September 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie bars are easy and delicious dessert bars. The chocolate and oat combination is heavenly, and with just 5 steps, they are a quick and easy snack that gets gobbled up almost as fast as you can make them.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars Ingredients
These sweet treats pack a seriously chocolatey punch, combining the richness of chocolate with the satisfying crunch of oats.
And because they’re not baked, they stay soft and gooey, so every bite is melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans
- 3 cups of quick oats
- ½ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Substitutions And Additions
NUTS: While this no-bake oatmeal bars recipe calls for chopped pecans, you can substitute this for many different kinds of nuts. If you prefer, you could use chopped almonds, walnuts, cashews, or macadamia nuts instead.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: As with the nuts, you can substitute semisweet chocolate chips. You could use milk chocolate chips, white chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips instead.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS: You can make your own graham cracker crumbs by placing them in a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to crush them. You can also opt to buy store-bought graham cracker crumbs if you prefer.
How To Make This No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars Recipe
Once you make the cookie bar mixture on the stove, you will press it into a baking pan to let it set before you are ready to dig in.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This is a fantastic recipe to make and freeze. Make a double batch of this great treat and keep the extras for later.
STEP ONE: Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Add milk, sugar, and butter to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, constantly stirring. Allow to boil for one minute, and then remove the mixture from the heat.
STEP THREE: Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir well.
STEP FOUR: Add in the pecans, oats, graham cracker crumbs, and vanilla. Stir all of these ingredients together well.
STEP FIVE: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Allow to completely cool, about 1 to 2 hours. Then, slice into cookie bars and serve!
Make sure you don’t skip the cooling time for the bars. They need time to set and it will make them much easier to cut after they cool.
How To Serve No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
These delicious bars are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and fill you up when you need a snack. They resemble a granola bar and will give you a great boost of energy on the go, just like our energy bites.
Some people love to pair these bars with a tall glass of cold milk for that classic and refreshing contrast of creamy and crunchy.
Storing No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Pop these in the fridge or freezer, so that you have a snack for later when you are craving something crunchy and chocolatey.
ON THE COUNTER/IN THE FRIDGE: After these delicious chocolate cookie bars have completely cooled, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
IN THE FREEZER: For longer storage, place the no-bake chocolate oatmeal bars in a container in the freezer. They can last for up to 1 month this way.
Can you believe that just five simple steps and a handful of simple ingredients are all it takes to make these tasty, no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookie bars? They are so easy to make and so delicious, with the perfect combination of crunchy and soft.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This great recipe is perfect for customizing with your favorite mix-ins. Try chia seeds, flax seeds, or coconut.
This no-bake dessert recipe will freeze well stored in an airtight container for up to one month.
We have not tried making them this way, but I can’t see why you couldn’t scoop them onto a baking sheet, flatten them into cookies, and chill them instead.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cake
- Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Christmas Granola
- Twix Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Christmas Bars
- Buckeye Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Vanilla Trifle
- Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Disneyland Peanut Butter Squares
- 7 Layer Bars
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
- Butterscotch Delight
- Peanut Butter Dream Bars
- Candy Bar Brownies
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 cups quick oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add milk, sugar, and butter to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Allow to boil for one minute and then remove mixture from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Add pecans, oats, graham cracker crumbs, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Allow to completely cool, about 1 to 2 hours. Slice into cookie bars and serve.
- This is a fantastic recipe to make and freeze. Make a double batch of this great treat and keep the extras for later.
- Make sure you don’t skip the cooling time for the bars. They need time to set and it will make them much easier to cut after they cool.