September 14, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Whether you want to indulge in a sweet treat with your tea or you want the perfect bar for the holidays, try this delightful old-fashioned five star bars recipe. Buttery graham crackers, crunchy coconut, and sweet condensed milk are mixed together, baked, and then topped with a rich chocolate layer for the perfect dessert.
Five Star Bars Ingredients
- 2½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 milk chocolate bars (approximately 42 grams each)
- ¼ cup of oil
Substitutions And Additions
CHOCOLATE: Instead of milk chocolate bars, you could use dark chocolate or even chocolate chips. As long as you can melt them for the topping, you are good to go.
How To Make This Five Star Bars Recipe
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix until it comes together in a ball.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If your graham crackers do not come pre-crushed, either place them in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them quickly and mess-free, or use a food processor to turn them into crumbs.
STEP TWO: Press mix into an 8 × 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
STEP THREE: Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes; remove from the oven.
STEP FOUR: In a small bowl, melt chocolate bars and oil.
STEP FIVE: Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the graham cracker layer; let cool completely.
Make sure the chocolate layer has hardened before slicing.
How To Serve
Serve these delicious bars with a cup of tea or latte or for a special occasion. These would be perfect for bringing to a potluck or school bake sale.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store these five star bars in the fridge to keep them from melting. They are delicious when chilled! Store in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: Five star bars will last in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place them in an airtight container and pop them into the freezer. I love to have these on hand in the freezer for when the sweet tooth comes around!
These amazing five star bars are so easy to make with only a handful of ingredients and a quick prep and bake time. They come out sweet, crunchy, and indulgent. Everyone will love these, whether served at a Christmas time potluck or summer BBQ.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since there is plenty of other sweetness in the rest of the recipe, unsweetened coconut is a great choice for this recipe.
These bars will freeze well and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. They are great to make for a rainy day when the sweet tooth hits.
These bars are easy to change the flavors. White chocolate, peanut butter, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate would all be tasty on top.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Pie
- Cream Puff Dessert
- Blackberry Pie Bars
- Cream Horns
- Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Recipes with Snickers Candy Bars
- No Bake Turtle Lush
- Candy Bar Brownies
Five Star Bar Recipe
- 2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 milk chocolate bars, approximately 42 grams each
- ¼ cup oil
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Mix until it comes together in a ball.
- Press mix into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate bars and oil.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the graham cracker layer; let cool completely.
- If your graham crackers do not come pre-crushed, either place them in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them quickly and mess-free, or use a food processor to turn them into crumbs.
- Make sure the chocolate layer has hardened before slicing.