January 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- WHAT MAKES THIS THE BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE?
- BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP CROCK POT INGREDIENTS
- BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- WHAT IS GOOD TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP?
- HOW TO STORE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
- BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE FAQs
- MORE FAVORITES YOU’LL LOVE
- JUMP TO RECIPE
This easy crockpot buffalo chicken dip has taken the best parts of buffalo chicken wings and turned them into an out-of-this-world dip. In this hot dip recipe, the melding of cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, and chicken does something wonderful in your mouth that is almost irresistible.
WHAT MAKES THIS THE BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE?
We think this is the best buffalo chicken dip because it is packed with so much flavor. The combination of creamy, spicy, and cheesy creates the ultimate rich and delicious taste for an appetizer. It’s a nice hearty dish that pairs well with plenty of dippers from veggies to chips and crackers.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP CROCK POT INGREDIENTS
Buffalo chicken dip is a delicious and spicy party appetizer that combines the flavor of buffalo sauce with the creaminess of cheese and chicken.
All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time to let the flavors come together. Plus, it’s also a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken or canned chicken.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Frozen chicken breasts, minimum of 3 breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Red Hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
I like it best using freshly cooked chicken, but when you’re in a real hurry rotisserie chicken, leftover shredded chicken or canned chicken might be your top choice for this appetizer recipe.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
HEAT: To make this buffalo dip spicier, add more Red Hot sauce; or to make it less spicy, just add less!
CHEESE: You could also substitute other kinds of cheese such as Monterrey Jack or mozzarella cheese for the shredded cheddar in this cheesy dip. You could also serve this perfect appetizer with blue cheese as well!
RANCH: If you prefer, you can use sour cream in place of the ranch dressing and mix in dry ranch mix to make this easy buffalo chicken dip
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
This dip is the perfect combination of tangy buffalo sauce and creamy, cheesy goodness. It’s easy to prepare in your slow cooker and always a crowd-pleaser at parties and gatherings.
Here’s how you make it:
STEP ONE: Using a large pan, place frozen chicken breasts inside. Cover with water and boil on high heat for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked — absolutely no pink!
STEP TWO: In a large bowl or directly in the crockpot, mix the package of cream cheese, ranch dressing, Red Hot sauce, and shredded cheese.
It’s best to shred the cheese yourself, store-bought shredded cheese has a coating that means it doesn’t melt quite as well.
STEP THREE: When the chicken is fully cooked, shred with a fork and toss into the bowl or crockpot with other ingredients.
STEP FOUR: Heat in a crockpot on low for about thirty minutes and you’ll have the yummiest creamy buffalo chicken dip!
WHAT IS GOOD TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP?
Not matter whether you serve it hot or cold, game day just got even better with this spicy chicken dip.
Veggies such as carrot sticks, cucumbers, and celery sticks are my top choices to serve this recipe with but you can’t go wrong with adding red and green bell peppers too.
Tortilla chips, buttery crackers, or baguettes are a hands-down favorite carb for dipping. Breadsticks, pitas or garlic bread are additional options to serve with this delicious appetizer!
HOW TO STORE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers of this slow cooker chicken dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this creamy dip as all the creamy components may separate when thawed.
Spicy with the perfect amount of heat, you’ll love this simple, homemade slow cooker buffalo chicken dip at your next gathering! It’s creamy and cheesy with just the right amount of heat.
BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE FAQs
This easy recipe should be stored in the fridge. It will keep for up to three days in an airtight container.
This easy dip recipe can be baked in the oven too. Check out our recipe for baked buffalo chicken dip.
Any type of hot sauce that you would like to use will work in this cheesy dip.
You could make the entire recipe in the crockpot. Cook the chicken on low for about 5 or until it is cooked through and easy to shred. Then add all your other ingredients, set to low for 30 minutes to heat and you are all set.
You can prepare this dip the day before. Mix up all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, cover, and place the insert into the fridge until you are ready to heat and serve.
You can thicken the dip by adding more cream cheese until the desired consistency is reached. You can also use a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch and water) to thicken the dip quickly.
MORE FAVORITES YOU’LL LOVE
Buffalo Chicken Dip (Crock Pot Recipe)
- 3 frozen chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Red Hot sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Using a large pan, place frozen chicken breasts inside. Cover with water and boil on high about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked (absolutely NO pink!).
- In a large bowl/crock pot, mix 1 package cream cheese, ranch dressing, Red Hot sauce and cheddar cheese.
- When chicken is fully cooked, shred with a fork and toss into bowl/crockpot with other ingredients.
- Heat in a crock pot on low for about thirty minutes and you’ll have the yummiest dip!
- I like it best using freshly cooked chicken, but when you’re in a real hurry rotisserie chicken, leftover shredded chicken or canned chicken might be your top choice for this appetizer recipe.
- It’s best to shred the cheese yourself, store-bought shredded cheese has a coating that means it doesn’t melt quite as well.