October 10, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
There is something marvelous about combining chocolate and peanut butter, and this easy chocolate peanut butter fudge will prove it. With just two simple ingredients, you can whip up this creamy and decadent treat in minutes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Ingredients
This chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe is a blend of rich chocolate frosting and creamy peanut butter.
The chocolate frosting provides a sweet and velvety base, while the peanut butter adds nutty richness and a creamy texture.
- 16-ounce can of chocolate frosting
- 2½ cups of creamy peanut butter, divided into 2 cups and ½ cup
Use processed peanut butter instead of an all natural peanut butter – it will blend more smoothly with the frosting.
Substitutions And Additions
FROSTING: Use any kind of canned chocolate frosting for your peanut butter chocolate fudge.
MIX-INS: Add nuts, fruit, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups, or whatever other ingredients you’d like into the mixture.
PEANUT BUTTER: Add more texture to your sweet chocolate fudge by using crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth.
How To Make This Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Follow our step-by-step instructions to make this simple, two-ingredient fudge.
STEP ONE: Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Place frosting and two cups of peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
STEP THREE: Heat frosting/peanut butter for 30-second intervals at a time, stirring until melted and smooth to form the fudge mixture.
STEP FOUR: Spread about ⅓ of the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you are adding extra ingredients to your peanut butter and chocolate fudge, you could add them here so that they are layered in the middle of the fudge.
STEP FIVE: Drop the remaining ½ cup of peanut butter in ½ to 1 teaspoon spoonfuls over the fudge mixture.
STEP SIX: Spread the remaining fudge mixture over the peanut butter drops. Cover with plastic wrap and place fudge in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.
STEP SEVEN: Lift the fudge from the baking dish with the parchment paper and cut it into small squares.
This delicious fudge gets pretty soft at room temperature so store fudge in the refrigerator.
How To Serve Chocolate & Peanut Butter Fudge
Enjoy this sweet treat anytime you have a craving. These classic flavors combine so well together.
Wash your fudge down with a cold glass of milk or a refreshing glass of iced tea.
MORE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
Storing This Peanut Butter & Chocolate Fudge
If you can resist eating all of this fudge in one sitting, here’s how to store the rest.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store this easy chocolate fudge in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one month.
IN THE FREEZER: This fudge freezes well in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. It is best to separate the pieces of fudge with wax paper so they don’t stick together.
This two-ingredient chocolate peanut butter fudge is a delicious treat and I guarantee you that the hardest part will be waiting for it to chill in the fridge. It is amazing that it just takes chocolate frosting and peanut butter to make such a delectable treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy recipe works best with processed peanut butter. You could try something like WOW butter, but any nut butter that is all-natural may not turn out as well.
This chocolate fudge recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
The fudge does need to be refrigerated, otherwise, it will get too soft sitting on the counter.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy OREO Fudge
- Microwave Fudge
- No Bake Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars
- Chocolate Fudge
- No Bake Cookies with Peanut Butter
- Reece’s Pieces Fudge
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crazy Cake
- Cotton Candy Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rolo Fudge
- German Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Butterscotch Fudge
- Blueberry Fudge
- Nutter Butter Dessert
- Maple Walnut Fudge
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Strawberry Fudge
- Peanut Butter Lava Cookies
- Peanut Butter Dream Bars
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Key Lime Fudge
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- 2½ cups creamy peanut butter, divided into 2 cups and ½ cup
- Line an 8×8-inch square glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place frosting and 2 cups of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat frosting/peanut butter for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until melted and smooth to form the fudge mixture.
- Spread about ⅓ of the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Drop remaining ½ cup of peanut butter in ½ to 1 teaspoon spoonfuls over the fudge mixture.
- Spread remaining fudge mixture over the peanut butter drops. Place fudge in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Lift the fudge from the baking dish by the parchment paper and cut into pieces.
- Use processed peanut butter instead of an all natural peanut butter – it will blend more smoothly with the frosting.
- This delicious fudge gets pretty soft at room temperature so store fudge in the refrigerator.