Last updated on
Table of Contents
With a rich, flavorful, homemade sauce, this creamy chicken pasta is a simple family favorite. This dinner takes less than an hour to make and combines tasty chicken with a deliciously seasoned sauce. Don’t let homemade pasta sauce intimidate you – this is so easy to cook!
CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA INGREDIENTS
You will need:
FOR THE CHICKEN
- chicken seasoning
- 1 pound (450g) chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE AND PASTA
- 250g penne pasta
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, 33%
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
HEAVY CREAM: Combine milk and butter to make heavy cream at home. Use ¼ cup of melted with ¾ cup of milk to make 1 cup of heavy cream.
PENNE PASTA: Use rigatoni as a good substitute for penne.
MOZZARELLA: You can top your pasta with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CREAMY CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE
STEP ONE: Use a 2 Quart saucepan to cook the pasta until it’s tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Then, drain the pasta and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Get a large skillet and stir the chicken, olive oil, and chicken seasoning spices over medium-high heat. Toss the chicken so it’s evenly coated in spices. Cook it until the chicken pieces are thoroughly cooked, with an internal temperature is 165F. Set the cooked chicken pieces aside in a separate bowl.
STEP THREE: In the same skillet, cook onion and minced garlic over medium-high heat until onions are tender.
STEP FOUR: Add the cream cheese and butter to the skillet. Cook it until it’s just melted.
STEP FIVE: Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, parsley, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Cook it over medium-high until it’s boiling and then reduce the heat to low.
STEP SIX: Add in ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Add the pasta to the skillet and toss it to fully coat.
STEP EIGHT: Add the chicken back to the skillet, make sure to use a spatula to get all those spices from the chicken bowl back into the skillet, and stir it to mix well. Simmer the food over low heat for 5 minutes.
STEP NINE: Stir it often in order to fully coat all of the pasta.
STEP TEN: Before serving, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and the minced basil over the top.
STEP ELEVEN: You’re done! Serve your dish hot.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers in a sealed food storage container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
This creamy chicken pasta is loaded with delicious spices and creamy ingredients. This recipe requires minimal preparation and takes under just an hour to make. The homemade sauce is definitely a reason to make this dish – it’s so delicious it will have everyone asking for seconds.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Creamy Chicken Pasta
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed (450g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE AND PASTA
- 16 oz box penne pasta
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cream cheese or 2 z mark on the block of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream 33%
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly shredded, divided
- 3 tbsp fresh basil minced
- In a large 12 inch skillet stir together chicken, olive oil, and all chicken seasoning spices over medium-high heat. Toss chicken so it’s evenly coated in spices. Cook until chicken pieces are thoroughly cooked, with an internal temperature of 165F. Set cooked chicken pieces aside in a separate bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook onion and minced garlic over medium-high heat under onions are tender.
- Add cream cheese and butter to the skillet. Cook just until melted.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, parsley, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Cook over medium-high until boiling. Stir in ½ cup of Parmesan. Add the box of pasta and bring it back to a slow simmer. Simmer about 8 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, make sure to use a spatula to get all those spices from the chicken bowl back into the skillet, and stir to mix well. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes stirring often to reheat the chicken.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and minced basil over top.
- Serve hot.