Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
A Southern favorite, this one-pan lemon lush is so simple to make. A quick shortbread and pecan crust is baked for the first layer. Then no-bake layers of light and refreshing cheesecake, pudding, and Cool Whip finish this perfect dessert lasagna. Cut into squares and you’re ready to serve these dreamy bars.
ingredients for Lemon Lush
You will need:
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- Two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
FOR THE PUDDING
- Two 3.4-ounce boxes of instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk
FOR THE FROSTING
- 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- Garnish with grated lemon peel
How to Make this Lemon Lush recipe
If you’ve never made a dessert lasagna, you’re in for a delicious experience! This sunny favorite is one of the best I’ve tried. You’ll love the taste.
STEP ONE: Stir the crust ingredients together and then press by hand into a 9×13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
STEP TWO: Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, and let the crust cool while you work on the rest of the recipe.
STEP THREE: Cream the cream cheese and sugar together. Add lemon juice and lemon peel and mix.
STEP FOUR: Spread the cream cheese on top of the cooled crust.
STEP FIVE: Whisk together the pudding and milk until a thick yet pourable consistency.
STEP SIX: Immediately pour the pudding on top of cheesecake layer.
STEP SEVEN: Chill for at least one hour.
STEP EIGHT: Immediately pour the whipped topping on top of the cheesecake layer.
STEP NINE: Chill the entire dessert in the fridge for at least one hour.
STEP TEN: Before serving, top with Cool Whip and garnish with grated lemon peel.
STEP ELEVEN: Slice into bars and you’re ready to eat!
IN THE FRIDGE: If you have lemon lush leftovers, be sure to store them in the fridge in an airtight container.
Cool and creamy, this lemon lush is a bright and sunny citrus-flavored classic sweet treat you’ll love. I hope you’ll indulge in this light soon! Everyone loves this simple, traditional dessert lasagna that is packed with fresh lemon flavor.
More recipes you’ll love
- Banana Split Cake
- No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
- Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans crushed
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon peel grated
- 6.8 oz instant lemon pudding
- 3 cup milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- lemon peel grated
- Stir all the ingredients together and then press by hand into a 9×13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the crust cool.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together.
- Add lemon juice and lemon peel and mix.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust.
- Whisk together the pudding and milk until a thick yet pourable consistency.
- Immediately pour the pudding mixture on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Top with Cool Whip and garnish with grated lemon peel.