September 11, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Between the unbelievably rich chocolate and gooey caramel, this Rolo fudge might just be the most decadent fudge we’ve ever tried. This easy no-bake recipe is perfect for a quick sweet fix and is brimming with layers of chocolate, caramel, and then even more chocolate.
Rolo Fudge Ingredients
Rolo fudge might make your mouth water just by the name alone. This decadent treat packs a punch of creamy goodness with each bite.
The smooth, rich texture of the fudge is absolutely irresistible, and the layers of chocolate and caramel are divine; perfect to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
- 4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) container of sweetened condensed milk (Do NOT substitute evaporated milk)
- 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 4½ cups of unwrapped and halved Rolos (divided into 2½ cups and 2 cups)
You can chill the whole Rolos in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before you slice them in half. Also, keep the sliced Rolos in the refrigerator before adding them to the fudge. This will help ensure the caramel does not ooze out prematurely before slicing the fudge.
Substitutions And Additions
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: This simple recipe would be just as rich and yummy with any kind of chocolate chip. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or what about an entirely new twist with white chocolate chips?
ROLO CANDIES: If you’re out of Rolo candies or you’re looking for a different chocolate-caramel combo, consider substituting them with other similar candies. Twix, for instance, could add a delightful crunch or Milky Way for a softer caramel and nougat combination. Remember, the texture might slightly vary depending on the candy used.
How To Make This Rolo Fudge Recipe
Making homemade fudge is so easy, especially with only four ingredients to work with.
For this recipe, the fudge will be made on the stovetop by combining chocolate chips, condensed milk, and cream together.
Once smooth and combined, you will alternate layering chopped-up Rolo candies with the fudge mixture. Give the fudge time to chill and firm up in the fridge before you are ready to serve it.
STEP ONE: Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Add the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream to a 2 to 3-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the chips are melted and smooth.
STEP THREE: Spread ½ of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
STEP FOUR: Evenly layer 2½ cups of the halved Rolos on top of the chocolate layer.
STEP FIVE: Spread the remaining chocolate mixture over the Rolo layer.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can score a grid pattern on top of the fudge before refrigerating to help cut clean slices.
STEP SIX: Finally, top the chocolate layer with the remaining Rolos. Allow the fudge to rest for 30 minutes before tightly covering it with plastic wrap and chilling in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
To help slice the Rolo chocolate fudge, run a large sharp knife under hot water. Be sure to dry the knife before cutting.
How To Serve
Any big fan of Rolos will be eager to enjoy a slice of this irresistible fudge. Wash it down with a homemade hot chocolate or pumpkin spice latte. You can also add this treat to a gift box along with our gingerbread fudge and creamsicle fudge.
Every bite of Rolo fudge is a gooey, caramel-y delight! To make the experience even more indulgent, why not pair it with an equally as decadent bowl of creamy and rich vanilla ice cream?
Whether you’re prepping for a future event, or just want to make sure leftovers stay irresistible, here are some helpful guidelines for storing your Rolo fudge.
MAKE AHEAD: One of the great things about this Rolo fudge is that it can absolutely be made ahead of time. If you’re preparing for an event or want to get a head start on your dessert, you can make the fudge up to 2 days in advance.
After preparing the fudge, allow it to cool completely and set it in the refrigerator as directed in the recipe. Then, simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it at room temperature until it’s time to serve.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this caramel Rolo fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
IN THE FREEZER: Homemade fudge can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months. Label the container with the use-by date to ensure that you enjoy your fudge while it is the freshest.
Creamy Rolo fudge checks all the boxes for decadent, and we love how delicious it is. And with only four ingredients, we suggest you head straight for the kitchen and whip up a batch as soon as possible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To easily slice the fudge, dip a large sharp flat knife in boiling water, dry it completely, and cut one long slice (the heat will help the blade to glide through).
This easy Rolo fudge can be frozen for up to 3 months.
This Rolo caramel fudge will get too soft on the counter and is best kept in the fridge.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Microwave Fudge
- Tiger Fudge
- Oreo Fudge
- Chocolate Fudge
- Layered Peppermint Fudge
- Creamsicle Fudge
- Chocolate Delight
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Caramel Fudge
- Blueberry Fudge
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Caramel Sauce
- Marshmallow Fudge
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Butterscotch Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Marshmallow Fluff Fudge
- Monster Cookie Fudge
- Brownies with Rolos
- Peanut Butter Fudge (Microwave)
- German Chocolate Fudge
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (Do NOT substitute evaporated milk)
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4½ cups unwrapped and halved Rolos, divided into 2½ cups and 2 cups
- Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Add the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream to a 2 to 3-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the chips are melted and smooth.
- Spread ½ of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly layer 2½ cups of the halved Rolos on top of the chocolate layer.
- Spread the remaining chocolate mixture over the Rolo layer.
- Finally, top the chocolate layer with the remaining 2 cups of halved Rolos. Allow the fudge to rest for 30 minutes before tightly covering it with plastic wrap and chilling in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can score a grid pattern on top of the fudge before refrigerating to help cut clean slices.
- To help slice the Rolo chocolate fudge, run a large sharp knife under hot water. Be sure to dry the knife before cutting.