With just four step instructions, this recipe for chicken and gravy is so easy to make in the CrockPot. Simply put all of your ingredients together, and let the slow cooker do the rest. It makes for tender shredded chicken breasts and a hearty gravy, the ultimate comfort food.
INGREDIENTS FOR CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY
You will need:
CHICKEN AND GRAVY INGREDIENTS:
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally for easier cooking (about 1 lb)
- 1 10.75-oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 0.87-oz envelopes chicken gravy mix
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 1 ½ cups water (if you prefer thicker gravy use 1 cup, thinner gravy use 1 ½ cups)
- ½ tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Flavor
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CHICKEN GRAVY MIX: You can use 2 tablespoons of powdered chicken and gravy mix in place of the 2 envelopes of chicken gravy mix.
BOUILLON: If you prefer, you can just smash up 2 chicken bouillon cubes, in a Ziploc bag, with the back of a spoon, and use this in place of the Better than Bouillon Chicken Flavor.
POTATOES OR RICE: I recommend serving your chicken and gravy over homemade mashed potatoes. It makes for a hearty and comforting meal. Serving it over a bed of white or brown rice is also a great option.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY RECIPE
STEP ONE: In a 4 quart CrockPot, add one can of cream of chicken soup, 2 envelopes of chicken gravy mix, pepper, garlic powder, water (adding more or less water, based on the thickness you desire), and Better than Bouillon Chicken Flavor (or smashed bouillon cubes).
STEP TWO: Mix all of these ingredients together well.
STEP THREE: Add the 4 cut chicken breasts to the Crock Pot and cover with lid. Set the Crock Pot temperature to low and cook for 4 hours, or until the chicken easily shreds with two forks
STEP FOUR: Shred chicken and stir the sauce and chicken together with a large spoon.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store chicken and gravy in the fridge for up to three days. Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container and can be easily reheated in the microwave.
IN THE FREEZER: Chicken and gravy can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. It makes for a super easy meal on a busy night. Simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat. Serve over rice or potatoes.
Chicken and gravy could not be easier to make. It’s as simple as combining all of your ingredients and letting them cook in the CrockPot. You will love the tender shredded chicken and flavorful gravy. This is a hearty and comforting meal that will leave everyone satisfied.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- One Pot Chicken and Rice
- White Chicken Enchiladas
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- 4 large chicken breasts cut in half horizontally for easier cooking
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 .87 oz envelopes chicken gravy mix (or 2 tbsp powdered chicken gravy mix)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1½ cup water (thicker gravy use 1 cup, thinner gravy use 1 ½ cups)
- 1/2 tbsp BetterThan Bouillon Chicken Flavor (or 2 chicken bouillon cubes smashed with the back of a spoon)
- Green onions sliced for garnish
- In a 4 quart Crock Pot add 1 10.75-oz can cream of chicken soup, 2 0.87-oz envelopes chicken gravy mix, ¼ tsp pepper, ½ tsp garlic powder, 1 – 1 ½ cups water, and ½ tbsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Flavor (or substitute 2 smashed chicken bouillon cubes). Whisk together.
- Add the 4 cut chicken breasts to the Crock Pot and cover with lid. Set the Crock Pot temperature to low and cook for 4 hours, or until the chicken easily shreds with two forks.
- Shred chicken and stir the sauce and chicken together with a large spoon.