May 16, 2023Review Recipe
Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
Table of Contents
Enjoy all of the flavors of a soft and gooey cinnamon roll without the work that goes into making them with this cinnamon roll casserole recipe. Nothing beats the warm baked biscuits and sweet melted cream cheese icing on top of this breakfast treat.
Cinnamon Roll Bake Ingredients
- 2 (5-count) tubes of Grands Cinnamon Rolls, cut into quarters
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of vanilla coffee creamer
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- 2 cream cheese frosting, from the cinnamon rolls tubes
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup of powdered sugar
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CREAMER: You can use any flavor of coffee creamer that you think would taste good in your casserole. Caramel, sweet cream, original, cinnamon vanilla, or caramel vanilla are some options that would work in this great recipe.
FROSTING: If you prefer, you can make homemade icing or use any type of store-bought frosting that you like for this easy cinnamon roll casserole.
How To Make This Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
This is a great recipe to make the night before. Prepare everything in the casserole dish, cover it, and pop it in the fridge overnight. Throw it in the oven once you are ready to bake the next day.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 11×7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters.
Use a pizza cutter or scissors to quickly and evenly cut the cinnamon rolls into pieces.
STEP THREE: Place the quartered cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee creamer, vanilla extract, and allspice until well combined, and the eggs are light and frothy.
STEP FIVE: Pour mixture over the top of the cinnamon rolls. Use a spoon to gently spread the mixture in the baking dish, ensuring that all of the cinnamon rolls are coated with the egg mixture.
STEP SIX: Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the casserole is completely set in the middle.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your casserole at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
STEP SEVEN: While the casserole is baking, in a separate medium bowl, add both of the cream cheese frosting packages from the tubes of cinnamon rolls. Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat together until no lumps from the cream cheese remain.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to help avoid any lumps in the frosting.
STEP EIGHT: Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking, remove the warm casserole from the oven. Let the casserole sit for 2 to 3 minutes, and then spoon the cream cheese frosting over the top of the casserole.
STEP NINE: Serve this sweet treat warm, and enjoy!
How To Serve Cinnamon Roll Bake
This cinnamon roll breakfast bake would be a brilliant option for Christmas morning breakfast. You can prepare it ahead of time and pop it in the oven to bake during all the excitement of the big day. It would also be tasty for a holiday brunch or even on a Saturday morning, along with our whipped hot chocolate to wash it down. No matter how you serve it, it will be a big hit with the whole family.
Cinnamon lovers, here are two more easy breakfast recipes to add to your baking list. We are sure that you will love these caramel pecan cinnamon rolls and this cinnamon roll monkey bread.
MORE CINNAMON ROLL RECIPES
Cinnamon Bun Casserole Storage
IN THE FRIDGE: Leftovers of this easy cinnamon roll bake can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge. Make sure that it is stored in an airtight container, to keep the rolls soft and fluffy.
MAKE-AHEAD: You can make your casserole the night before and store it in the fridge uncooked, covered with plastic wrap. The next morning, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
IN THE FREEZER: You can store this cinnamon roll breakfast casserole in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you want to enjoy it, heat it in the oven or microwave.
REHEATING: You can reheat the cinnamon roll casserole in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 350°F until warmed through.
This Is The Best Cinnamon Bun Casserole
Everyone loves the taste of sweet, gooey, cinnamon roll goodness. Using store-bought rolls and mixing them with a few pantry staples makes this delicious casserole recipe so easy to put together. After baking, top off your casserole with icing, and you’ve got a scrumptious breakfast for all to enjoy.
EASY CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE FAQs
This easy recipe can be made the night before and stored in the fridge uncooked, covered with plastic wrap. The next morning, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
This cinnamon roll casserole bake can be frozen, but we would recommend leaving the icing off until you are ready to thaw and serve.
If you have a preferred recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls, you can use that for this recipe, although we love the time-saver that the store-bought cinnamon rolls give us for this treat.
You can make cinnamon rolls even better by sprinkling additional spices such as nutmeg or ginger. You could also top your cinnamon rolls with jam or cream cheese icing and sprinkle berries or chocolate chips on top.
Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can be left out on the counter for up to three days after baking.
Cinnamon rolls are traditionally a breakfast or brunch food but can also be enjoyed for dessert any time of day.
Unopened cans of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can easily be frozen. Just pop the container in the freezer and thaw it when you are ready to bake them.
If the cinnamon rolls have been removed from the container, they will keep in the fridge for up to 2 hours. After that, they will lose their leavening power.
Cinnamon buns often have nuts and are smothered in butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar, while cinnamon rolls usually do not have nuts added and are often topped with cream cheese frosting or an icing glaze.
Sticky buns are baked in a pan with nuts and sweeteners on the bottom. They’re flipped after baking, so the gooey bottom becomes the topping. Cinnamon rolls are baked and then have cream cheese frosting or an icing glaze added on top once they come out of the oven.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Gorilla Bread
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot French Toast
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Pizza Casserole with Biscuits
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Bread
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Donuts
- Caramel Sauce
- Cinnamon Cupcakes
- French Toast Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Rotel Dip with Beef
- Better than Restaurant Fried Rice
- How to Make Strawberry Jello Pie
- Favorite Childrens Book Characters
- Pineapple Refrigerator Dessert
- Cheese and Cream Cheese Dip
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes Recipe
Easy Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 10 Grands Cinnamon Rolls, cut into quarters (two 5-count tubes)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vanilla coffee creamer
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 packages cream cheese frosting, from the cinnamon rolls tubes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 11×7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters.
- Place the quartered cinnamon rolls in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the eggs, coffee creamer, vanilla extract, and allspice. Whisk together until well combined and the eggs are light and frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cinnamon rolls. Use a spoon to gently combine the mixture in the baking dish, ensuring that all of the cinnamon rolls are coated with the egg mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the casserole is completely set in the middle.
- While the casserole is baking, in a separate mixing bowl add both of the cream cheese frosting packages from the tubes of cinnamon rolls. Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat together until no lumps from the cream cheese remain.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking remove from the oven. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes and then spoon the cream cheese frosting over the top of them.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- This is a great recipe to make the night before. Prepare everything in the casserole dish, cover it, and pop it in the fridge overnight. Throw it in the oven once you are ready to bake the next day.
- Use a pizza cutter or scissors to quickly and evenly cut the cinnamon rolls into pieces.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your casserole at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to help avoid any lumps in the frosting.
Did you change this recipe? I made it a couple of weeks ago from this Pin and it didn’t call for creamer. The recipe I used also called for maple syrup. Am I losing it or did you change it????
Layne Kangas says
We did update it recently! Enjoy 🙂
Hi, I accidentally grabbed reg size cinnamon rolls, does that matter?
Layne Kangas says
You might not need quite as much of the other ingredients then as the regular size will be smaller!
Do you refrigerate uncooked? Over night?
Layne Kangas says
Yes, that’s what I would do.
This looks amazing. I’m going to make tomorrow for Christmas. I’m curious if I can prep it tonight and put in the fridge to cook in the morning!?
Layne Kangas says
Yes, you could. Enjoy!!
This is so good, I made it for hubby and I this morning. I did add a little vanilla coffee creamer to the glaze and it was perfect. Great dish to serve on a snowy day.
So easy and delicious!!! My kids love this.
Love this – so easy and flavorful. Very fun!
We have already made this twice. Gonna make it again for Christmas morning. It quickly became a family favorite. Such an easy and delicious recipe!!
Karen Ann Mason says
I’m going to have fun being a copy cat 🐈 fat and happy 😊
Can I add like cherry pie topping to this maybe at halfway mark of baking
Layne Kangas says
Hi, Kim – we haven’t tested that so I don’t have any pointers but it sounds yummy!