October 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Rich, creamy homemade microwave fudge is simple and delicious and is made in only minutes with a few simple ingredients. This from-scratch favorite is a classic holiday treat that is the perfect candy to enjoy anytime.
Microwave Fudge Ingredients
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups of walnuts, divided into 1½ cups and ¼ cup (for garnish)
Substitutions And Additions
NUTS: You can omit the walnuts if you don’t like nuts. It’s still decadent and irresistible! You could also make it with peanuts or almonds.
TOPPINGS: You could add sprinkles, a drizzle of caramel, or a dash of sea salt to the top as well in this easy fudge recipe.
FLAVOR: You could add in a little bit of peppermint extract as well for a minty fudge or try a citrus flavor like lemon or orange extract.
CHOCOLATE: You could add in additional chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips.
You could also substitute dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips.
MIX-INS: You could stir in coconut flakes, dried fruit, mini marshmallows, pretzels, or candy pieces to this amazing fudge.
How To Make This Microwave Fudge Recipe
STEP ONE: In a large microwave-safe bowl, place the chocolate chips. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips but do not mix.
STEP TWO: Add the butter cubes on top of the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips.
STEP THREE: Microwave on high power for two to three minutes total, depending on the power of the microwave, stirring at short intervals of every 30-60 seconds until the butter has almost completely melted.
Immediately remove from microwave and stir until well combined.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
When you’re done melting the chips, there will probably be a handful of chocolate chips remaining unmelted.
Stop at that point and stir because the heat will continue to melt the rest of the chips. You don’t want to overcook and burn them!
STEP FOUR: Stir in vanilla and nuts with the melted chocolate.
STEP FIVE: Immediately pour the chocolate mixture into an 8 x 8 square pan lined with aluminum foil and spread to your desired thickness.
You can use your hands to press the fudge into the pan and to be flat and even on top.
STEP SIX: Refrigerate until set, then cut and serve.
Before the fudge gets too hard in the fridge, you could score the top slightly as a guide to where you want to cut the pieces once it is set.
How To Serve
This easy homemade fudge recipe is a decadent treat that calls for a cold drink, such as our iced tea, to wash it down.
If you are a chocoholic like I am, serve it with our whipped hot chocolate for a truly heavenly treat.
MORE FUDGE RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: Place leftover fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
IN THE FREEZER: This chocolate fudge recipe can also be frozen for up to three months. We’d recommend separating the layers with wax paper so that they don’t stick together.
In only a few minutes and with a handful of everyday ingredients, you can create a pan of creamy fudge. Loaded with creamy chocolate and crunchy walnuts, this microwave fudge is a homemade candy treat everyone will love.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe should be kept in the fridge so that it doesn’t get too soft.
This recipe really needs to use condensed milk to give you the proper texture for the fudge.
There is plenty of flexibility with this fudge. Try mixing in coconut, dried fruit, mini marshmallows, or other nuts.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Fudge
- Reese’s Pieces Fudge
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Tiger Fudge
- Peppermint Bark
- Peanut Brittle
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Blueberry Fudge
- Rolo Fudge
- Cotton Candy Fudge
- German Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Maple Walnut Fudge
- Strawberry Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
- Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Fudge
- Butterscotch Haystack Cookies
- White Chocolate Caramel Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped, for top of fudge (optional)
- Line an 8×8 square pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl place the chocolate chips.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips but do not mix.
- Add the butter cubes on top of the milk and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high power for two to three minutes total (depending on the power of the microwave), stirring every 30 to 60 seconds until the butter has almost completely melted.
- Immediately remove from microwave and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and nuts.
- Immediately pour into the prepared pan and spread to your desired thickness.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut and serve.
- When you’re done melting the chips, there will probably be a handful of chocolate chips remaining unmelted. Stop at that point and stir because the heat will continue to melt the rest of the chips. You don’t want to overcook and burn them!
- You can use your hands to press the fudge into the pan and to be flat and even on top.
- Before the fudge gets too hard in the fridge, you could score the top slightly as a guide to where you want to cut the pieces once it is set.