May 19, 2023Review Recipe
Oreo Peppermint Bark
Table of Contents
A simple twist on classic bark, this easy Oreo peppermint bark recipe is such a great treat that is easy to make and is packed with mint flavor. Creamy chocolate is layered with crushed Oreos and topped with mints before being broken into pieces.
Want more sweet treats for the holiday season? Check out our Oreo Pie and homemade turtles.
Oreo Peppermint Bark Ingredients
- 12 ounces good quality white chocolate baking bars, broken into small pieces
- 6 full-size candy canes, crushed
- ½ cup crushed Oreos (about 8-9 Oreos)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
FLAVOR: Add 2-3 drops of peppermint extract to this delicious treat for an extra peppermint flavor.
OREOS: This recipe calls for regular Oreo cookies but you could get fancy and try this candy bark recipe with other flavors of Oreos too.
How to Make this Oreo Peppermint Bark Recipe
STEP ONE: Melt chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. If using the double boiler, keep it on low heat. It should take about 8 minutes to melt.
If you are using the microwave, be sure to do it in short bursts so you can check on the chocolate. You don’t want to burn it!
STEP TWO: Place a silicone baking mat or wax paper over a cookie sheet and pour the melted chocolate onto the sheet.
STEP THREE: Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate evenly across the cookie sheet to form a 9×12-inch rectangle that is ¼-inch thick.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle crushed peppermint and Oreos on the chocolate. Depending on how full you like your bark, you may have extra crushed Oreos and peppermint.
You can crush the Oreos either in a food processor or in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Crush your candy canes into peppermint bits in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
STEP FIVE: Take a piece of wax paper and gently press the sprinkled candy cane pieces and Oreos into the chocolate.
Save any extras of the candy canes and crushed Oreos in a sealed bag and use them at a later time to make another bark.
STEP SIX: Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
STEP SEVEN: Break the chocolate into pieces.
How to Serve
Once the chocolate bark is in smaller pieces, you can serve it in bowls at holiday gatherings along with our original peppermint bark.
It would also be a great addition to little gift buckets filled with various candies, cookies, and treats for a cookie exchange or holiday gifts.
MORE CANDY RECIPES
Storing Christmas Bark
ON THE COUNTER/IN THE FRIDGE: Store this easy treat either at room temperature or in the fridge in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze this easy holiday treat in a sealed container for up to three months.
With just three simple ingredients, this peppermint Oreo bark is so pretty with the beautiful, bright red peppermints against the black and white Oreos and white chocolate. It’s perfect for entertaining or even as the perfect DIY holiday gift for Christmas. You can make it in batches for gifting to teachers or sharing at parties and potlucks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This simple recipe would work either with generic chocolate creme sandwich cookies, regular Oreos, or even a different flavor of sandwich cookies.
These delicious treats will keep well sealed in an airtight container for up to three months.
This bark has plenty of possibilities. While this traditional version is peppermint flavored, there are plenty of other candy cane flavors you could try out.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Candy Cane Fudge
- Christmas Pretzel Hugs
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Oreo Fudge
- Candy Cane Cupcakes
Oreo Peppermint Bark
- 12 ounces good quality white chocolate baking bars broken into small pieces
- 6 full-size candy canes crushed
- ½ cup crushed Oreos about 8 to 9 Oreos
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. If using the double boiler, keep it on low heat. It should take about 8 minutes to melt.
- Place a silicone baking mat or wax paper over a cookie sheet and pour the melted chocolate on to the sheet.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate evenly across the cookie sheet to form a 9×12-inch rectangle that is ¼-inch thick.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint and Oreos on the chocolate. Depending on how full you like your bark, you may have extra crushed oreos and peppermint. Save the extras in a sealed bag and use at a later time to make another bark.
- Take a piece wax paper and gently press the sprinkled peppermints and Oreos into the chocolate.
- Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Break the chocolate into pieces.
Toni Thomason says
WOW! This is incredible. Cannot keep enough of this on hand.
Sounds delicious and an adorable idea to gift my kids teachers!
What an easy, delicious classic – our whole family loves it!