Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
One pot taco spaghetti is an easy and delicious dinner that has all the tasty Mexican flavors of tacos, but in spaghetti form. It smells incredible as it cooks and with only a single skillet, there’s barely any clean-up afterwards.
TACO SPAGHETTI INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ¼ cup of yellow onions
- ¼ cup of taco seasoning, 1 packet
- 10 ounce can of Rotel tomatoes
- 8 ounce of spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups of water
- 4 ounce of Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Ground Beef: You can easily make this taco spaghetti recipe vegetarian by switching the meat for your favorite vegetarian ground beef alternative.
Taco Seasoning: Instead of using a packet, if you have a well-stocked spice rack you can easily make your own taco seasoning with red pepper flakes, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Rotel Tomatoes: These are basically just canned tomatoes and chilies, so you can easily substitute fresh or canned tomatoes and fresh or dried chilies.
Cheddar Cheese: Any other yellow cheese would work for this recipe, including Jack, Colby, Swiss or even a dairy-free cheese alternative if you prefer.
Vegetables: To make this taco spaghetti recipe more healthy you could add some mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini or any other veggies that need using up.
HOW TO MAKE THIS TACO SPAGHETTI RECIPE
STEP ONE: Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over a medium heat.
STEP TWO: Brown the ground beef and onions until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are soft and translucent.
STEP THREE: Add the taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes (including the juice), spaghetti noodles, and water. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil.
STEP FOUR: Once the water comes to a boil reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Remove from the heat. Sprinkle half of the cheese into the pan and stir well.
STEP SIX: Top with remaining cheese and cilantro, then serve.
IN THE FRIDGE: Taco spaghetti pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days.
IN THE FREEZER: Taco spaghetti with ground beef freezes well for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the microwave or on the stovetop.
This one pot Mexican spaghetti dish is so easy to make and is sure to please the whole family. Taco spaghetti tastes even better the next day, so you may wish to set some aside and take it to work for lunch.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup yellow onions
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning 1 packet
- 10 oz can rotel tomatoes
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles uncooked
- 3 cup water
- 4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Heat olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet until meat is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes (including juice), spaghetti noodles, and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Once water comes to a boil reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle half of the cheese into the pan and stir to distribute the cooked spaghetti and cheese throughout the pan.
- Top with remaining cheese and cilantro. Serve.