Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Creamy, authentic, Italian-style chicken with al dente pasta, all made quick-and-easy in one pot. This Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta recipe combines alfredo sauce, chicken, pasta, and even more cheese, perfectly seasoned for a family dinner everyone will love. If you’re hoping for Olive Garden quality without the price tag, this saucy recipe contains all you need to know to serve up a delicious pasta meal, in less than thirty minutes!
Some of our other family favorite pasta dishes that you should check out for those busy weeknights are our Chicken Alfredo Bake, a great twist on chicken alfredo, and one of our family favorites, Chicken and Dumplings.
ingredients for Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta
You will need:
- Two 16 ounce jars of Alfredo sauce, try our homemade Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce!
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 8 ounce fettuccine noodles, uncooked
- 8 ounce rotisserie chicken
- Grated parmesan cheese and parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounce cream cheese, optional
Substitutions And Additions
Pre-Cooked Chicken: If you have pre-cooked grilled chicken strips or leftover chicken, you can easily use those in place of the rotisserie chicken.
Cream Cheese: Optionally, you can add 4 oz. cream cheese to assist in making an even richer, creamier sauce. It thickens the sauce up quite a bit so add water as needed until you achieve your ideal sauce consistency.
How to Make this Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta recipe
STEP ONE: Place Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and pasta in a 12-inch skillet.
PRO TIP: Want to make your own Alfredo sauce? It’s easier than you think! Here’s our copycat Olive Garden Alfredo sauce recipe!
STEP TWO: Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue simmering until pasta is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
STEP THREE: If adding in the cream cheese, stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.
PRO TIP: If you would like to thin out the sauce a bit, add hot water to the pan and stir until the sauce is smooth.
STEP FOUR: Top with chicken, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
STEP FIVE: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This delicious Italian dish might not last too long on your dinner table, but if you manage to have leftovers, it’ll keep quite well in the fridge.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or add 1/2 cup water and leftover pasta to a saucepan. Reheat until the sauce is smooth and heated through.
Your kids will think you ordered in takeout when you serve up this delectable, Olive Garden copycat recipe. Creamy Italian chicken pasta is a recipe your family will be delighted to sit down to. Filled with cheesy flavor and juicy chicken, and served with hearty pasta, not only is this dish mouthwatering, but it can be made with just one pot, no mess, no stress.
more recipes you’ll love
Creamy Italian Chicken with Pasta
- 32 ounce alfredo sauce try our homemade Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce!
- 2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 8 ounce fettuccine noodles uncooked
- 4 ounce cream cheese optional
- 8 ouce pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken
- grated parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and pasta in a 12-inch skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue simmering until pasta is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- For an extra creamy pasta, stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.TIP: If you would like to thin out the sauce a bit, add hot water to the pan and stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Top with chicken, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.