Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Reese’s cookies are deliciously soft and chewy. They’re flavored with peanut butter and filled with crunchy Reese’s Pieces candies.
ingredients for REESE’S COOKIES
You will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Reese’s Pieces candy + 1/2 cup extra for the topping
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS
Creamy Peanut Butter: We used smooth peanut butter for this recipe, but you could use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer.
Light Brown Sugar: If you don’t have this, you can use white sugar and a tablespoon of molasses.
Baking Soda and Baking Powder: These are two different things and baking soda is three times as powerful as baking powder. If you only have baking soda, use 1 1/3 teaspoons of it plus a teaspoon of lemon juice. If you only have baking powder, use 4 teaspoons of it.
Chocolate Chips: If you like chocolatey cookies, you could throw in an extra cup of chocolate chips along with the Reese’s Pieces.
HOW TO MAKE THIS REESE’S COOKIEs RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
STEP TWO In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
STEP THREE: Add the butter and peanut butter. Then cream together with a hand mixer.
STEP FOUR: Add the white sugar and brown sugar to the peanut butter mixture. Mix together until light and fluffy.
STEP FIVE: Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined.
STEP SIX: Slowly add the flour and mix until just incorporated.
STEP SEVEN: Stir in two cups of Reese’s Pieces candy. (The 1/2 cup of the candies are for topping the cookies before baking).
STEP EIGHT Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
PRO TIP: Chilling the dough prevents it from spreading in the oven.
STEP NINE: Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Using a cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, dollop the dough onto the cookie sheet. Use the heel of your hand to press each blob into a cookie shape. Add a few candies on top of each one.
STEP TEN: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: You can store Reese’s cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze Reese’s cookies for up to three months. Place the cookie sheet into the freezer until they are frozen solid, then you can transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. Defrost at room temperature and warm in the oven for five minutes if desired.
Reese’s Pieces peanut butter cookies are similar to regular chocolate chip cookies, but with the addition of Reese’s Pieces candies and peanut butter. If you’re a fan of peanut butter, this is one cookie recipe that you’re sure to make again and again.
more recipes you’ll love
- 2 cup flour
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup reese's pieces candy plus extra for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in 2 cups of the Reese’s Pieces candy. (The 1/2 cup of the candies are for topping the cookies before baking)
- Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out dough, and drop onto the covered cookie sheet.
- Using the heel of your hand, gently press down on the cookie dough. Then lightly press a few of the extra candies on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow cookies to rest for 1 to 2 minutes before removing cookies.