November 27, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This copycat Fuji apple Panera salad has the same amazing ingredients found in the original version from Panera Bread, but now you don’t have to leave home to enjoy it. The salad’s combination of flavors features notes of cider vinegar, along with crisp apple chips, crunchy pecans, tangy cheese, and tender chicken.
Fuji Apple Panera Salad Ingredients
This apple salad has both sweet and savory flavors, with fresh greens and tart apples that perfectly complement the grilled chicken and vinaigrette dressing.
The apple chips and pecans offer a satisfying crunch, while the salty cheese adds a delicious balance to the sweetness of the salad.
- 1 (11-ounce) package of spring salad mix, washed and dried
- 2½ cups of sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 (2.5-ounce) bag of apple chips
- 1 (5-ounce) package of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup of shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1½ cups of halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of pecan halves
- 1 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup of dried sweetened cranberries
- Panera Fuji apple vinaigrette dressing
Substitutions And Additions
CHEESE: Not a fan of Gorgonzola? You can substitute crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese in this Fuji apple chicken salad.
NUTS: You can substitute candied pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds for the halved pecans.
DRESSING: You can also use a champagne vinaigrette or apple cider vinaigrette for the Panera Fuji apple salad dressing.
TOMATOES: If grape tomatoes aren’t available at your grocery store, you can easily toss halved cherry tomatoes into your tasty salad.
FUJI APPLE: If you can’t find Fuji apples, you can easily swap them for Honeycrisp, Gala, or Pink Lady apples.
DRIED CRANBERRIES: Don’t have dried cranberries? No problem! You can replace them with dried cherries, raisins, or even dried apricots.
LETTUCE: While spring mix lettuce is the classic choice for this salad, you can experiment with other leafy greens like spinach, arugula, or romaine.
Each variety will bring its unique flavor and texture, allowing you to customize your salad to your liking.
AVOCADO: For an extra dose of creaminess and healthy fats, consider adding slices of ripe avocado to your salad.
Avocado pairs wonderfully with the sweet apples and tangy dressing.
How To Make This Fuji Apple Panera Salad Recipe
This delicious salad comes together quickly and easily, especially with the pre-made salad dressing.
Once all the ingredients have been added to your salad bowl, you can toss the salad to mix it all up and serve.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Place the sliced red onions in a small dish of cold water and let them soak for at least ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
Soaking the onions in cold water helps remove some of the raw onion taste. It is optional to do. When ready to prepare the salad, drain the onions.
STEP ONE: Add the spring mix to a large bowl.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the sliced chicken over the salad mix.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle the apple chips over the sliced chicken.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle the crumbled gorgonzola, shaved parmesan cheese, halved grape tomatoes, pecan halves, sliced onion, and dried cranberries.
Toss/stir the salad to distribute all of the salad ingredients evenly.
Toss the salad carefully, as you don’t want to break or crush any of the ingredients in this salad.
STEP FIVE: Just before serving, drizzle the desired amount of Panera Fuji apple dressing over the salad.
You could also allow each person to drizzle the dressing over the salad in their bowls.
If you anticipate having leftover salad, it is best to allow everyone to add the dressing to their individual salads so that the rest doesn’t get soggy from the dressing while stored in the fridge.
How To Serve
This wonderful recipe will become your new favorite salad with its complex and rich flavors.
Transform this salad into a delicious wrap by placing a generous portion inside a large tortilla or a lettuce leaf.
Serve this salad as part of a brunch spread. It pairs wonderfully with quiches, omelets, or a selection of breakfast pastries.
When To Serve
LUNCH: The combination of crisp apples, candied pecans, and creamy dressing provides a balanced and flavorful midday meal.
DINNER: Serve it as a light and refreshing dinner option, especially on warm summer evenings.
BRUNCH: Include this salad as part of a brunch spread. Its fruity and nutty elements add a delicious twist to your brunch menu.
POTLUCK: It’s an excellent choice for potluck gatherings or picnics. The portable nature of this salad makes it easy to transport.
Now that you’ve whipped up this scrumptious salad, let’s talk about how to store it to keep those flavors fresh.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning ahead, you can prepare some components of this salad in advance.
Wash, slice, and store the Fuji apples in a resealable plastic bag with a squeeze of lemon juice to prevent browning.
When you’re ready to enjoy, simply assemble the salad by tossing everything together for a quick and convenient meal.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: None of the components of this salad will freeze well and will end up soggy if you try to keep it for longer storage.
Why We Love This Recipe
VIBRANT FLAVORS: The sweet Fuji apples, the creamy richness of gorgonzola cheese, and the tangy dressing come together to create a variety of irresistible flavors.
CROWD-PLEASER: The combination of sweet, savory, and creamy elements ensures that everyone at the table will find something to love.
PRESENTATION: With its colorful ingredients, this salad is not only delicious but also visually appealing.
This Fuji apple Panera salad is a favorite menu item, and this copycat recipe lets you make the same salad right in your own kitchen. With minimal prep time, you can recreate the salad with all the sweet flavors of the original.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Panera dressing can be found online or at your local grocery store.
It is often kept in the store’s refrigerated section of the produce department.
Yes! Any type of apple will add a delicious sweetness to this yummy salad recipe.
This salad is very flexible, and you can customize it to your liking.
Add bacon, nuts, seeds, cucumber, or other types of cheese.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pistachio Salad
- Cherry Fluff
- Potato Chip Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Classic Coleslaw
- KFC Copycat Coleslaw
Fuji Apple Panera Salad
- 11 ounces spring salad mix (washed and drained)
- 2½ cups sliced rotisserie chicken
- 2.5 ounces apple chips
- 5 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese, optional
- 1½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Panera Fuji apple vinaigrette dressing
- Add the salad mix to a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the sliced chicken over the salad mix.
- Sprinkle the apple chips over the sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle the crumbled Gorgonzola, shaved parmesan cheese, halved grape tomatoes, pecan halves, sliced onion, and dried cranberries. Toss/stir the salad to evenly distribute all of the salad ingredients.
- Just before serving, drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the salad, or wait and allow each person to drizzle the dressing over the salad in their bowls.
- Place the sliced red onions in a small dish of cold water and let them soak for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Soaking the onions in cold water helps remove some of the raw onion taste. It is optional to do. When ready to prepare the salad, drain the onions.
- Toss the salad carefully, as you don’t want to break or crush any of the ingredients in this salad.
- If you anticipate having leftover salad, it is best to allow everyone to add the dressing to their individual salads so that the rest doesn’t get soggy from the dressing while stored in the fridge.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chicken Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Overnight Fruit Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Orange Creamsicle Salad
- Snickers Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Pineapple Pretzel Salad
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad
- Watermelon Salad
- Jello Salad
- Berry Cheesecake Salad
- Peach Pretzel Salad