Table of Contents
Rich, creamy, and delicious, this homemade candy cane fudge is a Christmas favorite. You’ll only need four simple ingredients and 10 minutes of prep to easily make this fun holiday treat from scratch.
CANDY CANE FUDGE INGREDIENTS
- 2 (10-ounce) packages of white chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1½ cups peppermint candy canes, chopped, divided
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
TOPPINGS: You could also add sprinkles or chocolate drizzle on top for an extra festive touch on this easy candy cane fudge.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CANDY CANE FUDGE RECIPE
This recipe would be an excellent choice for homemade holiday gifts. Double the batch and share it with your friends.
STEP ONE: Line a baking sheet or an 8×8 square pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
The aluminum foil allows you to easily remove the fudge from the square pan to slice.
STEP TWO: Place the candy canes in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
STEP THREE: In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt the white chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk until almost melted, and only a few little chips remain. Stir white chocolate mixture frequently. Remove from heat and stir and the rest of the chips will melt.
STEP FOUR: Stir in peppermint extract and 1 cup of the chopped candy canes.
STEP FIVE: Immediately pour fudge mixture into the prepared pan.
STEP SIX: Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of chopped candy canes on top of the fudge. Make sure you gently press slightly into the fudge.
STEP SEVEN: Refrigerate until set for 2 to 3 hours and cut into squares and serve!
To make it easier to cut this into small squares, score the top before chilling.
HOW TO SERVE
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store candy cane white chocolate fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this easy peppermint fudge recipe in a covered container for up to three months.
Creamy and easy, this irresistible white chocolate peppermint fudge is the perfect sweet treat to indulge in this holiday season. You’ll love how quick and easy it is to make from scratch with white chocolate and peppermint flavors. Ideal for snacking or gifting, this will become one of your family favorites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe may get too soft at room temperature. Keeping it cool in the fridge is the best option.
This easy fudge recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
This easy Christmas fudge recipe would work well with extra toppings, crushed candy canes, sprinkled or chocolate chips would be fun choices. Just make sure to add it before the fudge has set so that it will stick.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Peanut Brittle
- Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Christmas Crunch
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Butterscotch Haystacks
Candy Cane Fudge
- 20 ounces white chocolate chips (10-ounce packages)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (14-ounce cans)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ½ cups candy canes chopped
- Line a baking sheet with foil or an 8×8 casserole dish. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the candy canes in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a medium sized pan over low heat melt the white chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk until almost melted, a few little chips remain. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and stir and the rest of the chips will melt.
- Stir in peppermint extract and 1 cup of the chopped candy canes.
- Immediately pour into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of chopped candy canes on top of the fudge and gently press slightly into the fudge.
- Refrigerate until set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut and serve.