Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Candy Cane Kiss cookies are sweet, minty and delicious. The crispy texture of crushed candy canes goes great with the chewy cookie dough and the creaminess of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
These are the perfect cookies to make for your Christmas cookie exchange or to give as a gift. For more candy cane recipes to make at home this holiday season, take a look at our Candy Cane Pie and this easy Candy Cane Fudge.
ingredients for CANDY CANE KISS COOKIES
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 cup of crushed candy canes
- 28 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS
Baking Soda: If you don’t have this to hand, you could use a half teaspoon of baking powder instead.
Vanilla Extract: Don’t worry if you don’t have this. Just leave it out or use a teaspoon of maple syrup as a substitute.
Candy Canes: As an alternative to crushing candy canes, you could chop up some more Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
Cocoa Powder: To make a chocolate version of these candy cane kisses cookies, simply add a three-quarter cup of cocoa powder.
Sprinkles: If you want your cookies to look really festive, consider adding red and green sprinkles.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CANDY CANE KISS COOKIES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer beat together the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract for two to three minutes until fluffy.
STEP THREE: In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
STEP FOUR: Add the flour mixture, milk, and crushed candy canes to the wet ingredients. Beat for 30 seconds until just combined.
PRO TIP: Don’t over-mix the dough or your cookies will be flat.
STEP FIVE: Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out the dough for each cookie.
STEP SIX: Use your hands to roll each scoop into a one-inch ball. Place the balls on the cookie sheet, at least two inches apart.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the edges are light brown.
STEP EIGHT: Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for five minutes.
STEP NINE: Press an unwrapped Candy Cane Kiss into the centre of each cookie once cooled.
AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: Candy cane peppermint kiss cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze peppermint Hershey kiss cookies for up to a month. Store them in an airtight container and thaw overnight at room temperature.
These candy cane Hershey Kiss cookies are so cute and they taste just as good as they look! The cookies are soft and chewy, with a peppermint flavor and all the melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
More recipes You’ll Love
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 28 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract until fluffy. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Add flour mixture, milk, and candy canes to the wet ingredients and beat just until mixed. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Scoop dough into 1 tablespoon size cookies then use hands to roll each into a ball to smooth edges. Place cookies onto prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes until edges have lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes then press an unwrapped Kiss in the centre of each cookie.