October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This oven roasted potatoes recipe is so simple to put together and bake in the oven while you make your main dish. We’re sure you’ll agree that these are the best quick and easy potatoes that will become a part of your regular recipe rotation.
Oven Roasted Potatoes Ingredients
- 3 pounds of baby potatoes, yellow or red
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced basil
Substitutions And Additions
SEASONING: If there are certain spices used in this recipe that you don’t prefer, just leave them out. This recipe can be seasoned to suit your personal taste.
CHEESE: Try adding some freshly grated parmesan cheese over top of the potatoes before the final five minutes of baking.
Finish baking the potatoes, and the cheese will melt, creating a deliciously seasoned parmesan potato side dish.
POTATOES: This recipe makes the best oven-roasted red potatoes, but you can use other types of potatoes too.
Small Yukon Gold potatoes are a great choice for a golden yellow potato with a tender skin.
How To Make This Roasted Potatoes Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 425° F.
STEP TWO: Cut each potato in half and place them in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Pour the olive oil over potatoes and toss well to coat.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle all of the spices over the potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
We use garlic powder in this recipe because in the amount of time the potatoes need to bake, fresh garlic will burn. But if you really love fresh garlic with your potatoes, you can add it during the last 5 minutes of baking.
STEP FIVE: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
STEP SIX: Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your potatoes as the suggested baking time approaches.
STEP SEVEN: Serve the potatoes hot.
How To Serve
Oven-roasted potatoes make a fantastic side dish for a wide range of main courses. Serve them alongside grilled chicken, steak, or roasted vegetables. Their crispy exterior and tender interior will complement any savory centerpiece.
The right side dish can really pull a meal together! In addition to oven-baked potatoes, you’ll love our cheesy broccoli and rice casserole recipe. Plus, this corn pudding recipe is always a crowd-pleasing side!
IN THE FRIDGE: Store the potatoes in an airtight food storage container or a zip-top bag in the refrigerator for three to four days.
IN THE FREEZER: Freeze the potatoes in a zip-top freezer bag for up to three months.
This fantastic oven roasted potatoes recipe pairs perfectly with roast beef, chicken, steak, fish, turkey, and many of your other favorite main dishes. Crispy and golden brown inside while soft and tender inside, these easy-to-make seasoned potatoes will wow your taste buds.
Frequently Asked Questions
While russet potatoes are commonly used, you can also roast red, Yukon Gold, or fingerling potatoes. Each type offers a slightly different texture and flavor, so feel free to experiment.
It’s not necessary to peel the potatoes. In fact, leaving the skins on can add extra flavor, texture, and nutrients to your dish. Just make sure to wash and scrub them thoroughly before cutting.
To prevent sticking, make sure to use a well-greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Additionally, avoid overcrowding the potatoes on the sheet, as this can lead to sticking and uneven cooking.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Steak Marinade
- Potato Salad
- Crispy Fried Potatoes
- Salmon in Foil
- Sushi Bowl
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
- French Dip Sliders
- Jiffy Corn Casserole
- Pepper Steak
- Poor Man’s Stew
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3 pounds baby potatoes, yellow or red
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut baby potatoes into halves. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle all spices over potatoes and toss well to evenly coat.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve hot.
- We use garlic powder in this recipe because in the amount of time the potatoes need to bake, fresh garlic will burn. But if you really love fresh garlic with your potatoes, you can add it during the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your potatoes as the suggested baking time approaches.