Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Oven roasted potatoes are a delicious and versatile dish to add to almost any dinner. This recipe is so simple to put together and bake in the oven while you make your main dish. We’re sure you’ll agree that these are the best quick and easy potatoes that will become a part of your regular recipe rotation.
The right side dish can really pull a meal together! In addition to oven baked potatoes, you’ll love our cheesy Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe. Plus, this Corn Pudding Recipe is always a crowd-pleasing side!
ingredients for Oven Roasted Potatoes
You will need:
- 3 pounds of baby potatoes, yellow or red
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
Substitutions and Additions
Seasoning: If there are certain spices used in this recipe that you don’t prefer, just leave them out. This recipe can be seasoned to suit your personal taste.
Cheese: Try adding some freshly grated parmesan cheese over top of the potatoes before the final 5 minutes of baking. Finish baking the potatoes and the cheese will melt, creating a delicious seasoned parmesan potato side dish.
Potatoes: This recipe makes the best oven roasted red potatoes, but you can use other types of potatoes too. Small Yukon Gold potatoes are a great choice for a golden yellow potato with a tender skin.
How to Make this Oven Roasted Potatoes recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Cut each potato in half and place them in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Pour olive oil over potatoes and toss well to coat.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle all spices over potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
PRO TIP: We use garlic powder in this recipe because in the amount of time the potatoes need to bake, fresh garlic will burn. But if you really love fresh garlic with your potatoes, you can add it during the last 5 minutes of baking.
STEP FIVE: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
STEP SIX: Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
STEP SEVEN: Serve the potatoes hot.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store the potatoes in an airtight food storage container or a zip-top bag in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Freeze the potatoes in a zip-top freezer bag for up to three months.
This fantastic oven roasted potato recipe pairs perfectly with roast beef, chicken, steak, fish, turkey, and many of your other favorite main dishes. Crispy and golden brown inside while soft and tender inside, these easy to make seasoned potatoes will wow your taste buds.
more recipes you’ll love
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 3 lb baby potatoes yellow or red
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh minced basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut baby potatoes into halves. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle all spices over potatoes and toss well to evenly coat.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve hot.