November 19, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Chili cheese dip is a satisfying and delicious snack with so much flavor and is perfect for a big game day crowd. Spicy and served with tortilla chips or veggies, this creamy, cheesy dip is irresistible and it’s ready fast.
Chili Cheese Dip Ingredients
- 1 can of Hormel chili with no beans
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese
Substitutions and Additions
CHILI: You can use whatever type of chili you prefer. Homemade or a can of chili both work fine in this easy chili dip. Try our popular chili recipe for a great option.
SPICE: For an extra kick, you have plenty of options for this easy recipe. You can either pick a spicy chili, add a small can of green chilies to your mixture, or a couple of dashes of hot sauce will do the job nicely.
How to Make This Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
STEP ONE: Combine chili and cream cheese in a medium microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30-second increments while stirring to mix in between.
STEP TWO: Serve with your favorite chips, veggies, or crackers. This award-winning chili cream cheese dip could also be poured on hot dogs or brats.
PRO TIP: If you are serving this for a party, you could keep it warm in a slow cooker set on the warm setting.
How To Serve
This creamy, cheesy, quick chili cheese dip is ready in only minutes and is always a satisfying, crowd-pleasing snack to anyone I serve it to. You’ll also want to grab the nacho chips, corn chips, tortilla chips, and chopped fresh vegetables you want to eat along with this tasty party appetizer.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover chili cheese dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store any leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to a month.
I’m sure you’ll find this homemade chili cheese dip to be an irresistible addition to any party food table. It’s one of the easiest and best homemade dips around!
Chili cheese dip is simply cream cheese and chili warmed until it’s bubbly and hot. It’s then served with tortilla chips or veggies for a spicy, smooth dip that is full of great flavor and ready fast.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This cheesy chili dip is delicious using either homemade or canned chili.
Vegetarian chili would be just as delicious as chili con carne in this recipe.
This dip can be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Chili Cheese Dip
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar, I shredded 1 eight ounce block
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack, I shredded ¼ of a 2 pound block
- 2 cups favorite chili
- green onions and jalapeño, for optional garnish
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large pot, heat 2 cups of whipping cream.
- When the edges start to bubble, add in the cheese. Reduce heat and stir until melted.
- Stir in chili and remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and allow to cool before serving.
- The dip will thicken as it sits.
- If you are serving this for a party, you could keep it warm in a slow cooker set on the warm setting.