Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Butterscotch delight dessert is made up of four layers, starting with a graham cracker crust, followed by butterscotch pudding, cream cheese, and whipped topping. It is easy to make and requires no baking. This layered butterscotch pudding dessert is creamy and sweet, yet light, and so delicious!
If you’re a fan of the Butterscotch Delight, you have to try these other variations of this easy recipe. Pumpkin Delight is the perfect dessert for fall, and Pineapple Delight is so light and refreshing. You can’t go wrong with either option!
MORE NO BAKE RECIPES
INGREDIENTS FOR BUTTERSCOTCH DELIGHT
You will need:
- 1 ½ cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) instant butterscotch pudding
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips, roughly chopped and divided
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS: Using cinnamon graham crackers to make your graham cracker crumbs adds a really nice, yet subtle flavor in your crust. You can also use regular honey graham crackers if you prefer.
SAUCE FOR GARNISH: Besides the butterscotch chips and pieces, you can also drizzle the top of your dessert with butterscotch sauce (like you use for ice cream or make your own).
HOW TO MAKE THIS BUTTERSCOTCH DELIGHT RECIPE
LAYER ONE (CRUST):
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
STEP TWO: Press the mixture into an 8×8 dish. Flatten the mixture using the bottom of a flat glass. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
STEP ONE: In a large mixing bowl, place the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, combine until light and fluffy and no lumps remain. Set aside.
STEP TWO: In a chilled medium bowl, place the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer on high, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Usually this takes about 5 minutes.
STEP THREE: Gently add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula. Once combined, spoon half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
STEP FOUR: Set the other half of this mixture aside.
STEP ONE: In the bowl with the remaining cream cheese/whipping cream mixture, add the butterscotch pudding, chopped butterscotch chips, and heavy cream. Gently fold together until combined and solid.
STEP TWO: Spoon the mixture on top of layer two in the 8×8 dish and spread evenly. This layer will be quite thick.
STEP ONE: Spread the Cool Whip on top of the 8×8 dish as the last layer.
STEP TWO: Garnish with remaining ¼ cup of chopped butterscotch chips, and drizzle of sauce of your choice. Then, chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
IN THE FRIDGE: Leftover Butterscotch Delight should always be stored in the refrigerator. It’s also best to place in the fridge in between servings. The ingredients can melt very quickly. If you plan to make it ahead of time, it should also be refrigerated until served.
IN THE FREEZER: Butterscotch Delight is very simple to freeze! Just make sure to cover the top with an airtight lid and pop it in the freezer. When ready to serve, let it thaw in the fridge.
Butterscotch delight is a delicious layered dessert. Starting out with a simple homemade graham cracker crust, that only takes two steps to make. Followed up by cream cheese, butterscotch pudding, and whipped topping layers. This dessert dish is light and creamy and it’s simple to make with easy to follow instructions for each of the four layers.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar·
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons divided
- 3.4 ounces instant butterscotch pudding
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips roughly chopped and divided
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Garnish with chopped butterscotch chips and chip crumbles cinnamon graham cracker crumbs You can also drizzle with butterscotch sauce (like you use for ice cream or make your own)
- In a medium bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press the mixture into an 8×8 dish. Flatten the mixture using the bottom of a flat glass.Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl place, the softened cream cheese, powered sugar, vanilla extract and using a hand mixer combine until light and fluffy and no lumps. Set aside.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl place, the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer on high beat the cream until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Gently add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula. Once combined spoon half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture on top of graham cracker crust.
- Set the other half of the mixture aside.
- Place the 8×8 dish in the refrigerator while preparing the next step.
- In the bowl with the remaining cream cheese/whipping cream mixture, add the butterscotch pudding, chopped butterscotch chips and heavy cream. Gently fold together until combined and solid in color.
- Spoon the mixture on top of layer three in the8x8 dish and spread evenly. This layer will be quite thick.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the 8×8 dish as the last layer
- Garnish with remaining ¼ cup chopped butterscotch chips and drizzle with butterscotch sauce.
- Chill at least one hour before serving. Ideally chill for 2 hours.
- The butterscotch layer of this is thicker than the other Delight recipes but still tastes good.