October 27, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Between the sweet and salty, chewy and crunchy, these salted nut roll bars are pretty much irresistible. They have a fantastic combination of textures featuring a buttery crumb crust, a soft, gooey marshmallow center, and a caramel-like topping with Rice Krispies and peanuts.
Salted Nut Roll Bars Ingredients
Salted nut roll bars offer an unforgettable flavor experience!
With a chewy, marshmallow and Rice Krispie center that adds plenty of texture, you’ll savor the sweet and salty combination of roasted peanuts and creamy peanut butter swirl.
Every bite bursts with a sweetness that will keep you coming back for more.
For The Crust:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For The Topping:
- 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 10-ounce bag of peanut butter chips
- ⅔ cup of light corn syrup
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 2-3 cups of salted peanuts
- 2 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
You can vary the amount of Rice Krispies and peanuts you add to the topping. I wouldn’t add more than about 3 cups of peanuts as the balance of salty and sweet will start to lean toward too salty.
Substitutions And Additions
MARSHMALLOWS: You can use either miniature or full-size marshmallows in this easy recipe; just make sure it adds up to four cups.
LIGHT BROWN SUGAR: If you’re out of light brown sugar, you can use dark brown sugar. It has a deeper molasses flavor, which can add a richer taste to the bars.
VANILLA EXTRACT: If you don’t have vanilla extract on hand, you can use almond extract or maple syrup.
Both will give a different but delightful flavor profile to the bars.
PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS: For those with peanut allergies, almond butter or cashew butter chips can be a good alternative.
They will provide a different nutty flavor but will work well with the overall taste of the bars.
SALTED PEANUTS: For a different crunch and flavor, you can use cashews, almonds, or walnuts.
Remember to adjust the saltiness if you’re using unsalted nuts.
RICE KRISPIES CEREAL: Puffed quinoa or puffed rice can be used as an alternative to Rice Krispies for a slightly different texture and flavor.
How To Make This Salted Nut Roll Bars Recipe
To make this yummy treat, the first step is to make the sweet crust and bake it. Once it comes out of the oven, quickly add a layer of marshmallows before baking this dessert again.
Finally, you can add the peanut butter and nut topping and allow the bars to cool before digging in!
Check out our step-by-step instructions below.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking pan lined with a piece of parchment paper.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, beat together all of the crust ingredients until well combined.
STEP THREE: Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan
STEP FOUR: Bake for 12 minutes.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your crust as the suggested baking time approaches.
STEP FIVE: Remove the crust from the oven and immediately spread the mini marshmallows over the crust.
Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake until the marshmallows puff and begin to turn golden, another 12 to 15 minutes.
The topping mixture takes just a couple of minutes to melt and come together. Start making the topping about 5 minutes after you have put the marshmallow-topped cookie base back into the oven.
STEP SIX: Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, and butter in a medium saucepan.
Stir over medium heat until the peanut butter mixture is melted and fully combined.
STEP SEVEN: Stir the peanuts and Rice Krispies into the melted mixture.
STEP EIGHT: Spread the topping mixture over the puffed and golden marshmallows and leave the baking dish to cool completely.
When you add the topping over the marshmallows, use a lightly greased spatula to press the topping down into the marshmallows and form a flat top.
STEP NINE: When cooled, lift from the baking dish and cut into bars using a sharp knife.
How To Serve
This copycat recipe is perfect for snacking any time of day or night.
For something a bit fancier, freshly whipped cream also pairs wonderfully.
If you’re looking for a bit of pizzazz, hot fudge sauce adds just the right amount of sweetness to this salty treat.
After all, there’s nothing more comforting on a cold night than an ooey-gooey slice of this salty-sweet perfection paired with some decadent accompaniments!
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Whether you’re planning to make them ahead of time or looking for ways to savor them over a few days, here’s how to store them effectively.
MAKE AHEAD: These salted nut roll bars can be made a day in advance, making them perfect for events or gatherings.
Once you’ve prepared the bars, allow them to cool completely. Then, place them in an airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Keep them at room temperature until you’re ready to serve.
ON THE COUNTER: Store leftover nut bars in an airtight container on the countertop for two to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: These nut roll bars can also be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Wrap in aluminum foil and store in a Ziploc bag.
Thaw on the counter before enjoying.
Why We Love This Recipe
SWEET AND SALTY COMBINATION: The combination of caramel, marshmallow, peanuts, and a sprinkle of sea salt creates a mouthwatering contrast that’s simply irresistible.
EASY TO MAKE: With straightforward instructions, you can whip up a batch of these delicious bars in no time.
GREAT FOR SHARING: These bars are a crowd-pleaser, making them an excellent choice for parties, potlucks, and gatherings. They’re sure to disappear quickly from the dessert table.
These salted nut roll bars are the perfect combination of gooey marshmallows and salty peanuts. Once you sink your teeth into these, you’ll know why the candy bars are so popular. We’d suggest whipping up a delicious batch soon!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you prefer, you could spread marshmallow creme on top of your crust in this recipe. It will make your resulting bars quite gooey, but they will still taste amazing.
You can freeze these salted nut roll bars in an airtight container for up to 1 month. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw at room temperature before serving.
To prevent the melted marshmallows and gooey topping from sticking to everything, spray your spatula or other utensils with nonstick cooking spray.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Rolo Stuffed Brownies
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- Buckeye Bars
- No Bake Cookies with Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Salted Nut Roll Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 10 ounce bag peanut butter chips
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together all of the crust ingredients until well combined. Press mixture into a 9×13 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately spread the mini marshmallows over the crust. Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake until the marshmallows puff and begin to turn golden, another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, and butter in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until melted and fully combined.
- Stir in the peanuts and Rice Krispies.
- Spread the topping mixture over the puffed and golden marshmallows and leave the baking dish to cool completely.
- When cooled, lift from the baking dish and cut into bars.
- You can vary the amount of Rice Krispies and peanuts you add to the topping. I wouldn’t add more than about 3 cups of peanuts as the balance of salty and sweet will start to lean toward too salty.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your crust as the suggested baking time approaches.
- The topping mixture takes just a couple of minutes to melt and come together. Start making the topping about 5 minutes after you have put the marshmallow-topped cookie base back into the oven.
- When you add the topping over the marshmallows, use a lightly greased spatula to press the topping down into the marshmallows and form a flat top.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peeps Rice Krispie Squares
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- Fruity Pebbles Treats
- Christmas Bars
- 7 Layer Bars
- S’mores Bars
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- Martha Washington Candy
- Peanut Marshmallow Clusters
- Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers Dipped in White Chocolate
- S’mores Cookies Recipe
- Blackberry Pie Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cups
- Chocolate Hand Pies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars