March 23, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Homemade Cookie Monster ice cream is creamy ice cream loaded with crunchy Oreos and chocolate chip cookies. You don’t need an ice cream machine to make this simple no-churn recipe — the ice cream freezes overnight in a loaf pan, making it an easy and fun treat!
Continue the Cookie Monster theme with these darling Cookie Monster Cupcakes. And if you love easy no-churn ice cream recipes, No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream is a classic that you can mix any flavor into.
COOKIE MONSTER ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 10 Mini Oreos
- 10 Mini Chips Ahoy
- Blue food coloring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
COOKIES: Get creative with the cookies that you add to the ice cream. Cookie Monster’s favorite chocolate chip cookies are essential, but feel free to add your favorites. You can even add our eggless Edible Cookie Dough.
PRO TIP: Adding crunchy cookies is a must to this recipe, as they hold up beautifully in the ice cream!
MARSHMALLOW: You could add swirls of marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows to this as well.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Add in some mini chocolate chips for even more irresistible chocolate flavor.
Want even more yumminess? Use full-size Oreos and Chips Ahoy to really load up the flavor! You could also use Double Stuf Oreos in this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE THIS COOKIE MONSTER ICE CREAM RECIPE
STEP ONE: Using a stand mixer, hand mixer with wire whisk attachment, or a wire whisk to whip the whipping cream until frothy peaks form. Set aside.
PRO TIP: Freeze the bowl and whisk for a few minutes before whipping the cream. Cream whips best when it is cold, so using cold cream along with cold utensils will give you the best volume.
STEP TWO: Color the sweetened condensed milk with blue food coloring, adding a few drops at a time until it reaches the right shade of bright blue. If you are using vanilla extract, add it in this step.
STEP THREE: Slowly pour the colored sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream and mix gently until just combined. If necessary, add a few more drops of food coloring.
STEP FOUR: Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, and gently press in the cookies.
STEP FIVE: Cover with plastic wrap freeze for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
STEP SIX: Serve with extra Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy.
IN THE FRIDGE: Do not refrigerate the finished recipe.
IN THE FREEZER: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
This bright blue homemade Cookie Monster ice cream is the perfect dessert for a Sesame Street themed party, or any time you want to bring some fun to the table. Since it’s no-churn, it’s easy to whip up this creamy, crunchy, cookie treat anytime.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 10 mini Oreos
- 10 mini Chips Ahoy
- blue food coloring
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract optional
- In a large bowl whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for up to 10 minutes, until you have frothy peaks.
- Add blue food coloring to the sweetened condensed milk one drop at a time, until you reach Cookie Monster blue. You may need to adjust the final mixture, but it's best to get as close as possible to the color you want now.
- Slowly pour the blue, sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream, being careful not to over mix. Now is the time to add extra food coloring if needed.
- Transfer the milk and cream mixture into a standard-sized loaf pan. Gently insert Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy throughout.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a lid then and freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve with extra Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoy.