November 29, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Attention peanut butter lovers, these Reese’s cookies are the best cookies to satisfy your cravings. Deliciously soft and chewy, these homemade cookies boast a creamy peanut butter flavor and bursts of Reese’s candy in every bite.
REESE’S COOKIES INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups of creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Reese’s Pieces candy + ½ cup extra for the topping
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Creamy Peanut Butter: The recipe calls for smooth peanut butter for this recipe, but you could use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer.
Light Brown Sugar: If you don’t have this, you can use white sugar and a tablespoon of molasses.
Baking Soda and Baking Powder: These are two different things, and baking soda is three times as powerful as baking powder. If you only have baking soda, use 1⅓ teaspoons of it plus a teaspoon of lemon juice. If you only have baking powder, use 4 teaspoons of it.
Chocolate Chips: If you like chocolatey cookies, you could throw in an extra cup of chocolate chips along with Reese’s Pieces to create the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cookies.
Peanut Butter Cups: For a variation on the original recipe, in place of Reese’s pieces, you could also choose to use mini peanut butter cups or even chop up full sized peanut butter cups.
HOW TO MAKE THIS REESE’S COOKIES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
STEP TWO In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
STEP THREE: Add the butter and peanut butter to the dry ingredients and cream together with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
PRO TIP: To avoid flat cookies, make sure your butter is room temperature.
STEP FOUR: Add the white sugar and brown sugar to the peanut butter mixture. Mix together until light and fluffy.
STEP FIVE: Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
STEP SIX: Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
STEP SEVEN: Stir in two cups of Reese’s Pieces candy (the other ½ cup of the candies are for topping the cookies before baking).
STEP EIGHT: Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
PRO TIP: Chilling the dough prevents it from spreading in the oven.
STEP NINE: Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, dollop the dough balls onto the cookie sheet. Use the heel of your hand to press each of the balls into a cookie shape. Add a few candies on top of each one.
STEP TEN: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
HOW TO SERVE
Serve these delicious cookies for an afternoon snack with a glass of milk or our iced tea, raspberry iced tea, sweet peach iced tea, or southern strawberry sweet tea to wash them down. These would also be the perfect cookies to give as a gift. Wrap them up for all of your favorite peanut butter fanatics for yummy DIY gifts.
AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: You can store these chewy cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze Reese’s cookies for up to three months. Place the cookie sheet into the freezer until they are frozen solid, then you can transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. Defrost at room temperature and warm in the oven for five minutes if desired. You can also freeze the cookie dough balls and bake from frozen later.
These Reese’s Pieces peanut butter cookies are just like classic chocolate chip cookies, but with Reese’s Pieces candies and peanut butter. If you’re a fan of peanut butter, this is one cookie recipe that you’re sure to make again and again.
You can freeze Reese’s cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
This easy recipe is quite flexible in terms of adding extras. You could turn these into peanut butter chocolate chip cookies by adding chocolate chips to the batter.
You can freeze the dough in cookie dough balls and then bake them from frozen when ready to serve.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter creamy
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups reese's pieces candy plus extra for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in 2 cups of the Reese’s Pieces candy. (The ½ cup of the candies are for topping the cookies before baking)
- Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out dough, and drop onto the covered cookie sheet.
- Using the heel of your hand, gently press down on the cookie dough. Then lightly press a few of the extra candies on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow cookies to rest for 1 to 2 minutes before removing cookies.