Here’s a new recipe (at least to me) that could be a great kids’ party food idea. With all of those orange and yellow candies, wouldn’t it look awesome on an autumn themed dessert table?
- Mickey Mouse Witches’ Hats are a cute and simple snack idea that kids will love.
- You’ll want to make these desserts made with Reese’s right away!
One of my earliest memories of eating candy involves chocolate fudge. My Mom used to make it as an occasional weekend treat.
After mixing and heating the ingredients, she would drip a little into a cold cup of water to see if it had reached the just-right softball stage.
After her inspection, I got to scoop it out with my fingertip, which I would promptly pop into my mouth, always hoping she would have to check it again right away.
When Mom deemed it was ready, she would pour the dark chocolate ribbons in a heap on a well-buttered plate; the confection would miraculously flatten out into a smooth ocean of perfectly textured fudge.
Oh, the anticipation!
Once, for some reason, the fudge didn’t harden as it should. It was like a very thick chocolate caramel.
We each took a big spoonful of the chocolate goo and enjoyed it anyway. In fact, I realized I liked “eat-with-the-spoon fudge” best and often begged Mom to make it the wrong-right way after that. She often obliged. I have a nice Mom.
Raise your hand if you like fudge…I’m waving mine! Enjoy trying this one. You might keep a spoon nearby. You know. Just in case…
Reese’s Pieces FudgePrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups of chocolate cake mix any brand
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces + an extra handful to decorate the top of the fudge
- Combine the chocolate cake mix and the powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Pour the mixture over the cake mix and powdered sugar.
- Add in the 3/4 cup of Reese’s Pieces.
- Pour the fudge into a greased 8×8 baking dish, gently pressing it down with your hands. Sprinkle the extra Reese’s Pieces on top.
- Place the fudge in the fridge to set for a few hours. Remove and cut and into squares.
Create your own candy filled dessert with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great dessert recipe ideas perfect for fall.
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- Two-Step Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Peach Cobbler