Anyone else have a crazy amount of Peeps hiding in their kitchen cupboard? I don’t know why we thought we needed them in every colour – but we did! I’ve found the perfect way to use up all of those brightly coloured bunnies and chicks – these easy Peeps Rice Krispie Squares!
- These Easy Easter Bunnies are perfect for an after school treat.
- There is something for everyone in this list of 23 Adorable Easter Desserts.
We first made some Peeps air-dry clay with our giant Peeps stash, but that barely used half a package so I knew we’d have to come up with a multi-coloured snack to make a serious dent in our Peeps.
I wanted a more muted, pastel-coloured Rice Krispie square, so I mixed our Peeps with regular (plain) mini marshmallows to help tone down their colour – but you can definitely use all Peeps for this recipe and achieve a more vibrant final product.
If you had major patience, you could shape these Peeps Rice Krispies into shapes, or even make stripes instead of layers and cut oval “Easter Egg” shapes — OR even better: buy a Wilton Peeps tray and make your own Rice Krispie Peeps!
Peeps Rice Krispie SquaresPrint Pin Rate
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 of each colour of Peeps PLUS 3 cups white marshmallows or 6 of each colour of Peeps and no additional marshmallows
- 6-7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1. Simply melt one colour of Peeps, 1 cup marshmallows, and 1 Tablespoon butter in a large, heatproof bowl in the microwave in 25-second bursts, stirring thoroughly in between each heating.
- 2. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, stir in 2 cups of the Rice Krispies cereal, incorporating completely. Add more or less Rice Krispies to achieve your perfect square.
- 3. Pour the Rice Krispies-marshmallow mixture into a lined cake pan and press down with a wet spatula or wet hands.
- 4. Repeat the above steps with each colour of Peeps marshmallows, layering them on top of each other in the cake pan (or however you are preparing them if you are not doing this layered look).
- 5. Place the cake pan in the fridge to set, about 2 hours.
- 6. Cut into squares and serve.
Get set for Spring baking with these Amazon affiliate links gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans – Bakeware Set
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Black
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan