August 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This Bailey’s and coffee ice cubes recipe makes the perfect after-dinner drink all year round. Simply freeze coffee into ice cubes and pour over Bailey’s Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, and half-and-half to create a deliciously creamy cocktail.
Bailey’s And Coffee Ice Cubes Ingredients
- 2 cups of brewed coffee
- 2 ounces of Bailey’s Original Irish Cream
- 2 ounces of vanilla vodka
- 6 ounces of half-and-half
Prefer to avoid caffeine? Decaf coffee will work fine for this recipe.
Substitutions And Additions
BAILEY’S: There are many other brands of Irish Cream Liqueur that will work just as well as Bailey’s. Try Saint Brendan’s, Five Farms, Carolans, or Ryan’s.
VANILLA VODKA: If you don’t have vanilla vodka, you can use regular vodka and a teaspoon of vanilla flavoring.
HALF-AND-HALF: This is simply an equal-part combination of whole milk and heavy cream. If you don’t have a carton of half-and-half on hand, you could just use milk and cream.
CHOCOLATE SYRUP: Squirt this around the inside of your glass first for a pretty look and yummy chocolate flavor.
How To Make This Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cubes Recipe
STEP ONE: Make two cups of black coffee and leave to cool.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Leave your coffee to cool before attempting to pour it into the ice cube trays to avoid injuring yourself.
STEP TWO: Pour the cold coffee into ice cube trays and place them into the freezer for three to four hours until frozen.
Invest in a fancy ice cube tray that makes ice in the shape of stars or hearts to make this drink look extra amazing.
STEP THREE: Place the coffee ice cubes into two cocktail glasses.
STEP FOUR: Pour an ounce of Bailey’s and an ounce of vanilla vodka over the ice in each glass.
Chill your Bailey’s and your vodka in the fridge before pouring for a lovely cold drink.
STEP FIVE: Add three ounces of half and half to each glass.
Want a boozier drink? Reduce the amount of half-and-half, or you could even leave it out altogether!
STEP SIX: Stir and serve.
How To Serve
For an extra fancy drink, add a spoonful of whipped cream to the top of your Bailey’s. At your next dinner party, make this your signature party drink for your adult guests.
IN THE FRIDGE: Once you’ve poured your Bailey’s and coffee ice cubes drink, you should drink it straight away, before the ice melts.
IN THE FREEZER: A coffee ice cube tray can be stored in the freezer for about two weeks. After that, the cubes will start to sublimate and shrink, but they will still be safe to use. To keep your coffee ice cubes for longer, place the ice cube tray into a Ziploc bag once they are frozen solid.
Bailey’s and coffee are a classic combination as a cold drink as well as a hot one. Once you’ve tried adding coffee ice cubes to your cold Bailey’s, you may have a new favorite alcoholic beverage. As the ice melts, the coffee slowly infuses into your drink, creating beautiful dark swirls that taste fantastic.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several uses for coffee ice cubes. They are often used in iced coffee to prevent it from becoming watered down as the ice melts. Another great use for coffee ice cubes is to add them to drinks such as Bailey’s. This works on the same principle. As they melt, your Bailey’s won’t become watery, it will have a lovely coffee flavor!
Any small cocktail glass is the right size for this drink. Lowball glasses are a great choice.
Any flavor of Bailey’s would be delicious for this recipe! There are so many tasty variations on the original Bailey’s now that you could have a fun time trying out new flavor combinations.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Homemade Turtle Chocolates
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cracker Toffee
- Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Mudslide Drink
- Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
- Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Iced Tea
- Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- Paralyzer Drink
- Mimosa Float
- White Claw Slushie
- Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Drunken Dalgona
- Strawberry Mojito
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Pink Drink Recipe
- Rainbow Drink
- Drunk Bunny
- Dirty Snowmen
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Iced Mocha
Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cubes
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 2 ounces Bailey's
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 6 ounces half-and-half
- Make two cups of black coffee and leave to cool.
- Pour the cold coffee into ice cube trays and place into the freezer for three to four hours until frozen.
- Place the coffee ice cubes into two cocktail glasses.
- Pour an ounce of Bailey's and an ounce of vanilla vodka over the ice in each glass.
- Add three ounces of half and half milk to each glass.
- Stir and serve.
- Prefer to avoid caffeine? Decaf coffee will work fine for this recipe.
- Leave your coffee to cool before attempting to pour it into the ice cube trays to avoid injuring yourself.
- Invest in a fancy ice cube tray that makes ice in the shape of stars or hearts to make this drink look extra amazing.
- Chill your Bailey’s and your vodka in the fridge before pouring for a lovely cold drink.
- Want a boozier drink? Reduce the amount of half-and-half or you could even leave it out altogether!