Last updated on
Table of Contents
This recipe for the best grilled chicken breast is the perfect family dinner or choice for a summer cookout. The marinade is a combination of delicious ingredients like lemon-pepper seasoning, dijon mustard, and honey, making it the perfect balance of tangy and sweet for a flavorful and juicy chicken breast off the grill.
When having a family barbeque you can’t go wrong serving up your main course with a classic summer side dish. These recipes for The Best Classic Coleslaw, Elbow Macaroni Pasta Salad, Dill Pickle Pasta Salad and Easy Italian Pasta Salad are some of our go-to summer salads. They are easy to make and the perfect complement to any grilled meal. Or make our fresh grape salad for dessert to finish off your meal. For another grilled entree that you could serve alongside your grilled chicken, try our Grilled Tilapia.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
HOW TO MAKE MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
STEP ONE: Place chicken in a Ziploc bag, press the air out, and seal. (The chicken could also be placed in plastic wrap.) This is to help minimize the mess. Using a meat tenderizer (smooth side) or a rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is a consistent thickness, ¼ to ½ inch in thickness. This helps with consistency in cooking and also reduces cooking time. It also relieves stress.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients for the marinade. Set aside.
PRO TIP: The lemon flavor for the marinade turns out to be quite light. If you prefer a stronger lemon flavor, add 1 tablespoon to the marinade. But be careful about adding more lemon-pepper seasoning to accomplish, since this seasoning has other flavors in it besides just lemon.
STEP THREE: Place chicken in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Add marinade and seal. Lay flat on a plate or platter, refrigerate, and let marinate for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
STEP FOUR: When ready to cook, heat the grill to at least 300 degrees, but not more than 350. While grilling, try to maintain the temp to at least 300 degrees.
STEP FIVE: Remove the chicken from the Ziploc bag and place on the grill. No need to pat the chicken dry before doing this.
STEP SIX: Place chicken on the grill, close grill lid, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn chicken, insert meat thermometer into one of the pieces, and close the grill lid.
STEP SEVEN: When the internal temperature of the chicken is 160 degrees, remove it from the grill. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST
Chicken is so versatile and can be paired with just about any side dish. You could serve your grilled chicken breast with vegetables like these Glazed Carrots or Simple Sauteed Veggies. Or, you could go for a delicious potato side like these Campfire Potatoes or these Scalloped Potatoes. The options are endless!
In the fridge
If you find yourself with leftover grilled chicken breasts, you can store them in the fridge. To maximize the shelf life you should store your chicken in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap. If stored this way your chicken will last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
In the freezer
You can freeze your grilled chicken for quick and easy meals later on. To do so, make sure that the chicken has thawed completely (you might even want to let it chill in the fridge) before freezing. I recommend slicing the chicken into smaller pieces. Then, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a ziploc bag.
When you’re ready to eat your frozen chicken, be sure to let it thaw out completely in the fridge, then heat it up in the microwave or oven!
This delicious grilled chicken breast recipe is perfect for your next family barbeque. The grilled chicken is mouthwateringly juicy and the marinade the perfect blend of zesty lemon and sweet honey flavors. Not to mention, it pairs well with just about any side dish, from a cold pasta salad to hearty potatoes. This is one meal that’s sure to get a thumbs up from the whole family.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Italian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Salmon Foil Packets
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts about 2 lbs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag, press the air out, and seal. (The chicken could also beplaced between plastic wrap.) This is to help minimize the mess. Using a meattenderizer (smooth side) or a rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is a consistentthickness, ¼ to ½ inch in thickness. This helps with consistency in cooking and alsoreduces cooking time. It also relieves stress.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Place chicken In a gallon size ziploc bag and seal. Lay flat on a plate or platter, refrigerate, and marinate 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to at least 300 degrees, but not more than 350. While grilling, try to maintainthe temp to at least 300 degrees.
- Remove chicken from bag and place on grill. No need to pat dry before doing this
- Place chicken on grill, close grill lid, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Turnchicken, insert meat thermometer into one of the pieces, and close the grill lid.
- When the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees, remove it from the grill. Letrest 5 minutes before slicing.