Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
Most boys don’t care if taste treats are for a birthday party, a holiday or (preferably!) everyday; they just want to eat! If you, however, are looking for an easy something that looks and tastes special, this kid’s party food temptation for a colorful Easter treat will appeal to both of you. This recipe is a take-off on the favorite from the Kellogg’s Rice Krispie cereal box.
- Be sure to check out these 33 free Easter printables to help get you ready to celebrate.
- For more sweet treats, look at these easy in the oven s’mores.
Kids Party Food: Easy Easter Cookies
- 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows
- 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- ½ cup of turquoise candy melts
- candy sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Microwave butter and marshmallows on HIGH for about 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Pour the mix into a 9 x 13 x 2 pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Put a sheet of parchment paper over the mixture (to keep from sticking) and roll it out until it is about ½ thick.
- Use an egg-shaped cookie cutter to make egg shapes (periodically dip the cookie cutter in water to keep the marshmallows from sticking to it).
- Lay the egg shapes on a cooling rack until they're firm enough to handle.
- Heat the candy melts in the microwave in a small bowl. Dip one end of the eggs into it.
- Return to the cooling rack momentarily, with a cookie sheet underneath to catch any drips.
- Dip the treat ends into sprinkles and return to the cooling rack until they're firm.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. -Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Looking forward to Easter? Check out these supplies the Spaceships and Laser Beams team has sourced!
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Wilton Easter Sprinkle Assortment
- Tie Dye Egg Decorating Kit
- Easter Egg Whirls
- Lego Easter Basket with Eggs
- Wilton Comfort-Grip Egg Cookie Cutter