Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Everyone loves this bite-sized version of traditional churros! Best of all, you can actually make the official famous churro recipe right in your own home with 8 simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Ingredients for Disney Churro Bites
You will need…
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
Pro Tip: This churro recipe can be made gluten-free! Simply replace the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Churros are delicious all by themselves, but you may also want to serve them with dipping sauces. Here are some fantastic dipping and topping ideas:
- Caramel – Serve caramel sauce on the side for dipping, or drizzle over the top of the churros.
- Chocolate sauce – You can use either chocolate sauce or warmed hot fudge. Serve this on the side for dipping or spoon right over the churros.
- Raspberry jam – A seedless raspberry jam can be warmed in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until warm, then served alongside the churros for dipping.
- Strawberries – Dice fresh strawberries and mix them with some granulated sugar. Allow the strawberries to sit for about 30 minutes to release their juices, then spoon the strawberries over a plate of churros bites. Top with whipped cream for a fun twist on strawberry shortcake!
- Marshmallow crème – Serve the churros with a side of marshmallow crème for dipping. You can also add a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a loose take on s’mores.
- Ice cream – Ice cream is a fantastic topping for churros! Vanilla or chocolate is perfect, but feel free to get creative.
- Whipped cream – Whether you prefer fresh whipped cream or the kind from a can, one thing can be certain, churros go so well with this creamy topping!
How to Make THIS COPYCAT Disney Churro Bites RECIPE
STEP ONE: Combine the water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring this to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to low.
STEP TWO: Add the flour and stir vigorously until the dough forms into a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the dough rest in the pan for 5-7 minutes.
STEP THREE: Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until combined; set aside.
STEP FOUR: Very carefully, heat the oil in a medium skillet or a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350F.
STEP FIVE: Scoop the churro dough into a piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe a 1-inch strip of dough over the saucepan and cut off with a knife to drop the dough very carefully into the oil. Repeat until churro bites fill the saucepan but leave room for them to fry without sticking together.
Pro Tip: Don’t have a piping bag with a large star tip? You can still make churros! Simply scoop the dough into a zip top bag, seal the bag closed, and cut off one of the corners of the bags to create your own piping bag. Your churros will not have the traditional ridged surface on the outside, but they will still taste great.
STEP SIX: Fry the churros until golden brown. Remove them from the hot oil carefully with a heat-safe slotted spoon or metal spider strainer. Place the churros on paper towels to drain off the excess oil and cool slightly for just a couple of minutes.
Pro Tip: If your churros are still raw inside, it could be because you did not fry them long enough, or the oil was too hot. When the oil is hotter than 350F, the churros will brown on the outside much faster than they cook on the inside. To avoid this problem, use a deep frying thermometer to monitor the temperature of the oil.
STEP SEVEN: In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and remaining cinnamon. Toss the churro bites in the mixture until coated. Serve the churros warm with the dipping sauces and toppings of your choice.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover churros in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. To reheat, place churros on a microwave safe plate and heat in 10 second increments until warm.
The ultimate sweet snack, Disney churro bites will make you feel like you’ve been transported right to the most magical place on earth. Easily mix up a batch of these churros with simple ingredients like flour, water, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon so you can enjoy this iconic treat right in your own home.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Disney Churro Bites
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.