September 28, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
A paralyzer drink may be just what the party doctor ordered! This concoction combines a tasty blend of vodka, coffee liqueur, Coca-Cola, and cream to create an irresistible cocktail you won’t soon forget.
Paralyzer Drink Ingredients
The paralyzer is a decadent mix of creamy Kahlua, smooth vodka, and a splash of cola. Its rich and creamy taste makes it a perfect after-dinner treat or a nightcap to be enjoyed with friends.
- ½ cup of ice cubes
- 1 ounce of Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce of whipped cream vodka (Smirnoff brand)
- 4 ounces of Coca-Cola original
- 1 ounce of heavy cream
- 1 maraschino cherry with stem for garnish
Substitutions And Additions
VODKA: If whipped cream vodka is hard to find in your local liquor store, you can substitute it with vanilla vodka or even a good-quality plain vodka. The whipped cream vodka adds a wonderful sweetness that plain vodka will not.
CREAM: If you prefer a lighter cream, you can certainly use half & half in its place of the heavy cream. However, I really like the richness the heavy cream lends to this cocktail.
COCA-COLA: You can double this recipe and use one of the 7.5-ounce mini Coca-Cola cans split between the two drinks. I like to keep these mini cans stocked in my pantry or liquor cabinet for making delicious cocktails. This way, I do not need to open a large can and waste the excess.
How To Make This Paralyzer Drink Recipe
This drink easily comes together in a highball glass and is ready to be shared and enjoyed within minutes.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe makes a single drink but can easily be doubled or tripled to serve more people.
STEP ONE: Place the ice cubes into an 11-ounce highball glass.
STEP TWO: Add the Kahlua coffee liqueur, whipped cream vodka, Coca-Cola original, and heavy cream to the glass.
STEP THREE: Gently stir with a straw, or long stirrer, just to blend in the heavy cream while keeping the gradient-layered look of the cocktail.
STEP FOUR: Garnish with the stemmed maraschino cherry on top.
This paralyzer drink should be served immediately. You can stir it up completely if desired, but I like the look of the layers for serving.
How To Serve
No need to make this drink ahead of time and store it. It will only take a couple of minutes to mix it up.
IN THE FRIDGE: This fun cocktail needs to be enjoyed immediately. It won’t keep for any length of time in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this paralyzer cocktail. It is best made fresh.
Whether it’s a celebration or a low-key night with friends, the paralyzer drink is always a surefire hit amongst partygoers of all ages. The combination of coffee, Coca-Cola, and whipped cream flavors come together to make this creamy cocktail a must-try beverage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any tall glass would work fine for this vodka paralyzer recipe. A highball glass, sometimes called a Collins glass, would be a classic choice.
This vodka cocktail is best enjoyed right away.
If you only have diet soda on hand, you can use it, although it may slightly alter the flavor of the drink.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pink Drink (Starbucks Copycat)
- Pineapple Cooler
- Pina Colada
- Peach Margaritas
- Orange Julius
- Texas Tea
- Boozy Dole Whip
- Hard Lemonade
- Sex on the Beach Drink
- Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
- Campfire Cocktail
- Amaretto Sour
- Kool Aid Slurpee
- Rainbow Cocktail
- Vodka Sour
- Boozy Popsicles
- Mudslide Drink
- Wine Slushies
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Iced Mocha
- Strawberry Frosty
- Pink Flamingo Drink
- Limoncello Spritz
- Creamsicle Jello Shot
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 ounce Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce whipped cream vodka, Smirnoff brand
- 4 ounces Coca-Cola original
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 maraschino cherry with stem, for garnish
- Place the ice cubes into an 11-ounce highball glass.
- Add the Kahlua coffee liqueur, whipped cream vodka, Coca-Cola original, and heavy cream to the glass.
- Gently stir with a straw, or long stirrer, just to blend in the heavy cream while keeping the gradient-layered look of the cocktail.
- Garnish with the stemmed maraschino cherry on top.
- This recipe makes a single drink but can easily be doubled or tripled to serve more people.
- This paralyzer drink should be served immediately. You can stir it up completely if desired, but I like the look of the layers for serving.