October 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Discover a new favorite dessert with our Twix dip recipe featuring cream cheese, whipped topping, and Twix candy bars to create a luscious and crave-worthy snack. From its smooth, velvety base to the caramel drizzle on top, it will leave you longing for more.
Twix Dip Ingredients
Satisfy your sweet cravings with our irresistible Twix dip. This delightful treat brings together a blend of ingredients.
Cream cheese adds richness and tanginess, complementing the candy bar crunch, while whipped topping brings lightness and fluffiness, balancing the creaminess.
Twix candy bars introduce chocolate, caramel, and crisp cookie layers. Finally, caramel sundae topping offers a marbled effect and enhances the caramel flavor.
- 1 (8-ounce or 226-gram) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce or 226-gram) container of whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 2 (12 packs) Twix fun-size candy bars (6.72 ounces or 190.5 grams)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of caramel sundae topping (divided into ½ cup and 2 tablespoons for garnish)
Substitutions and Additions
CREAM CHEESE: For a tangy twist, swap the cream cheese with Greek yogurt. This substitution adds a subtle tanginess and boosts the protein content.
WHIPPED TOPPING: Opt for whipped cream if you prefer a homemade touch. Just make sure to sweeten it to taste.
TWIX CANDY BAR: Experiment with different candy bars like Snickers or Milky Way for a unique flavor profile. You can also try adding crushed nuts for an extra crunch.
CARAMEL SUNDAE TOPPING: If caramel isn’t your thing, go for chocolate syrup or butterscotch topping to switch up the flavor.
MIX-INS: Add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, toffee bits, or any other sweet mix-ins you’d like.
How To Make This Twix Dip Recipe
This dip is quick to mix up, and the hardest part will be waiting for it to chill in the fridge.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing for a super smooth and creamy dip.
STEP ONE: Unwrap and slice 14 fun-size candy bars for the dip filling. Next, slice five candy bars for garnish. Set the sliced candy bars aside. You will have unsliced candy left over.
STEP TWO: Add the softened cream cheese to a medium-sized mixing bowl (2-3 quarts). Use a handheld mixer on medium-high speed to beat the cream cheese for 1½-2 minutes until the cream cheese is completely smooth.
STEP THREE: Mix in the thawed whipped topping until smooth.
STEP FOUR: Fold in the 14 sliced fun-size candy bars.
STEP FIVE: Fold in ½ cup of the sundae topping. The goal is to have a marbled effect with the
caramel topping. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
Don’t skip the chilling time. It’s important to make sure the dip has the proper texture before serving.
STEP SIX: Just before you are ready to serve, sprinkle the remaining sliced Twix bars over the top of the dip.
Next, drizzle the remaining caramel topping. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
How To Serve
Enjoy the Twix dip with an array of dippables such as pretzels, graham crackers, apple slices, or even marshmallows for a fun twist on s’mores.
Layer the Twix dip with crushed cookies and whipped cream for a quick and impressive dessert parfait.
Top vanilla ice cream with a dollop of Twix Dip for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare the Twix dip a day ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this fun treat in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure to cover it to prevent any flavor transfer.
IN THE FREEZER: If you have extra dip, it can be frozen for up to two months. Thaw it in the fridge before serving.
Why We Love This Recipe
CREAMY INDULGENCE: The blend of cream cheese and whipped topping creates a velvety-smooth texture that’s incredibly satisfying.
CANDY BAR CRUNCH: The Twix candy bars bring a delightful crunch to every bite, elevating the dip’s overall experience.
EASY AND QUICK: With minimal ingredients and simple steps, this recipe is a breeze to make, perfect for last-minute gatherings.
Indulge in the delightful world of our Twix dip recipe, where the creamy elegance of cream cheese and whipped topping meets the charm of Twix candy bars. Whether enjoyed with dippables or spread on pancakes, it’s a crowd-pleaser that brings joy to every occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Experiment with other candy bars for a unique twist on this dip.
Feel free to swap the caramel topping for chocolate or butterscotch.
The dip has a balanced sweetness, but you can adjust it by using less caramel topping if desired.
Crushed nuts can add a delightful crunch and flavor variation to the dip.
While it’s not designed for frosting, you can certainly use it as a topping for cupcakes or cakes.
Absolutely! Simply scale up the ingredients to match the number of guests.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- 7 Layer Bars
- Indoor S’mores
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookies
- Five Star Bars
- Caramel Sauce
- Butterscotch Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Butterscotch Haystacks
- Caramel Apple Pie Bombs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 6.72 ounces Twix fun size candy bars (2 12-pack or 190.5 gram)
- ½ cup caramel sundae topping
- 2 tablespoons caramel sundae topping, for garnish
- Unwrap and slice 14 fun-size candy bars for the dip filling. Next, slice 5 candy bars for garnish. Set the sliced candy bars aside (You will have unsliced candy leftover.)
- Add the softened cream cheese to a medium-sized mixing bowl (2-3 quarts). Use a handheld mixer on medium-high speed to beat the cream cheese for 1½-2 minutes until the cream cheese is completely smooth.
- Mix in the thawed whipped topping until smooth.
- Fold in the 14 sliced fun-size candy bars.
- Fold in ½ cup of the sundae topping (the goal is to have a marbled effect with the caramel topping). Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Just before you are ready to serve, sprinkle the remaining sliced Twix bars over the top of the dip. Next, drizzle the remaining caramel topping. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing for a super smooth and creamy dip.
- Don’t skip the chilling time. It’s important to make sure the dip has the proper texture before serving.