October 27, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Is there anything better than enjoying a bite of this marshmallow fudge recipe? It’s sweet, gooey, and absolutely irresistible, and since it only needs four ingredients, you will be able to whip up a batch of this addictive treat in no time.
Marshmallow Fudge Ingredients
Marshmallow fudge is a unique and delicious treat with an incredible flavor. It has a creamy, dreamy texture coupled with marshmallow fluffiness that makes it absolutely irresistible.
The fudge is made from condensed milk and cream, which combine to make a yummy combination of smooth sweetness.
To make this fudge, you’ll need:
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 3½ cups of mini marshmallows
Make sure you buy condensed milk rather than evaporated milk. The evaporated milk is too runny for this recipe, and your fudge won’t harden.
Substitutions And Additions
NUTS: You can add chopped nuts to this easy fudge recipe for added texture.
FESTIVE: If you make the fudge for the holidays, you can add dried cranberries or cherries and pistachios for a touch of red and green.
SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Dark chocolate chips can be used in place of semi-sweet ones if you prefer a less sweet, more cocoa-forward flavor in your fudge.
For a creamier, sweeter variation, consider white chocolate chips.
Remember that different types of chocolate chips can slightly change the overall sweetness of your fudge.
How To Make This Marshmallow Fudge Recipe
Marshmallow fudge is a quick, tasty treat that can be enjoyed any time of year. Making it couldn’t be easier, especially with only four ingredients.
You’ll first melt the chocolate, milk, and cream in the microwave before mixing in the mini marshmallows. Pour into a pan and chill. That’s all there is to it!
Follow these easy steps for delicious fudge:
STEP ONE: Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for lifting the fudge out of the baking dish.
Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set it aside.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
The parchment paper makes cleaning up a snap and makes it much easier to remove from your pan when it’s time to slice into squares.
STEP TWO: Add the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream to a large microwave-safe bowl.
Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Allow the melted chocolate mixture to rest for one to two minutes.
STEP THREE: Stir in the miniature marshmallows.
STEP FOUR: Evenly spread the fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Chill the fudge in the refrigerator for two to three hours until set.
Score the top of the fudge with a sharp knife before chilling to make cutting easier.
STEP FIVE: Use the parchment paper overhang to lift the fudge out of the pan. Slice into twenty-four 1½-inch x 1½-inch squares.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
How To Serve This Easy Marshmallow Fudge
One of the best pairings for marshmallow fudge is an ooey-gooey brownie.
Chocolate chip cookies also make an excellent compliment to marshmallow fudge; these crisp treats will provide a pleasantly indulgent contrast to the creamy combination of chocolate and marshmallow.
This easy chocolate marshmallow fudge is the perfect treat to add to a homemade gift or holiday dessert tray.
Storing This Chocolate Fudge With Marshmallows
Storing this marshmallow fudge is a breeze, and it might even taste better after it’s been allowed to sit for a bit.
MAKE AHEAD: Good news for those of us who like to plan our treats in advance – marshmallow fudge can be made ahead of time!
Simply follow the recipe right through to spreading the mixture in your prepared pan.
Instead of cutting and serving immediately, cover the pan tightly with cling wrap and leave it at room temperature.
It will be ready to slice and enjoy within two to three hours, or you can leave it overnight.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftover fudge with marshmallows in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 14 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this easy marshmallow chocolate fudge for up to three months.
Wrap the fudge in waxed paper first, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and label the use-by date.
Place the wrapped fudge in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Allow the fudge to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
REHEATING: If you’ve stored your marshmallow fudge in the freezer, it’s best to allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight.
Let it come to room temperature on the counter for a little while before enjoying it.
If you’re in a hurry, though, you can give it a quick zap in the microwave.
Place the fudge on a microwave-safe plate and heat it on a low setting for 10-15 seconds.
Be careful not to overheat it, as the fudge can become too soft or even melt.
Once it’s warmed up, let it sit for a minute before sinking your teeth into that chewy, chocolaty goodness.
If you are freezing the homemade fudge, wrap the un-cut fudge in wax paper and then plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This can help keep the chocolate from slight crystallization from forming.
Why We Love This Recipe
DECADENT CHOCOLATE FLAVOR: This fudge is a chocolate lover’s dream, with an intense and indulgent cocoa flavor that satisfies even the most intense cravings.
CREAMY TEXTURE: The marshmallows in this recipe melt into the fudge, creating a lusciously creamy and smooth texture that melts in your mouth with each bite.
SIMPLE AND QUICK: Making this fudge is a breeze; it requires only a few basic ingredients and minimal effort. It’s perfect for when you need a last-minute dessert or a homemade gift in a hurry.
This creamy marshmallow fudge recipe is rich, decadent, and chocolatey. Loaded with lots of ooey-gooey marshmallows, you will love to bite into a square of this delightful confection.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
This delicious fudge does need to be refrigerated; otherwise, it will get too soft sitting on the counter.
To easily slice the fudge, dip a large sharp flat knife in boiling water, dry it completely, and cut one long slice (the heat will help the blade to glide through).
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Pretzels
- S’mores Hand Pie
- S’mores Dip
- Campfire Banana Boats
- Fruity Pebbles Treat
Marshmallow Fudge Recipe
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3½ cups miniature marshmallows
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for lifting the fudge out of the baking dish. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Add the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream to a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Allow the chocolate mixture to rest for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the miniature marshmallows.
- Evenly spread the fudge into the prepared baking dish. Chill the fudge in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until set.
- Use the parchment paper overhang to lift the fudge out of the pan. Slice into twenty-four 1½-inch x 1½-inch squares. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Make sure you buy condensed milk rather than evaporated milk. The evaporated milk is too runny for this recipe, and your fudge won’t harden.
- The parchment paper makes cleaning up a snap and makes it much easier to remove from your pan when it’s time to slice into squares.
- Score the top of the fudge with a sharp knife before chilling to make cutting easier.
- If you are freezing the homemade fudge, wrap the un-cut fudge in wax paper and then plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This can help keep the chocolate from slight crystallization from forming.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Fireball Fudge
- Maple Walnut Fudge
- Key Lime Fudge
- Monster Cookie Fudge
- Butterscotch Fudge
- Marshmallow Fluff Fudge
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
- Caramel Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge