Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Caramel apple dip is an indulgent dessert dip made with cream cheese, Cool Whip, caramel sauce, white baking chips and toffee bits. It’s the best homemade sweet dip to serve with slices of crunchy apple.
INGREDIENTS FOR CARAMEL APPLE DIP
You will need:
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 11.5 ounce jar of salted caramel sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup of classic white baking chips, divided
- 1/4 cup of toffee bits
- 4 or 5 Golden Delicious apples
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS
COOL WHIP: If Cool Whip isn’t available where you live, you could use a cup of Greek yoghurt in a pinch.
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE: Regular caramel sauce or caramel dip would also work great for this recipe.
WHITE BAKING CHIPS: You could substitute these with regular chocolate chips if needed.
TOFFEE BITS: Also known as Heath bits or Skor bits, you could substitute these with butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips.
GOLDEN DELICIOUS APPLES: Any other variety of apple can be used for this recipe. You could even alternate slices of red and green apples.
THINGS TO DIP: You don’t only need to serve apple slices with this caramel dip, we also like to dip other kinds of fruit, pretzels, graham crackers, breadsticks, biscotti and cookies!
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARAMEL APPLE DIP RECIPE
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and half of the jar of salted caramel sauce. Beat with a hand mixer for one to two minutes.
STEP TWO: Fold in the Cool Whip and most of the white baking chips, leaving two tablespoons of baking chips for the topping. Mix until just combined.
STEP THREE: Transfer to a serving dish. Top with remaining salted caramel sauce, the remaining white baking chips and the toffee bits.
STEP FOUR: Slice the apples into thin wedges and place them around the bowl. Serve.
PRO TIP: If you need to slice your apples ahead of time, submerge them in a bowl of water with a few tablespoons of honey to prevent them from going brown.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can keep caramel apple dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
IN THE FREEZER: Caramel apple dip freezes well for up to three months in an airtight container. Thaw overnight on the counter top before serving.
If you’ve never tried apples and caramel dip, you won’t look back after making this. Rich, creamy, sweet and gooey, this cream cheese caramel apple dip is topped with chewy toffee bits to create a moreish dip that kids and adults will love.
More Recipes you’ll love
Caramel Apple Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz cool whip
- 11.5 oz salted caramel sauce divided
- 1/2 cup classic white baking chips
- 1/4 cup toﬀee bits
- 4 to 5 Golden Delicious Apples
- In a large bowl, add 8 ounces of cream cheese and half of the jar of salted caramel sauce. Beat with a mixer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fold in 8 ounces of cool whip and 1/2 cup white baking chips until combined.
- Transfer the cool whip mixture to a serving dish and top with remaining salted caramel sauce and 1/4 cup toﬀee bits. Top with additional white baking chips if desired.
- Serve with sliced apples.
Slice apples ahead of time and place in a bowl of water with a few tablespoons of honey. Submerge all apples. Remove and dry oﬀ with a paper towel when ready to serve.