May 30, 2023Review Recipe
Caramel Apple Dip
Table of Contents
Homemade caramel apple dip is an indulgent dessert dip made with simple ingredients that can be whipped up in a flash. It’s the best homemade sweet dip to serve with apple slices.
Caramel Apple Dip Ingredients
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 11.5-ounce jar of salted caramel sauce, divided
- ½ cup of classic white baking chips, divided
- ¼ cup of toffee bits
- 4 or 5 Golden Delicious apples
Substitutions And Additions
COOL WHIP: If Cool Whip isn’t available where you live, you could use a cup of Greek yogurt in a pinch. Or you can use homemade whipped cream.
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE: Regular caramel sauce or caramel dip would also work great for this recipe.
WHITE BAKING CHIPS: You could substitute these with regular chocolate chips if needed.
TOFFEE BITS: Also known as Heath bits or Skor bits, you could substitute these with butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips, or a little bit of both, on top of the caramel.
GOLDEN DELICIOUS APPLES: Any other variety of fresh apples can be used for this recipe. Granny Smith apples are nice tart apples and would be a great option to balance the sweetness. You could even alternate slices of red and green apples.
THINGS TO DIP: You don’t only need to serve sliced apples with the best caramel dip, we also like to dip other kinds of fruit, pretzels, graham crackers, breadsticks, biscotti, and cookies!
How To Make This Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This can be made ahead of time. Just leave oﬀ the salted caramel and toﬀee bit topping until ready to serve.
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and half of the jar of salted caramel sauce. Beat with a hand mixer for one to two minutes.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t have any lumps in your dip.
STEP TWO: Fold in the Cool Whip and most of the white baking chips, leaving two tablespoons of baking chips for the topping. Mix until just combined.
STEP THREE: Transfer to a serving dish or pie plate. Top with the remaining salted caramel sauce, the remaining white baking chips, and the toffee bits.
STEP FOUR: Slice the apples into thin wedges and place them around the serving bowl. Serve.
If you need to slice your apples ahead of time, submerge them in a bowl of water with a few tablespoons of honey to prevent them from going brown.
How To Serve
This easy caramel apple dip would be a great idea for an after-school snack. It’s a fun way to get your kiddos to eat a little bit of fruit while satisfying their sweet tooth.
This dip is also a great option for holiday parties or casual gatherings. Serve a scoop of the dip in individual small bowls for a playdate and it will be a guaranteed winner.
For more fun dessert dips that are perfect for a potluck, take a look at our colorful funfetti dip and this creamy cookie dough dip.
MORE DIP RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: You can keep this creamy caramel apple dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
IN THE FREEZER: Caramel apple dip freezes well for up to three months in an airtight container. Thaw overnight on the countertop before serving.
If you’ve never tried apples and caramel dip, you won’t look back after making this. Rich, creamy, sweet, and gooey, this cream cheese caramel apple dip is topped with chewy toffee bits to create an over-the-top dip that will be a huge hit with kids and adults alike.
Frequently Asked Questions
This caramel apple cheesecake dip freezes well and can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
This dip would be delicious with any type of fruit, pretzels, or cookies.
You could make this dip a day or two in advance and keep it cool in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. Just leave oﬀ the salted caramel and toﬀee bit topping until ready to serve.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Snickers Bar Pie
- Snickers Snack Cups
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Turtle Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Toffee
- Salted Caramel No-Bake Pie
- Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
Caramel Apple Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 11.5 ounces salted caramel sauce, divided
- ½ cup classic white baking chips
- ¼ cup toﬀee bits
- 4 to 5 Golden Delicious apples
- In a large bowl, add 8 ounces of cream cheese and half of the jar of salted caramel sauce. Beat with a mixer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip and ½ cup of white baking chips until combined.
- Transfer the Cool Whip mixture to a serving dish and top with the remaining salted caramel sauce and ¼ cup toﬀee bits. Top with additional white baking chips if desired.
- Serve with sliced apples.
- This can be made ahead of time. Just leave oﬀ the salted caramel and toﬀee bit topping until ready to serve.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t have any lumps in your dip.
- Slice apples ahead of time and place in a bowl of water with a few tablespoons of honey. Submerge all apples. Remove and dry oﬀ with a paper towel when ready to serve.
This dip is absolutely amazing! The problem is I wanna eat the whole thing.
Toni Thomason says
This is mouthwateringly delicious.I cannot get enough.
Rita Garcia says
I love to please my Daughter and Son’s by baking n cooking their favorite dishes