March 15, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Enjoy all of the flavors of a soft and gooey cinnamon roll without the work that goes into making them with this cinnamon roll casserole. Nothing beats the warm baked biscuits and sweet melted cream cheese icing on top of this breakfast treat.
CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
- 2 (5-count) tubes of Grands Cinnamon Rolls, cut into quarters
- 2 cream cheese frosting, from the Cinnamon Rolls Tubes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of vanilla coffee creamer
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup of powdered sugar
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CREAMER: You can use any flavor of coffee creamer that you think would taste good in your casserole. Caramel, sweet cream, original, cinnamon vanilla, or caramel vanilla are some options that would work in this great recipe.
FROSTING: If you prefer, you can make homemade icing or use any type of store-bought frosting that you like for this easy cinnamon roll casserole.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE RECIPE
This is a great recipe to make the night before. Prepare everything in the casserole dish, cover it, and pop it in the fridge overnight. Throw it in the oven once you are ready to bake the next day.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 11×7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters.
Use a pizza cutter or scissors to quickly and evenly cut the cinnamon rolls into pieces.
STEP THREE: Place the quartered cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: In the separate bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee creamer, vanilla extract, and allspice until well combined and the eggs are light and frothy.
STEP FIVE: Pour mixture over the top of the cinnamon rolls. Use a spoon to gently combine the mixture in the baking dish, ensuring that all of the cinnamon rolls are coated with the egg mixture.
STEP SIX: Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the casserole is completely set in the middle.
STEP SEVEN: While the casserole is baking, in a separate medium bowl add both of the cream cheese frosting packages from the tubes of cinnamon rolls. Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat together until no lumps from the cream cheese remain.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to help avoid any lumps in the frosting.
STEP EIGHT: Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking, remove the warm casserole from the oven. Let the casserole sit for 2 to 3 minutes and then spoon the cream cheese frosting over the top of the casserole.
STEP NINE: Serve this sweet treat warm and enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE
This cinnamon roll breakfast bake would be a brilliant option for Christmas morning breakfast. You can prepare it ahead of time and pop it in the oven to bake during all the excitement of the big day. It would also be tasty for a holiday brunch or even on a Saturday morning just because along with our whipped hot chocolate to wash it down. No matter how you serve it, it will be a big hit with the whole family.
IN THE FRIDGE: Leftovers of this easy cinnamon roll bake can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge. Make sure that it is stored in an airtight container, to keep the rolls soft and fluffy.
MAKE-AHEAD: You can make your casserole the night before and store it in the fridge uncooked, covered with plastic wrap. The next morning, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
IN THE FREEZER: You can store this cinnamon roll breakfast casserole in the freezer for up to 3 months. It’s best to remove it from the pan and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. When you want to enjoy it, unwrap from the plastic and heat it in the oven or microwave.
Everyone loves the taste of sweet, gooey, cinnamon roll goodness. Using store-bought rolls and mixing them with some pantry staples makes this delicious casserole recipe so easy to put together. After baking, top off your casserole with icing and you’ve got a scrumptious breakfast for all to enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe can be made the night before and stored in the fridge uncooked, covered with plastic wrap. The next morning, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
This cinnamon roll casserole bake can be frozen but we would recommend leaving the icing off until you are ready to thaw and serve.
If you have a preferred recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls, you can use that for this recipe, although we love the time-saver that the store-bought cinnamon rolls give us for this treat.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Gorilla Bread
- Instant Pot Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot French Toast
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Pizza Casserole with Biscuits
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- French Toast Casserole
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 (5-count) tubes Grands Cinnamon Rolls cut into quarters
- 2 packages cream cheese frosting from the Cinnamon Rolls Tubes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vanilla coffee creamer
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 11×7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters.
- Place the quartered cinnamon rolls in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the eggs, coffee creamer, vanilla extract, and allspice. Whisk together until well combined and the eggs are light and frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cinnamon rolls. Use a spoon to gently combine the mixture in the baking dish, ensuring that all of the cinnamon rolls are coated with the egg mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the casserole is completely set in the middle.
- While the casserole is baking, in a separate mixing bowl add both of the cream cheese frosting packages from the tubes of cinnamon rolls. Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat together until no lumps from the cream cheese remain.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking remove from the oven. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes and then spoon the cream cheese frosting over the top of them.
- Serve warm and enjoy!