Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
This Crockpot Crack Chicken recipe is so simple to make but you’d never be able to tell. A delicious mixture of cheddar and cream cheese melts perfectly into the tender chicken breasts. Top with bacon bits and green onions and you’ll be addicted.
INGREDIENTS FOR CROCKPOT CRACK CHICKEN
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1-oz packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix, dry
- 16-oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
SUBSTITIONS AND ADDITIONS
Cream Cheese: If you’re watching calories or simply want to keep this meal lower fat, you can use ⅓ fat or fat free cream cheese. It will taste almost the exact same when it’s all said and done.
Shredded Cheese: Feel free to mix up the type of shredded cheese you use in this recipe. I have used mozzarella, colby jack, swiss, and gouda. All of which tasted great!
Bacon Bits: You can use real bacon, cooked and chopped. Or you can use packaged, store bought bacon bits. Either will work just fine.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN RECIPE
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, combine salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and dry ranch seasoning mix.
STEP TWO: In the CrockPot, add the 4 chicken breasts. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the top of the chicken breasts. Top the seasoning mixture with the cream cheese cubes.
STEP THREE: Turn the CrockPot temperature to low and cover. Let cook for 6-7 hours, or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
PRO TIP: If you are on a time crunch, you can cook on high for 3-4 hours instead.
STEP FOUR: Once the chicken is done cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken while it is still in the CrockPot. Stir the shredded chicken and cream cheese together.
STEP FIVE: Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
STEP SIX: Top with the remaining cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions. Cover with the lid again, until the cheese has melted.
STEP SEVEN: Serve and enjoy!
PRO TIP: This dish can be served over rice, on hoagie rolls, over a baked potato, or as a dip with crackers!
IN THE FRIDGE: CrockPot crack chicken can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to 3 days. This is a great leftover dish, because the cream cheese mixture keeps the chicken moist. Simply reheat it in the microwave and serve it your preferred way.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze CrockPot crack chicken, let it cool down completely before transferring it to freezer Ziploc bags. Make sure to press out any access air from the bag. Then, place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
CrockPot crack chicken is creamy and delicious. It can be served in a bun, over rice or potatoes, or as a dip with crackers. It’s easy to make in the slow cooker. Simply put all the ingredients together and set it on low for 6-7 hours.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Crockpot Crack Chicken
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1-oz packet hidden valleyranch seasoning mix
- 1 16-oz cream cheese cut into cubes
- 8 sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- In a small bowl combine salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and hidden valley ranch seasoning mix.
- In the Crock Pot add 4 chicken breasts. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over the top of the chicken breasts. Top the seasoning mixture with cream cheese cubes.
- Turn the Crock Pot temperature to low and cover. Let cook 6-7 hours, or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken while it is still in the Crock Pot. Stir the shredded chicken and cream cheese together.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions. Cover until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!