Grab our exclusive Lazy Cooking Bundle, 60% off now!
This pineapple delight features a buttery graham cracker crust, a layer of smooth cream cheese filling and a fluffy whipped cream and pineapple topping. The tropical flavors of the dreamy pineapple filling make this such a refreshing dessert. It’s perfect at a potluck or backyard barbecue — or any night of the week.
PINEAPPLE DELIGHT INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 1¾ cups of graham crackers, crushed (plus 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 8-ounce container of Cool Whip
- 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained
PRO TIP: If you can’t find crushed graham crackers, you can crush them yourself by placing them into a Ziploc and a rolling pin.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you cannot find a container of Cool Whip or prefer to make your own, try our homemade whipped cream recipe.
GRAHAM CRACKERS: If you want a different flavor for the base, try crushed vanilla wafers in place of the graham crumbs.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PINEAPPLE DELIGHT RECIPE
PRO TIP: It’s highly recommended to make this dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: In a small bowl combine the 1¾ cups graham cracker crumbs, 8 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
STEP TWO: Lightly spray an 8×8-inch baking pan (metal or glass is fine). Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
STEP THREE: Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely.
PRO TIP: Make sure that your crust is completely cool before going on to your second layer. It’s important that the crust is cooled so that the following layers set properly on top of it.
STEP FOUR: Using either a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, cream together the softened butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
PRO TIP: Make sure your butter and cream cheese are at room temperature so that they blend completely and don’t leave lumps in this layer.
STEP FIVE: Carefully add the powdered sugar a ½ cup at a time. Mix until the cream cheese mixture is smooth.
STEP SIX: Evenly spread the cream cheese filling over the completely cooled crust.
STEP SEVEN: Using the same bowl as the one used for the filling, gently fold the pineapple into the whipped topping.
STEP EIGHT: Gently spread over the top of the cream cheese layer.
STEP NINE: Add the additional 1 tablespoon of crushed graham crackers to the top as garnish.
STEP TEN: Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for 4 hours to ensure the dessert is properly set.
HOW TO SERVE
Make this pineapple dream delight for a potluck or a picnic. It is so easy to whip up, you really don’t need any particular reason at all to serve this. If you want to go all out and add even more decadence, add a scoop of no-churn vanilla ice cream to your plate.
IN THE FRIDGE: Keep this delightful dessert refrigerated until serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
IN THE FREEZER: This pineapple delight recipe freezes well. You should place your dessert uncovered in the freezer until solid. Then, you can cover it and return it to the freezer for up to a month before defrosting it in the refrigerator.
A creamy, dreamy whipped cream and sweet pineapple topping, a velvety cream cheese center, and a crunchy graham cracker crust, what more could you ask for? This Hawaiian pineapple delight dessert is an excellent choice to whip up anytime.
You can freeze this fluffy dessert for up to a month. Cover in plastic wrap before freezing. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
This recipe is ALMOST a no-bake dessert. You just have to bake the crust before adding the other layers.
Yes! This great recipe goes by many names, including pineapple lush, pineapple dream and pineapple lasagna.
MORE DESSERTS YOU’LL LOVE
- No Bake Strawberry Jello Pie
- Hawaiian Wedding Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Oreo Pie
- Lemon Lush
- 1¾ cup graham crackers crushed (plus 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 9 tablespoons butter melted
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in heavy syrup drained
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray an 8×8-inch baking dish (metal or glass is fine).
- In a small bowl combine the 1¾ cups of crushed graham crackers, 8 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Press the graham cracker mixture in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the crust to completely cool.
- Using either a stand mixer or a handheld mixer, cream together the softened butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. Carefully add the powdered sugar a ½ cup at a time. Mix until the cream cheese mixture is smooth.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese filling over the completely cooled crust.
- Using the same bowl as the one used for the filling, gently fold the pineapple into the whipped topping.
- Gently spread the whipped topping over the cream cheese layer.
- Add the additional 1 tablespoon of crushed graham crackers to the top as garnish.
- Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for 4 hours to ensure the dessert is properly set.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.