Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
The mother of all breakfasts. This donut breakfast sandwich is the perfect special occasion breakfast – perfect for a breakfast party or to celebrate the morning of a special milestone.
- Spice up the boring breakfast routine with this homemade biscuits and gravy.
While we like to keep most of our breakfasts healthy (like my Mango Smoothie Bowl), every once in awhile, it’s nice to do something a bit special.
That’s exactly what these donut breakfasts sandwiches are – at first glance they look like bagel sandwiches but on closer inspection, they are an unexpected and delicious treat. They would look so cute stacked on a breakfast party table, or half-wrapped with wax paper and baker’s twine.
Using soft, glazed donuts gives these breakfast sandwiches a tender and soft bite – with that sausage patty giving a bit of texture contrast. Add some melted American cheese and thin egg omelet, and you’ve got a seriously decadent breakfast treat.
Donut Breakfast Sandwiches
- 6 glazed donuts Krispy Kreme or other similar brand
- 6 breakfast sausage patties
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 slices American cheese
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook your breakfast sausage patties until fully cooked, according to package or recipe directions.
- Remove the sausage patties to a paper towel-lined plate, and use the same pan to cook your eggs.
- Scramble the eggs with the heavy cream and pour into a thin layer into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flip. You may need to do 2 separate omelets to keep them thin enough.
- Fold the omelets in three and cut into squares that are about the same size as your donuts and sausage.
- Slice the donuts in half across the middle and layer the omelet, sausage, and cheese on the bottom half of the donut.
- You can grill the donut sandwiches as well, or leave them as-is.
- Serve warm.
Check out more great breakfast ideas.
Plus, check out 17 Kid Approved Breakfast Ideas You’ll Also Love…