchen at home.
You will need:
- 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons of warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: For a twist on the classic, use rainbow sprinkles to add a little color or cinnamon and sugar to create a different flavor. You could also swap out your mini chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, or white-chocolate chips!
To make a variety, you could split your dough into separate bowls and add various ingredients to each one!
DIPPING SAUCES: The options for dipping sauces are endless. Some ideas include chocolate, strawberry, or caramel syrups, marshmallow cream sauce, nutella, peanut butter or straight into a can of frosting!
HOW TO MAKE DISNEY’s COOKIE FRIES AT HOME
STEP ONE: Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
PRO TIP: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time, until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Then, fold in the chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed below.
STEP THREE: Fold in chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: Place in an 8×8 inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
STEP SIX: Cut into 32 strips that are about ¼ inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Storing this recipe
To store your cookie fries, you will want to keep them in a sealed container in a cool dry place. They will keep for up to 6 weeks. If you’d like to keep them longer you can put them in the freezer in an airtight container.
Your kids (and you) will love having Disney’s Cookie Fries right at home. These plant-based cookies are perfect for dunking into your favorite dipping sauces like chocolate, marshmallow, or strawberry. This Disney-inspired recipe is a fun, unique treat that works for a wide variety of dietary preferences!
MORE DESSERT RECIPES YOU’ll love
- Dr Pepper Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Homemade Baby Ruth
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Five Star Bars
- Rice Krispie Treats
Disney’s Cookie Fries
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 + 1 tbsp plant based margarine softened
- 7 tbsp warm water
- 5 tbsp liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.