October 23, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This easy strawberry delight dessert has five layers of deliciousness with a graham cracker base, fresh strawberries, cream cheese, strawberry cheesecake, and a Cool Whip topping. This is definitely a creamy, no-bake treat that you don’t want to miss.
Strawberry Delight Ingredients
With its perfect balance of sweet and tart, this refreshing dessert is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
The luscious taste of ripe strawberries is enhanced by a creamy filling enveloped in a flaky, buttery crust. The texture is smooth and velvety, making each bite melt in your mouth.
For The Crust Layer:
- 5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
For The Strawberry Layer:
- 10 strawberries, sliced (or enough to make a single layer over the graham crackers)
For The Cheesecake Layer:
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, chilled
For The Strawberry Cheesecake Layer:
- ½ of the cheesecake mix from layer three
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry gelatin
For The Whipped Topping:
- 8 ounces of Cool Whip
Substitutions And Additions
COOL WHIP: If Cool Whip isn’t available where you live, you could make your own stabilized whipped cream. Check out our own recipe for homemade whipped cream.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS: You can use store-bought crumbs or bash up your own with a rolling pin or food processor for this easy graham cracker crust. If graham crackers aren’t available in your country, the nearest thing to use would be digestive biscuits.
How To Make This Strawberry Delight Recipe
To make this delightful dessert, follow our directions to create layers of graham cracker crust, cheesecake, strawberries, and whipped cream.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
It’s highly recommended to make this delicious dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: Chill a medium and a large mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
To avoid everything melting while you work, be sure to chill the dish before you start and place it back into the refrigerator between layers where possible.
For The Crust Layer
STEP TWO: Melt the butter and pour it into a medium mixing bowl along with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and almond extract. Stir to combine.
STEP THREE: Transfer the crust mixture to an 8×8-inch dish. Use the bottom of a glass to press the mixture evenly across the surface. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
For The Strawberry Layer
STEP FOUR: Slice ten strawberries and lay them evenly on top of the frozen crust. Put the dish into the fridge while you work on the next layer.
For The Cream Cheese Layer
STEP FIVE: In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice until it’s light and fluffy with no lumps. Set aside.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t end up with lumps in your cream cheese filling.
STEP SIX: In a chilled medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on high speed to beat the heavy whipping cream for about five minutes until stiff peaks form.
STEP SEVEN: Add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold it together with a rubber spatula.
STEP EIGHT: Spoon half of the cream cheese and heavy cream mixture on top of the strawberries in your baking dish. Set the other half of the mixture aside. Place the baking dish back in the refrigerator while you are preparing the next layer.
For The Strawberry Cheesecake Layer
STEP NINE: Take the remaining cream cheese and heavy whipping cream mixture and sprinkle the 3 tablespoons of dry strawberry gelatin over the top of the bowl. Use the rubber spatula to gently fold it into the mix until it’s completely combined and one solid color with no streaks.
STEP TEN: Spoon the mixture on top of the cheesecake layer.
For The Whipped Topping
STEP ELEVEN: Spread the Cool Whip on top as the last layer.
Add extra sliced strawberries and graham cracker crumbs on the top to make this dessert look extra pretty.
STEP TWELVE: Chill for at least one hour before serving.
How To Serve This No-Bake Strawberry Dessert
Make this delightful strawberry treat for a potluck or barbecue. For a bit of extra indulgence, add a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream on the side and a drizzle of strawberry syrup on top.
If you’re in the mood for something a little more refreshing, a simple fruit salad with peaches, kiwis, and mangoes can be a great addition, adding a tartness that balances out the sweet strawberries.
Storing This Easy Strawberry Delight Recipe
From making ahead to refrigeration and freezing options, we’ve got you covered with these handy storage tips.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re looking to get a head start on your preparations, you can definitely make this strawberry delight ahead of time. Simply follow the recipe instructions, assemble the dessert in its entirety, and then cover it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
Store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. It’s best to consume the dessert within 24 hours of assembling it for optimal taste and texture.
IN THE FRIDGE: Strawberry delight dessert should be refrigerated for at least an hour after making it before you dig in. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Cool Whip strawberry delight freezes well. You should place your dessert uncovered in the freezer until solid. Then, you can cover it with plastic wrap and return it to the freezer for up to a month before defrosting it in the refrigerator.
We believe that this recipe will create the best strawberry delight cake around. The crunchy base, sweet strawberry flavor, creamy filling, and swirl of Cool Whip topping all complement each other perfectly to create an incredible dessert that’s sure to please a crowd.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You could use Nilla wafers or digestive biscuits in place of the graham cracker crust for this recipe.
You can freeze this fluffy dessert for up to a month. Cover in plastic wrap before freezing. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Yes! This great recipe goes by many names, including strawberry lush, strawberry dream, and strawberry lasagna.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Vanilla Trifle
- Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cubes
- Blueberry Delight
- S’mores Lasagna
- Pineapple Delight
- S’mores Hand Pie
- Strawberry Trifle
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake
- Butterscotch Delight
- Bailey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- Birthday Cake Delight
- Banana Delight
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad
- Chocolate Delight
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Cookies
- Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- Strawberry Curd
- Strawberry Roll Cake
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Mousse
- Lemon Blondies
- Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry Sheet Cake Cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, some extra crumbs for garnish if desired
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 strawberries, sliced (or enough to make a single layer over the graham crackers)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (two 8-ounce blocks)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup cold whipping cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin (used from a 3.4-ounce box)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, almond extract, and melted butter.
- Press the mixture into an 8×8-inch dish. Flatten the mixture using the bottom of a flat glass. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Layer the sliced strawberries evenly on top of the frozen crust. Place the dish into the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the dish.
Cream Cheese Layer
- In a large mixing bowl, place the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Using a hand mixer, combine until light and fluffy with no lumps. Set aside.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl, place the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer on high beat the cream until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Gently add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold it together with a rubber spatula. Once combined, spoon half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture on top of the strawberries in the dish.
- Set the other half of the mixture aside.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator while preparing the next step.
Strawberry Cheesecake Layer
- In the bowl with the remaining cream cheese/whipping cream mixture, add the 3 tablespoons of dry strawberry gelatin. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the dry strawberry gelatin until combined and solid in color.
- Spoon the mixture on the top of the dish.
Whipped Topping Layer
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the dish as the last layer.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and graham cracker crumbs if desired.
- It’s highly recommended to make this delicious dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
- To avoid everything melting while you work, be sure to chill the dish before you start and place it back into the refrigerator between layers where possible.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t end up with lumps in your cream cheese filling.