October 20, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Perfectly sweet and crunchy, it’s now super easy to enjoy this well-loved, vegan dessert known to the masses as Disney cookie fries. With plant-based butter, molasses, and other dairy-free ingredients, these chocolate chip cookie fries come out of the oven ready to dunk!
Disney Cookie Fries Ingredients
Soft and crumbly, these treats combine powdered sugar for a touch of nostalgia and margarine for a buttery richness.
A hint of molasses adds warmth, while mini chocolate chips provide pockets of chocolatey goodness.
- 2¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons of warm water
- 5 tablespoons of liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- ½ cup of dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Substitutions And Additions
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: For a twist on the classic, use rainbow sprinkles to add a little color or cinnamon and sugar to create a different flavor.
You could also swap out your mini chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, or white-chocolate chips!
To create a variety of cookie fries, you could split your dough into separate bowls and add various ingredients to each one!
DIPPING SAUCES: The options for dipping sauces are endless.
Some ideas include chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, or caramel syrup, marshmallow cream sauce, nutella, peanut butter or a can of frosting!
How To Make This Disney Cookie Fries Recipe
Follow our step-by-step instructions to recreating your favorite theme park treat.
STEP ONE: Combine flour, powdered sugar and plant-based margarine in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
Beat on medium speed until smooth.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, combine the warm water and egg substitute. Add the egg substitute and molasses to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar.
If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Then, fold in the chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed below.
STEP THREE: Fold in chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: Place in an 8 x 8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
STEP SIX: Cut into 32 strips that are about ¼ inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
A pizza cutter would be the perfect tool to use to easily cut your strips of dough.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until crunchy.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
How To Serve
Serve your batch of cookie fries with a choice of dipping sauces. If you are serving them to kids or at a party, what about serving the different dips in a muffin tin with each section holding a different rich, decadent dip.
And if you’re in search of other delicious treats to accommodate a dietary restriction, you’ve got to try this recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
Storing Disney’s Famous Cookie Fries
Check out our tips for storing these tasty and irresistible treats to enjoy later.
ON THE COUNTER: To store your cookie fries, you will want to keep them in a sealed container in a cool dry place. They will keep for up to six weeks.
IN THE FREEZER: If you’d like to keep this delicious treat longer you can put them in the freezer in an airtight container.
Your kids, and you, will love having Disney’s cookie fries right at home. These plant-based cookies are the perfect dunkable treats for dipping into your favorite dipping sauces like chocolate, marshmallow, or strawberry. This Disney-inspired recipe is a fun, unique treat that works for a wide variety of dietary preferences!
Frequently Asked Questions
Lucky for us, the real recipe was released by the Disney Parks Blog to bring some of the magic of the parks straight to our kitchen at home, and we have it for you here!
Disney cookie fries are similar to biscotti in texture and are found at the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney World’s Beach Club Resort.
You can freeze them in an airtight container for up to three months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Dr Pepper Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Five Star Bars
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Nutella Brownies
- Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Funnel Cake
- Apple Fries
- Banana Split Cake
- Fruity Pebbles Treats
- Funnel Cake Fries
- Brown Sugar Cookies
- Butterscotch Delight
- Funfetti Dip
- Baked Sour Cream Donuts
- Nutella Mug Cake
- S’more Cookies
- Campfire S’mores Nachos
- Peanut Marshmallow Clusters
- Strawberry Mousse
- Caramel Sauce
- Turtle Cheesecake
- Baked S’mores
- Ice Cream Dessert
- Pecan Butter Cookies
- Marshmallow Cookies
- Strawberry Trifle
- Homemade Donuts with Biscuits
- Cowboy Cookies
Disneys Cookie Fries
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ cup plant based margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon plant based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- ½ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8 × 8 inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are ¼-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
- Try different mix-ins to find your favorite type of cookie fry!
- Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time, until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Then, fold in the chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed below.
- A pizza cutter would be the perfect tool to use to easily cut your strips of dough.