June 10, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
There is something marvelous about combining chocolate and peanut butter and this easy chocolate peanut butter fudge will prove it. With just two simple ingredients, you can whip up this creamy and decadent treat in minutes.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE INGREDIENT
- 16-ounce can of chocolate frosting
- 2½ cups creamy peanut butter, divided
Use processed peanut butter instead of an all natural peanut butter – it will blend more smoothly with the frosting.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
FROSTING: Use any kind of canned chocolate frosting for your peanut butter chocolate fudge.
MIX-INS: Add nuts, fruit, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups or whatever other ingredients you’d like into the mixture.
PEANUT BUTTER: Add more texture to your sweet chocolate fudge by using crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE RECIPE
STEP ONE: Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Place frosting and 2 cups of peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
STEP THREE: Heat frosting/peanut butter for 30-second intervals at a time, stirring until melted and smooth to form the fudge mixture.
STEP FOUR: Spread about ⅓ of the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan.
If you are adding extra ingredients to your peanut butter and chocolate fudge, you could add them here so that they are layered in the middle of the fudge.
STEP FIVE: Drop remaining ½ cup of peanut butter in ½ to 1 teaspoon spoonfuls over the fudge mixture.
STEP SIX: Spread remaining fudge mixture over the peanut butter drops. Cover with plastic wrap and place fudge in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.
STEP SEVEN: Lift the fudge from the baking dish by the parchment paper and cut into small squares.
This delicious fudge gets pretty soft at room temperature so store fudge in the refrigerator.
HOW TO SERVE
Enjoy this sweet treat anytime you have a craving. These classic flavors combine so well together. Add this to a plate full of several different types of fudge including our eggnog fudge and rocky road fudge.
MORE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: Store this easy chocolate fudge in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
IN THE FREEZER: This fudge freezes well in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. It is best to separate the pieces of fudge with wax paper so they don’t stick together.
This two-ingredient fudge is a delicious treat and I guarantee you that the hardest part will be waiting for it to chill in the fridge. It is amazing that it just takes chocolate frosting and peanut butter to make such a delectable treat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe works best with a processed peanut butter. You could try something like WOW butter but any nut butters that are all natural may not turn out as well.
This chocolate fudge recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
The fudge does need to be refrigerated, otherwise it will get too soft sitting on the counter.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge
- Easy OREO Fudge
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Microwave Fudge
- No Bake Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- 2 ½ cups creamy peanut butter divided
- Line an 8×8-inch square glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place frosting and 2 cups of peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat frosting/peanut butter for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until melted and smooth to form the fudge mixture.
- Spread about ⅓ of the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Drop remaining ½ cup of peanut butter in ½ to 1 teaspoon spoonfuls over the fudge mixture.
- Spread remaining fudge mixture over the peanut butter drops. Place fudge in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Lift the fudge from the baking dish by the parchment paper and cut into pieces.