December 13, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This bright, colorful and fun Christmas crunch is a great holiday treat. Popcorn is layered with sprinkles, candy, and pretzels. It has the perfect balance of sweet and salty for a tasty snack or to give as a delicious gift.
Christmas Crunch Ingredients
- 2 bags of popcorn made according to package directions (about 10 cups)
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup of white chocolate candy melts
- Mini M&M’s candy (red & green)
- Peanut M&M’s candy (red & green)
- Red and green sprinkles
- 1 cup of pretzels, broken in half
Substitutions And Additions
MIX-INS: You can add other ingredients to this sweet and salty snack mix, including white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or peanuts
M&M’s: If you can’t find the holiday M&M candy, any color will work in these Christmas treats.
POPCORN: You can also make air-popped popcorn if you prefer.
Creative Ways to Customize Christmas Popcorn
- Nutty Delight: Mix in almonds, walnuts, or pecans for a crunchy, nutty flavor.
- Fruity Twist: Add dried cranberries, cherries, or orange zest for a tangy taste.
- Chocolate Variety: Drizzle with white, dark, or milk chocolate.
- Candy Surprise: Top with crushed peppermint or candy canes.
This salty and sweet snack mix is easy to double and keeps well. Whip up a big batch for snacking or sharing throughout the Christmas season.
How To Make This Christmas Crunch Recipe
STEP ONE: Line an 11 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Pop popcorn according to the package instructions on the popcorn bag.
STEP THREE: Spread popped popcorn over the parchment paper and set it aside.
STEP FOUR: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add the mini marshmallows and white candy melts to the butter mixture.
Stir until melted and no lumps remain. Remove from the heat.
STEP FIVE: Pour ¾ of the butter mixture over the popcorn. Toss to coat.
STEP SIX: Pour the remaining butter mixture over the popcorn and sprinkle the mini M&M’s candy, peanut M&M’s candy, red and green sprinkles, and the broken pretzels over the butter mixture.
STEP SEVEN: Let the popcorn mixture cool completely before serving in a large bowl.
How To Serve
SERVE AT CHRISTMAS PARTIES: If you’re hosting a holiday party, pack small portions of Christmas Crunch in decorative bags as a take-home Christmas party favor for your guests.
You can also serve this snack mix in large bowls as a menu item. Its bright and colorful appearance will surely attract guests. They’ll love it alongside reindeer cupcakes, candy cane dessert or these creative Christmas cupcakes.
Our cranberry Christmas cocktail is a great holiday drink recipe, if you’re looking for an option with alcohol.
AS A GIFT IDEA: Christmas Crunch is a unique present that many will appreciate.
Package the Christmas crunch in cellophane bags, tie them with a gift tag and give them as edible gifts.
Alternatively, layer the Christmas Crunch in mason jars, alternating with different candies or colored sprinkles. Tie a ribbon around the jar and attach a label to personalize your gift.
SERVE AT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE NIGHT: Make your Christmas movie night special by serving Christmas Crunch as the main snack.
SERVE TO SANTA: Leave a bowl of Christmas crunch out for Santa Claus along with some milk. It’s a fun change from the traditional cookies.
Don’t forget to make our reindeer food for Santa’s reindeer.
Storing This Christmas Crunch Popcorn
ON THE COUNTER: If you happen to have leftovers of this tasty treat, store them in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat again.
You’ll want to keep it in a cool place so that the candies don’t melt.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this treat as the popcorn and pretzels may become soggy once thawed.
This crunchy, addicting Christmas crunch popcorn snack mix combines the best sweet and salty flavors into an irresistible treat that you’ll crave.
Quick and easy to make with a handful of simple ingredients, you’ll think the texture is amazing, and the decadent flavor is perfect for the holiday season!
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy recipe can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you prefer using air-popped popcorn, you can certainly substitute it for microwave popcorn.
You can be creative as to what you mix into your Christmas crunch. It’s a very flexible recipe and has plenty of room for extras.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- 2 bags popcorn, made per package directions (about 10 cups)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup white chocolate candy melts
- mini M&M’s candy (red and green)
- peanut M&M’s candy (red and green)
- red and green sprinkles
- 1 cup pretzels, broken in half
- Line an 11 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop the popcorn bags per package instructions.
- Spread popped popcorn over the parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the mini marshmallows and white chocolate to the butter mixture. Stir until melted and no lumps remain. Remove from heat.
- Pour ¾ of the butter mixture over the popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture over the popcorn and sprinkle the mini M&M’s candy, peanut M&M’s candy, sprinkles, and the broken pretzels over the butter mixture.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- This salty and sweet snack mix is easy to double and keeps well. Whip up a big batch for snacking or sharing throughout the Christmas season.
- You can also make air-popped popcorn if you prefer.