November 13, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Rich, creamy, and delicious, this homemade candy cane fudge is a Christmas favorite. You’ll only need four simple ingredients and ten minutes of prep to easily make this fun holiday treat from scratch.
Candy Cane Fudge Ingredients
This candy cane fudge is a festive delight that combines the cool, refreshing taste of peppermint candy canes with the sweet creaminess of white chocolate chips.
The candy canes provide a satisfying crunch and a pop of color, while the white chocolate chips and condensed milk create a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- 1½ cups of peppermint candy canes, chopped and divided into 1 cup and ½ cup
- 2 (10-ounce) packages of white chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
Substitutions And Additions
TOPPINGS: You could also add sprinkles or chocolate drizzle on top for an extra festive touch to this easy candy cane fudge.
PEPPERMINT CANDY CANES: If you want to switch up the candy cane flavor or don’t have peppermint candy canes on hand, consider using other flavored candy canes.
For a fruity twist, cherry or raspberry candy canes can add a unique sweetness.
Alternatively, experiment with cinnamon candy canes for a spicy kick that pairs well with the white chocolate.
PEPPERMINT EXTRACT: If you prefer a milder peppermint flavor or don’t have peppermint extract, consider using other extracts like vanilla or almond extract.
Vanilla extract will add a sweet and comforting aroma, while almond extract can infuse a delightful nutty essence.
How To Make This Candy Cane Fudge Recipe
With only four ingredients, this fudge will come together in no time following our instructions below.
This recipe would be an excellent choice for homemade holiday gifts. Double the batch and share it with your friends.
STEP ONE: Line a baking sheet or an 8×8 square pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
The aluminum foil allows you to easily remove the fudge from the square pan to slice.
STEP TWO: Place the candy canes in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
STEP THREE: In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk until almost melted and only a few little chips remain.
Stir the white chocolate mixture frequently. Remove from the heat and stir, and the rest of the chips will melt.
STEP FOUR: Stir in peppermint extract and one cup of chopped candy canes.
STEP FIVE: Immediately pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan.
STEP SIX: Sprinkle the remaining a half cup of chopped candy canes on top of the fudge. Make sure you gently press them slightly into the fudge.
STEP SEVEN: Refrigerate fudge until set for two to three hours, cut into squares, and serve!
To make it easier to cut this into small squares, score the top of the fudge before chilling.
How To Serve This White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Recipe
This fudge is perfect for last-minute edible gifts or to add to a dessert tray at holiday parties.
Whether you want to prepare it in advance, store leftovers, or simply enjoy it over time, here are some handy tips on how to store your fudge.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning ahead for a special occasion or simply want to get a head start on holiday treats, you can certainly make this fudge in advance.
Follow the recipe as usual, then allow the fudge to cool completely in the pan. Once it’s cooled, cut it into squares or desired shapes.
Next, layer the fudge pieces between sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container or a storage tin.
Store it in a cool, dry place at room temperature for up to a week. Making it ahead ensures you have a treat ready to go whenever you need it.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store candy cane white chocolate fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this easy peppermint fudge recipe in a covered container for up to three months.
Why We Love This Recipe
FESTIVE FLAVORS: This fudge captures the essence of the holiday season with its delightful combination of cool peppermint and sweet white chocolate.
EASY AND QUICK: With straightforward instructions and minimal prep time, this recipe is perfect for both novice and experienced bakers.
EYE-CATCHING PRESENTATION: The vibrant red and white swirls of crushed candy canes atop the smooth fudge create a visually stunning dessert.
Creamy and easy, this irresistible white chocolate peppermint fudge is the perfect sweet treat to indulge in this holiday season.
You’ll love how quick and easy it is to make from scratch with white chocolate and peppermint flavors. Ideal for snacking or gifting, this will become one of your family favorites.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy recipe may get too soft at room temperature. Keeping it cool in the fridge is the best option.
This easy fudge recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
This easy Christmas fudge recipe would work well with extra toppings, such as sprinkles or chocolate chips. Just make sure to add them before the fudge has set so that they will stick.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peanut Brittle
- Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Christmas Crunch
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Butterscotch Haystacks
Candy Cane Fudge
- 1½ cups candy canes, chopped
- 20 ounces white chocolate chips (10-ounce packages)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a baking sheet or an 8×8 casserole dish with foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the candy canes in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a medium-sized pan over low heat, melt the white chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk until almost melted and only a few little chips remain. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and stir, and the rest of the chips will melt.
- Stir in peppermint extract and 1 cup of the chopped candy canes.
- Immediately pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of chopped candy canes on top of the fudge and gently press slightly into the fudge.
- Refrigerate until set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut and serve.
- This recipe would be an excellent choice for homemade holiday gifts. Double the batch and share it with your friends.
- The aluminum foil allows you to easily remove the fudge from the square pan to slice.
- To make it easier to cut this into small squares, score the top before chilling.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Rolo Fudge
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge
- Marshmallow Fudge
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Tiger Fudge
- Candy Cane Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
- Blueberry Fudge
- Strawberry Fudge
- Candy Cane Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Cotton Candy Fudge
- Candy Cane Dessert
- White Chocolate Haystacks
- Candy Cane Cookies