May 29, 2023Review Recipe
Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie
Table of Contents
This dreamy butterscotch Cool Whip pie is downright decadent with its smooth, creamy filling and rich, buttery graham cracker crust. Creamy pudding, velvety cream cheese, gooey marshmallow fluff, and whipped topping create the filling for this pie that is guaranteed to have your mouth watering.
Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie Ingredients
Butterscotch Cool Whip pie is just what you need. This magical pie is a symphony of creamy, dreamy butterscotch and light, fluffy Cool Whip. Every bite is a party in your mouth.
The pie’s sweetness is perfectly balanced with a hint of saltiness, making it truly irresistible. Your taste buds will be in heaven with each and every scrumptious bite.
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.9-ounce) box of instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (7-ounce) container of marshmallow fluff
- 1 (8-ounce) container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (9-ounce) premade graham cracker crust
- Whipped topping (optional garnish)
Substitutions And Additions
PIE CRUST: This delicious butterscotch pudding pie with Cool Whip has plenty of flexibility as to what crust you use. Chocolate crust, Oreo pie crust, graham cracker pie crust, or a regular homemade pie crust all work well in this no-bake pie recipe.
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you can’t get Cool Whip, you can use our whipped cream recipe to make your own for this decadent dessert.
PUDDING: Change the flavor of pudding in this easy dessert, and you can enjoy a different variety each time. Try strawberry Cool Whip pie, vanilla Cool Whip pie, or chocolate Cool Whip pie.
How To Make This Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie Recipe
Making this delectable pie involves mixing up a dreamy butterscotch pie filling and spreading it in a buttery graham cracker pie crust. Add a dollop of whipped topping, and you are ready to enjoy this treat.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving. You can most definitely make this a day before so that it is ready when you need it.
STEP ONE: Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a hand mixer on medium-high speed, beat the softened cream cheese for 1 to 1½ minutes until smooth.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to avoid lumps in the cream cheese mixture.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the instant pudding mix over the cream cheese and continue mixing for 1 more minute until well combined.
STEP THREE: Add the marshmallow fluff to the pudding mixture and continue mixing just until incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
STEP FIVE: Spread the Cool Whip pie filling into the premade graham cracker crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Slice into 8 servings and garnish the outer edges of the slices with whipped topping if you wish.
If you are transporting the pie, we recommend sitting the whole pie inside a glass or metal pie pan to give it more stability. You can also flip the plastic insert in the premade crust. This makes a perfect lid for the top of the pie.
How To Serve
Serve this rich and creamy butterscotch pie as part of your holiday meal, or simply anytime you have a butterscotch lover in your midst.
You could go with a classic vanilla ice cream to complement the creamy texture of the pie or perhaps whip up some homemade caramel sauce to double down on the decadent sweetness.
A warm mug of pumpkin spice latte or homemade hot chocolate to drink is always a classic choice to wash this treat down.
Add a few more no-bake desserts to your recipe box with our no-bake pumpkin pie and no-bake Snickers bar pie.
MORE COOL WHIP PIE RECIPES
Storing This Butterscotch Pie
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftover homemade butterscotch pie in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze the pie for up to 1 month. Use the plastic lid from the graham cracker crust to cover your pie.
Allow the pie to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before slicing, garnishing, and serving.
With a fluffy, cloud-like, rich texture, this butterscotch Cool Whip pie is everything you have been dreaming of. You only need 5-ingredients, a few minutes in the kitchen, and chill time before you have this fantastic dessert ready to enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This great recipe is best made ahead since it needs to chill in the fridge for about 8 hours before serving it.
If you would prefer to make your own cookie crust for your butterscotch dessert, you certainly can. Crush graham crackers or chocolate cookies in a food processor to give you 1½ cups of graham cracker crumbs before combining with 5 tablespoons of butter and baking at 300°F for 10 minutes.
This delicious recipe is very flexible. You can change up the flavor of the pie depending on the flavor of pudding you use.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Arkansas Possum Pie
- Mississippie Mud Pie
- French Silk Pie
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Buttermilk Pie
- Custard Pie
- Cream Puff Dessert
- Strawberry Pie
- Homemade Chocolate Pie
- Cream Horns
- Dole Whip
- Jello Pie
- Lemon Custard Pie
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Peach Fluff
- Cool Whip Pie
- Butterscotch Delight
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Creamsicle Pie
- Blackberry Pie Bars
- Crazy Crust Pie
- Apple Pie Recipe
- Pina Colada Fluff
- Millionaire Pie
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- Cool Whip Candy
- Key Lime Pie
- Peach Cool Whip Pie
- No Bake Raspberry Pie
- Cool Whip Cookies
Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3.9 ounces butterscotch pudding mix
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 9 ounces graham cracker crust
- Whipped topping, optional garnish
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a handheld mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese for 1 to 1½ minutes until smooth.
- Sprinkle the instant pudding mix over the cream cheese and continue mixing for 1 more minute until well combined.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and continue mixing just until incorporated.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Spread the Cool Whip mixture into the premade graham cracker crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Slice into 8 servings and garnish the outer edges of the slices with whipped topping if you wish.
- This recipe needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving. You can most definitely make this a day before so that it is ready when you need it.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to avoid lumps in the cream cheese mixture.
- If you are transporting the pie, we recommend sitting the whole pie inside a glass or metal pie pan to give it more stability. You can also flip the plastic insert in the premade crust. This makes a perfect lid for the top of the pie.
Leave a Comment