October 23, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- What Is Blue Cookie Monster Ice Cream?
- Blue Cookie Monster Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream Flavor Substitutions And Additions
- How To Make This Blue Cookie Monster Ice Cream Recipe
- How To Serve
- Blue Monster Ice Cream Storage
- Why We Love This Recipe
- Blue Monster Ice Cream FAQ
- More Recipes You’ll Love
- JUMP TO RECIPE
- More Favorites You’ll Love
Homemade Cookie Monster ice cream is creamy ice cream loaded with crunchy Oreos and chocolate chip cookies. You don’t need an ice cream machine to make this simple no-churn recipe — the ice cream freezes overnight in a loaf pan, making it an easy and fun treat!
What Is Blue Cookie Monster Ice Cream?
Cookie Monster ice cream is a creamy frozen treat packed with pieces of two different kinds of crunchy cookies and is the same vibrant color as everyone’s favorite, cookie-loving muppet.
Blue Cookie Monster Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
This vibrant blue Cookie Monster ice cream recipe offers an indulgent treat, thanks to whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract for added richness.
What truly sets it apart are the delightful cookie mix-ins, which provide bursts of chocolatey and buttery goodness, making it a playful and flavorful dessert reminiscent of the beloved cookie-loving monster.
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 10-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Blue food coloring
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, optional
- 10 Mini Oreos
- 10 Mini Chips Ahoy
Cookie Monster Ice Cream Flavor Substitutions And Additions
COOKIES: Get creative with the cookies that you add to the ice cream.
Cookie Monster’s favorite chocolate chip cookies are essential, but feel free to add your favorites. You can even add our eggless edible cookie dough.
Adding crunchy cookies is a must to this recipe, as they hold up beautifully in the ice cream!
MARSHMALLOW: You could add swirls of marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows to this as well.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Add in some mini chocolate chips for an even more irresistible chocolate flavor.
COOKIES: Want even more yumminess? Use full-size Oreos and Chips Ahoy to really load up the flavor! You could also use Double Stuf Oreos in this recipe.
How To Make This Blue Cookie Monster Ice Cream Recipe
The beauty of this ice cream is that you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it, just a bowl and an electric mixer. Let’s get started.
STEP ONE: Use a stand mixer, hand mixer with a wire whisk attachment, or a wire whisk to whip the whipping cream until frothy peaks form. Set aside.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Freeze the bowl and whisk for a few minutes before whipping the cream. Cream whips best when it is cold, so using cold cream along with cold utensils will give you the best volume.
STEP TWO: Color the sweetened condensed milk with blue food coloring, adding a few drops at a time until it reaches the right shade of bright blue.
If you are using vanilla extract, add it in this step.
STEP THREE: Slowly pour the colored sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream and mix gently until just combined.
If necessary, add a few more drops of food coloring.
STEP FOUR: Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and gently press in the cookies.
STEP FIVE: Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least five hours or overnight.
STEP SIX: Serve with extra Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy.
How To Serve
Take your ice cream game up a notch by sandwiching a generous scoop of Cookie Monster ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies.
Blend a few scoops of blue ice cream with milk for a thick and indulgent milkshake.
Continue the Cookie Monster theme with these darling cookie monster cupcakes.
And if you love easy no-churn ice cream recipes, no-churn vanilla ice cream is a classic that you can mix any flavor into.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
Blue Monster Ice Cream Storage
Whether you want to make it ahead for a special occasion or have leftovers to enjoy later, here’s the scoop on storing your ice cream.
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare your Cookie Monster ice cream in advance. Once it’s mixed and ready to freeze, transfer it to an airtight container.
Press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming. Then, seal the container tightly with a lid.
Store it in the freezer for up to two weeks.
IN THE FRIDGE: Do not refrigerate the finished recipe.
IN THE FREEZER: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
Why We Love This Recipe
FUN AND PLAYFUL: The vibrant blue color and the addition of Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy cookies make this ice cream a visually delightful and playful treat.
CREAMY INDULGENCE: The combination of whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk results in a luxuriously creamy and velvety ice cream base that’s incredibly satisfying and indulgent.
COOKIE CRUNCH GALORE: The inclusion of both Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy cookies adds layers of texture and flavor to every bite, creating a delightful contrast between the creamy ice cream and the cookies.
This bright blue homemade Cookie Monster ice cream is the perfect dessert for a Sesame Street-themed party or any time you want to bring some fun to the table. Since it’s no-churn, it’s easy to whip up this creamy, crunchy, cookie treat anytime.
Blue Monster Ice Cream FAQ
Blue monster ice cream is vanilla-flavored ice cream mixed with crunchy cookies and dyed bright blue.
Cookie Monster ice cream tends to be vanilla-flavored, but you could easily change it up by adding mint extract to make it mint-flavored instead.
Cookie Monster ice cream is vanilla-flavored ice cream that has been colored blue.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Cookie Monster Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- blue food coloring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
- 10 mini Oreos
- 10 mini Chips Ahoy
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for up to 10 minutes, until you have frothy peaks.
- Add blue food coloring to the sweetened condensed milk one drop at a time, until you reach Cookie Monster blue. You may need to adjust the final mixture, but it's best to get as close as possible to the color you want now.
- Slowly pour the blue, sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream, being careful not to over mix. Now is the time to add extra food coloring if needed.
- Transfer the milk and cream mixture into a standard-sized loaf pan. Gently insert Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy throughout.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a lid then and freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve with extra Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy.
- Adding crunchy cookies is a must to this recipe, as they hold up beautifully in the ice cream!
- Freeze the bowl and whisk for a few minutes before whipping the cream. Cream whips best when it is cold, so using cold cream along with cold utensils will give you the best volume.