This deliciously easy gingerbread fudge is a fun mashup between sweet holiday fudge and warm spice-filled gingerbread cookies. Make this festive fudge for your family and friends to enjoy this Christmas—it also makes a great homemade edible gift! Who knew the best creamy fudge could be made so simply in the microwave? This totally delish and super quick recipe will show you how.
Ingredients for Gingerbread Fudge
You will need:
- 4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Seasonal nonpareils, optional
Substitutions and Additions
Sprinkles: We used nonpareils, which are tiny balls of sugar in different colors. They add a really pretty touch and color to the top of the gingerbread fudge as well as the perfect little crunch. But you can choose to use other sprinkles if you prefer.
Chocolate: The use of white chocolate is actually quite essential to the flavor and texture of this recipe, so we do not recommend substituting with dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
How to Make THIS Gingerbread Fudge RECIPE
STEP ONE: In a medium-sized heat-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Place in the microwave and heat for 25 seconds at a time, stirring well after each 25-second cooking interval.
STEP TWO: After the mixture is well combined and smooth, stir in the molasses.
PRO TIP: Molasses is a great ingredient to keep on hand in your pantry! It stays fresh for quite a while, can be used in many different recipes (like this one), and you can quickly make brown sugar in a pinch. Just mix 1 teaspoon of molasses into 1 cup of granulated sugar (or 2 teaspoons for dark brown sugar) and you have your own freshly homemade brown sugar!
STEP THREE: Add the spices and mix well.
STEP FOUR: Lightly spray an 8×8 square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; this prevents the fudge from sticking to the pan.
STEP FIVE: Pour fudge into the baking dish.
STEP SIX: Spread the fudge evenly in the pan. The easiest way to do this is with clean, slightly wet hands.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the seasonal nonpareils over the slightly damp fudge. Lightly pat down to set the nonpareils.
STEP EIGHT: Refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight
IN THE FRIDGE: Store your prepared gingerbread fudge in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
IN THE FREEZER: Place the fudge into an airtight container or zip-top freezer bags and freeze for up to three months. You may want to place a piece of parchment or waxed paper between each layer of fudge to prevent sticking.
This holiday season, treat yourself to a tray of homemade Easy Gingerbread Fudge! It’s so perfectly sweet and spiced with ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sweet molasses. With our incredibly simple microwave instructions, you’ll be enjoying this special fudge in practically no time.
More Recipe YOU’LL LOVE
- 4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- seasonal nonpareils optional
- In a medium sized heat safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Place in the microwave, and heat for 25 seconds at a time, stirring well after each 25 seconds. The chips and condensed milk mixture will be stiff half way through the heating, but will become smoother.
- After the mixture is a smoother texture, add the molasses and stir until the color of the mixture is a light brown.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Lightly spray a 8×8 square baking dish.
- Pour fudge into the baking dish.
- Evenly spread the fudge using slightly wet, clean hands.
- Spread the seasonal non-pareils over the slightly damp fudge. Lightly pat down to set the non-pareils.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.