Last updated on
Table of Contents
This easy Iced Caramel Macchiato coffee is a sinfully indulgent treat on a hot day. Your favorite coffee is blended with a sweet caramel syrup, poured over ice, and topped with a velvety caramel drizzle — a game-changer to your morning java habit or afternoon pick-me-up.
ICED CARAMEL MACCHIATO INGREDIENTS
You will need:
FOR THE CARAMEL MACCHIATO SYRUP
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
FOR THE MACCHIATO
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Caramel Macchiato Syrup, from above
- Cold pre-brewed coffee, instant coffee, or instant espresso
Pro Tip: If an even creamier drink is desired, add a tablespoon of cream or milk.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Coffee: You can use your favorite flavored coffee as long as it pairs well with the caramel sauce. If caffeine isn’t your thing, but you still want to indulge, decaf coffee could be substituted for caffeinated.
Milk: For a dairy-free option, substitute soy, almond, or coconut milk in place of the condensed milk in the syrup. Low-fat milk could also be used instead of the condensed milk for a lower-fat version of the drink.
Ice: If you would like to serve this drink warm, simply leave out the ice and use the hot brewed coffee in place of the chilled equivalent.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ICED CARAMEL MACCHIATO RECIPE
STEP ONE: Combine the simple syrup, caramel topping, and condensed milk then mix well.
PRO TIP: Put syrup in a squeeze bottle for easy dispensing and storage.
STEP TWO: Fill a mug or mug-sized glass with ice.
STEP THREE: Add the caramel macchiato syrup to the glass of ice.
STEP FOUR: Fill the remainder of the mug with cold pre-brewed coffee, instant coffee, or instant espresso.
STEP FIVE: Stir well.
PRO TIP: If an even creamier drink is desired, add a tablespoon of cream or milk.
HOW TO SERVE
IN THE FRIDGE: The Caramel Macchiato Syrup can be stored in an air-tight container or squeeze bottle in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
MAKE-AHEAD: You can store brewed coffee in the fridge for up to a week, making this an even quicker treat to mix up.
This homemade iced Caramel Macchiato is a delectable beverage with only a few ingredients. Make this staple coffeehouse-style drink in the comfort of your own home to quench your thirst any time of the year.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Iced Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato Syrup
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 to 4 tbsp caramel macchiato syrup from above
- cold pre-brewed coffee instant coffee or instant espresso
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Fill mug or mug sized glass with ice.
- Add Caramel Macchiato syrup to the glass of ice.
- Fill the remainder of the mug with cold pre-brewed coffee, instant coffee, or instant espresso.
- Stir well.TIP: If an even creamier drink is desired, add a tablespoon of cream or milk.