Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Sweet Peach Iced Tea is a summer favorite and for good reason. It combines the delicious taste of peaches with iced tea for a refreshing drink the whole family will love. You can make the peach iced tea as sweet as you like too with the simple peach syrup recipe – and by using frozen peaches you can enjoy this Southern favorite any time of year!
Ingredients to make peach SWEET tea
You will need:
- 5 cups of water
- 1 family size tea bag (or 3 regular sized tea bags—we used Lipton but you can use any brand)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches, thawed and pureed
- 2 cups frozen peaches for serving (don’t thaw these!)
Ingredients substitutions and additions
PEACHS: Fresh peaches can definitey be used in place of the frozen ones. Substitute the two cups in the recipe for two cups of peeled and sliced fresh peaches. For the garnish, slice the peaches, put them on a parchment-lined pan and freeze them until ready to serve. This keeps the flavor and shape perfectly.
TEA: You can use any tea you like for this recipe. Bagged teas can be easier to work with but if you have a tea infuser and a favorite loose-leaf tea, there’s no reason you can’t try this instead.
HONEY: You can also leave out some of the peach syrup and add honey in its place. This will help the drink be sweet but also add an extra level to the flavor. Just add the honey while the tea is hot.
MINT: Another fun ingredient to add is some fresh mint. Muddle the leaves with the bottom of a rolling pin in the pitcher before adding the tea to release the oils and then follow the recipe.
How to make Sweet Peach ICED tea
STEP 1: Bring 4 cups of water to boil.
STEP 2: Remove from heat, add the tea bag, and steep for 5 minutes.
STEP 3: Pour the tea into a 2-quart pitcher then set aside.
STEP 4: Take a medium saucepan and combine the sugar, honey and 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
STEP 5: Add the pureed peaches and return to a low boil. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
STEP 6: Pour the syrup through a mesh sieve over a small bowl, pressing on the peaches to squeeze out the juice. Throw away the fruit pulp.
STEP 7: Add the syrup to the peach tea, tasting as you go to get the right sweetness. 1-2 cups of syrup to 4 cups of tea is usually nice and sweet but you can add more or less as you like. For a single serving of 8 ounces of tea, add ¼ to ½ cup of syrup.
PRO TIP: Don’t be tempted to add the fruit into the pitcher but keep it in the glass bowl. Otherwise, the fruit will start to break down and make the tea cloudy and a bit mushy.
STEP 8: To serve, divide the frozen peaches into four glasses, add ice and pour the tea over.
Storing this recipe
You can store any unused peach syrup in the refrigerator in a jar for up to a month. Just be sure to not add any extra fruit to the syrup to prevent fermentation or gas buid-up.
There’s no need to order out or purchase store-bought versions to enjoy delicious sweet peach tea. With this simple recipe of frozen peaches, sugar, honey, and tea, you can make it at home whenever you want—plus, it will always be just as sweet as you like it!
More SOUTHERN REcipes You’Ll Love
Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- 5 cups water divided
- 1 family size tea bag (or 3 regular size bags)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches thawed and pureed (or 2 cups fresh peaches peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups frozen peaches for serving (Do not thaw, if using fresh, slice the peaches, lay on parchment lined pan and freeze until ready to serve)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove water from heat, add tea bag, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea into a 2-quart pitcher. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, honey, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add pureed peaches and return to a low boil. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Pour syrup through a mesh sieve held over a small bowl. Press on the peaches to “squeeze” out as much of the juice as possible. Discard the peach pulp.
Peach Iced Tea
- Add syrup to the peach tea, taste-testing as you go until it reaches desired sweetness.
- To serve, divide the frozen peaches between 4 glasses, add ice, and pour tea over the peaches and ice.
- Store any unused peach syrup in the refrigerator.