Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Paprika is an underestimated seasoning. There are soo many things to love: its rich flavor, hint of spiciness, and bold and beautiful color make it an easy addition to many dishes. Paprika Chicken is a juicy chicken dish that uses sweet paprika and chipotle chili for the perfect amount of kick! Just toss the seasonings together with the chicken and bake for a no-fuss main dish that looks, smells, and tastes wonderful!
ingredients for Paprika Chicken
You will need:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 medium-sized chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in (about 2 pounds total)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Substitutions And Additions
CHICKEN THIGHS: You can use drumsticks as a chicken thigh substitute in this recipe.
SWEET PAPRIKA: Use smoked paprika in place of the sweet paprika. If you do, I would also replace the chipotle chilli pepper with 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
How to Make this Paprika Chicken recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 400F.
STEP TWO: Grab a small bowl and mix together the olive oil, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Then set it aside.
PRO TIP: Spices last for a long time, but sometimes they get a bit dry and lumpy. You can still use them. Just put them in a bowl or use a mortar and pestle to break up the lumps before using them. A little bit of oil sometimes helps with the process.
STEP THREE: Remove any excess fat from the chicken thighs and pat them dry with a paper towel.
STEP FOUR: Place them in a large bowl and pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken. Toss the chicken to coat them, making sure to completely cover each chicken piece in the spice mixture.
PRO TIP: For a bolder flavor, let the chicken marinate for 1 to 3 hours. Cover the bowl and make sure to place it in the fridge.
STEP FIVE: Place the chicken thighs in a single layer 9×9 inch baking dish and cook them for 40 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through when the juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 F.
STEP SIX: Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before garnishing with fresh chopped parsley and serving.
IN THE FRIDGE: Allow leftovers to cool before placing them in an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: This chicken can be frozen in an airtight, freezer-safe container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer bag. It can be kept for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
This paprika chicken thighs recipe uses a tasty combination of spices you may not have tried before but we know you’ll love it! This perfectly seasoned dinner is baked in the over for a no-fuss dinner that pairs well with a salad, mashed potatoes, or roasted veggies.
more recipes you’ll love
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 medium-sized chicken thighs skinless, bone-in (about 2 pounds total)
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken thighs, pat them dry with a paper towel, and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken and toss to coat making sure to completely cover each chicken piece in the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer in a 9×9 baking dish. Cook for 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before garnishing with fresh chopped parsley and serving.