Last updated on
Table of Contents
Starbucks egg bites are a yummy egg, cheese, and veggie breakfast. This recipe for copycat Starbucks egg bites is easy to make and ready to go when you’re out the door in the morning.
Looking for some other fun recipes to spice up your mornings? You have to try out our homemade Raspberry Freezer Jam. It’s delicious on toast and biscuits. We also love the simplicity of Banana Bread and Monkey Bread, both of which are always breakfast favorites!
INGREDIENTS FOR EGG BITES
You will need:
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
- ¾ cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup fire roasted jarred red peppers, finely chopped
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Cheese: You could pretty much use any type of cheese you prefer in your egg bites. Monterey Jack is a great option because it’s not too sharp or too mild. Other great options are cheddar, Colby Jack, mozzarella, provolone, gouda, or pepper jack for a bit of spice! Just make sure whichever cheese you use is finely shredded so that it melts properly.
Veggies: The Starbucks egg bites are made with just spinach and roasted red peppers, however you could change this up in your own egg bites. Feel free to take out veggies or add others in, such as onions or mushrooms. You could also use fresh peppers (any color) in place of the fire roasted red peppers.
Egg: If you are trying to keep things a bit healthier, you could make your egg bites with egg whites and forego the yolks. You could also make the recipe half and half, using the whole egg for some and just the egg whites for others!
Protein: You could easily add a bit more protein to your egg bites. Try sprinkling in some bacon bits or adding in chopped chicken or ham or ground sausage.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EGG BITES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Fill a 9×13 baking dish half way full with water. Place on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl add all 10 eggs. Use a whisk and beat the eggs together.
STEP THREE: Divide the mixed eggs equally between the 12 muffin spots in the baking tin, about ¼ cup of egg mix will be in each.
STEP FOUR: Divide fire roasted red peppers equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin.
STEP FIVE: Divide spinach equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin.
STEP SIX: Divide Monterey Jack cheese equally by we. Add to the muffin tin.
STEP SEVEN: Mix each egg bite with a fork to incorporate all ingredients in each cup.
STEP EIGHT: Place the muffin tin in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
IN THE FRIDGE: These copycat egg bites are the perfect quick morning meal when stored in the fridge. Keep them in an airtight container or tightly sealed Ziploc bag. When you’re ready for breakfast simply heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds!
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze your egg bites if you’d like them to keep a bit longer. Store in a Ziploc freezer bag. When reheating frozen egg bites place them in the microwave for 1 ½ – 2 minutes.
These egg bites are a filling and delicious breakfast option. They are so easy to make and ready to grab and go when you’re on your way out the door in the morning. They can be made with any combination of eggs, veggies, cheese, and meat. You will love this egg bites recipe.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Campfire Southwest Scrambled Eggs
- Donut Breakfast Sandwich
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese finely shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fire roasted jarred red peppers finely chopped
- Fill a 9×13 baking dish half way full with water. Place on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs. Use a whisk and beat together.
- Divide egg mixture equally between the 12 muffin spots in the baking tin, about ¼ cup each
- Divide fire roasted red peppers equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin
- Divide spinach equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin
- Divide Monterey Jack cheese equally by 12. Add to the muffin tin
- Mix each egg bite with a fork to incorporate all ingredients in each cup
- Place the muffin tin in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set