Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
If you love chicken parmesan, then this is the recipe for you! The pasta, chicken, and sauce all cook in the same pot to create a creamy and delicious meal with minimal mess.
INGREDIENTS for one pot CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA
You will need:
- 3 chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 16 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 24-ounce jar of Ragu Old World Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 24 ounces of chicken stock
- 1 and 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS
Chicken: To make this dish suitable for vegetarians, you could leave out the chicken, or use a vegetarian chicken substitute. You should also swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock.
Garlic: If you don’t have garlic powder, garlic salt and garlic paste, you can just add more of the type of garlic that you do have. Fresh or frozen garlic will also work for this recipe.
Ragu Old World Traditional Pasta Sauce: This is our favorite sauce to make one pot parmesan chicken, but any brand of tomato-based pasta sauce will be fine or you could use homemade pasta sauce.
Rigatoni Pasta: Penne pasta is a good substitute for rigatoni, or you could use whatever shape of past you have in the cupboard.
Mushrooms: These will make a great optional extra to add if you wish.
Cherry Tomatoes: Fresh cherry tomatoes sliced in half will also make a great addition if you wish.
HOW TO MAKE this ONE POT CHICKEN PARMESAN PASTA recipe
STEP ONE: Add olive oil to a Dutch oven and heat it over a medium heat.
STEP TWO: Add the chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and garlic salt. Stir to combine. Cook until the chicken is almost cooked through.
STEP THREE: Add the onion and garlic paste. Stir to combine. Let it cook for five to seven minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
STEP FOUR: Pour in the pasta sauce and chicken broth. Add the rigatoni pasta. Stir to combine.
STEP FIVE: Cover and simmer for twelve to fourteen minutes, or until the pasta is done.
STEP SIX: Add half a cup of mozzarella cheese and stir. Top the pasta with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, cover and let it melt. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
PRO TIP: If you like crispy cheese, finish this dish under the broiler for a few minutes.
IN THE FRIDGE: Cooked chicken parmesan pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat thoroughly in the microwave or on the stove top.
IN THE FREEZER: Chicken parmesan pasta can be stored in the freezer for up to two months in an airtight container.
This one pot chicken parmesan pasta recipe is so quick and easy to make – it’s one of our favorite weeknight family meals. Creamy, cheesy and garlicky, this dish is packed full of flavor and the minimal dishwashing is a huge bonus!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 3 chicken breasts diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 medium yellow onion finely minced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 16 oz dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 24-oz jar Ragu Old World Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 24 oz chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven over medium heat add olive oil, bite sized chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and garlic salt. Stir to combine. Cook until chicken is most of the way cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic paste. Stir to combine. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour in pasta sauce and chicken broth. Add rigatoni pasta. Stir to combine. Cover and let cook on a low simmer for 12-14 minutes, or until pasta is done.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and stir. Top the pasta with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese then cover and let melt. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!