October 11, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Creamy Italian chicken with pasta is made quickly and easily in just one pot. This authentic recipe combines Alfredo sauce, tender chicken, pasta, and plenty of cheese for a perfectly seasoned family dinner everyone will love.
Creamy Italian Chicken With Pasta Ingredients
This Italian chicken recipe is a rich and indulgent dish featuring creamy sauce with hints of Parmesan cheese, garlic, and butter.
Tender rotisserie chicken adds savory depth, while al dente fettuccine noodles provide a satisfying texture.
- 2 (16-ounce) jars of Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups of chicken broth, low-sodium
- 8 ounces of fettuccine noodles, uncooked
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, optional
- 8 ounces of rotisserie chicken, cut into small pieces
- Grated parmesan cheese and parsley, garnish
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Substitutions And Additions
CHICKEN: If you have pre-cooked grilled chicken strips, boneless skinless chicken breasts, or leftover chicken, you can easily use those in place of the rotisserie chicken.
CREAM CHEESE: Optionally, you can add a 4-ounce block of cream cheese to assist in making an even richer, creamier sauce.
It thickens the cream sauce up quite a bit, so add water as needed until you achieve your ideal sauce consistency.
PASTA: The classic choice to go with Alfredo sauce is fettuccine, but there is no reason you can’t choose a different kind of pasta.
Pick your favorite pasta, such as penne, rotini, spaghetti, or even egg noodles, to mix with this creamy sauce.
If you are able to find fresh homemade pasta, it would make this meal even more delicious.
Just keep an eye on the cooking time depending on what the package directions say for the pasta shape you are using.
VEGETABLES: There is no reason you couldn’t add vegetables to this recipe.
Onions, fresh spinach, fresh basil, red peppers, or green bell pepper would be delicious mixed into the creamy pasta.
SPICE: If you like things a little spicy, add a dash of red pepper flakes to the pan with the sauce and broth.
How To Make This Creamy Italian Chicken With Pasta Recipe
All you need is one pot to whip up this tasty pasta recipe. Let’s get started.
STEP ONE: Place Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and pasta in a 12-inch large skillet.
STEP TWO: Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Continue simmering until pasta is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Al dente is the ideal consistency for pasta. The pasta will be tender and will still have a slightly firm texture when you bite into it.
STEP THREE: If adding in the cream cheese, stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.
If you would like to thin out the sauce a bit, add hot water to the pan and stir until the sauce is smooth.
STEP FOUR: Top with chicken, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
STEP FIVE: Season with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
How To Serve
Some of our other family-favorite pasta recipes that you should check out for those busy weeknights include our chicken Alfredo bake, a great twist on chicken Alfredo, and one of our favorites, chicken and dumplings.
Storing Italian Chicken Pasta
Here’s how to make the most of this tasty creation:
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning ahead, you can prepare the creamy Italian chicken sauce up to two days in advance.
Simply follow the recipe until you’ve made the sauce and cooked the chicken. Store the sauce and chicken separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to serve, reheat the sauce on the stove, add the cooked chicken, and combine it with freshly cooked pasta.
IN THE FRIDGE: This delicious Italian dish might not last too long on your dinner table, but if you manage to have leftovers, it’ll keep quite well in the fridge.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to five days. Reheat in the microwave or add ½ cup water and leftover pasta to a saucepan.
Reheat until the sauce is smooth and heated through.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this recipe. It may lose its texture during the freezing process and not be quite as creamy once thawed.
Why We Love This Recipe
SATISFYING CREAMINESS: The rich Alfredo sauce and optional cream cheese create an irresistibly creamy texture that coats every bite of pasta and chicken, making it incredibly satisfying and comforting.
FLAVORFUL ITALIAN MEAL: This dish captures the classic Italian flavors with Parmesan cheese, garlic, and butter, resulting in a taste that’s both familiar and indulgent.
Creamy Italian chicken with pasta is a recipe your family will be delighted to sit down to. Filled with cheesy flavor and juicy chicken, and served with hearty pasta, not only is this dish mouthwatering, but it can be made with just one pot with only a handful of ingredients, no mess, no stress.
Frequently Asked Questions
To test your pasta for al dente, take a bite of the pasta a minute or two before the package instructions indicate it should be done. When you bite into it, and your teeth feel some resistance, but the pasta is still tender, your pasta is al dente.
We don’t recommend freezing this recipe. It may lose its texture during the freezing process and not be quite as creamy once thawed.
This chicken pasta recipe will work well with any type of pasta that you enjoy. Long or short pasta shapes will both work.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Recipe
- Easy Grilled Chicken with Beer Marinade
- Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Mongolian Beef Noodles
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
- Shake and Bake Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Peanut Noodles
Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta
- 32 ounces Alfredo sauce, try our homemade Olive Garden alfredo sauce!
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles, uncooked
- 4 ounces cream cheese, optional
- 8 ounces pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken
- grated parmesan cheese and parsley, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and pasta in a 12-inch skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue simmering until pasta is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- For extra creamy pasta, stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.
- Top with chicken, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Al dente is the ideal consistency for pasta. The pasta will be tender and will still have a slightly firm texture when you bite into it.
- If you would like to thin out the sauce a bit, add hot water to the pan and stir until the sauce is smooth.