October 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This no bake pumpkin pie is a great twist on traditional pumpkin pie. It features a graham cracker crust filled with a velvety cream cheese layer that is topped with a creamy pumpkin layer and fluffy Cool Whip.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- 2 pre-made 9-inch graham cracker crusts
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers of Cool Whip or other whipped cream
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of canned (or homemade) pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure canned pumpkin purée and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
Substitutions And Additions
CRUST: Instead of using graham crackers for the crust, shake it up and try gingersnaps, Nilla wafers, Oreos, or a chocolate pie crust.
If you want to make your own graham cracker crust, you can make cracker crumbs in the food processor, press them into the pie plate, and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
WHIPPED CREAM: You could use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip if you prefer in this creamy pumpkin pie.
PUDDING: You could also switch up the pudding flavors and use cheesecake or pumpkin instead of vanilla in this great recipe.
How To Make This No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe
STEP ONE: Set out the graham cracker crusts so they’re ready for the filling.
STEP TWO: For the bottom layer, add cream cheese, sugar, and one 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip in a large mixing bowl, then blend well with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that it blends well and doesn’t leave lumps in your mixture.
STEP THREE: Fill your pre-made crusts evenly with this layer.
STEP FOUR: Mix the pudding and milk, then stir until thick.
STEP FIVE: Add 2 cups of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and cinnamon to the pudding and milk mixture. Stir until blended.
STEP SIX: Top the cream cheese layer with the pudding and pumpkin mixture.
STEP SEVEN: For the top layer, use the second 8-ounce container of Cool Whip to top the pies.
Sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top of the Cool Whip to add a little extra flavor.
STEP EIGHT: Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating so the pies have time to set completely.
As hard as it may be to wait, don’t skip the chilling stage as the pies need time to set.
How To Serve
Save oven space for the turkey with this easy pumpkin pie recipe. This no-bake pie will be delicious to make for Thanksgiving dinner alongside a warm mug of our homemade pumpkin spice latte.
Looking for more easy recipes and can’t get enough pumpkin spice? It doesn’t get any easier than this pumpkin dump cake that is ready to bake in just five minutes!
Also, try these pumpkin spice donuts. They’re easy to make and are baked, not fried.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store this no bake dessert covered in the fridge for two days.
MAKE-AHEAD: You can make this pie a day ahead of time, but It’s a good idea, though, to wait to add the whipped cream until you are ready to serve.
This is the easiest no bake pumpkin pie recipe around and is a great alternative instead of a classic pumpkin pie. With a crunchy cracker crust, pumpkin filling, and a cream layer on top, it will be perfect to whip up on Thanksgiving day.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re making a graham cracker crust from scratch, you should bake it for 10 minutes at 350°F before proceeding with the no-bake pumpkin pie recipe.
You can freeze this pie, but we would recommend leaving off the whipped topping until you are ready to serve.
You could use vanilla sandwich cookies, Nilla wafers, or Oreo cookies for this recipe.
More Recipes You’ll Love
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 pre-made graham cracker crusts
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Add cream cheese, sugar, and one 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip in a bowl and blend well with a hand mixer.
- Fill your pre-made crusts evenly with this mix.
- Mix pudding and milk and stir until thick.
- Add 2 cups canned pumpkin puree.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir until blended.
- Pour on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Top evenly with Cool Whip and sprinkle with spices.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating so pie has time to set completely.
- Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure canned pumpkin purée and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that it blends well and doesn’t leave lumps in your mixture.
- Sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top of the Cool Whip to add a little extra flavor.
- As hard as it may be to wait, don’t skip the chilling stage as the pie needs time to set.